That '70s Show

That '70s Finale

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 18, 2006 on FOX

• Farewell "That 70s Show"

I thought that this was an excellent series finale of "That 70s Show". Man, this show has always brought me so many laughs and it ended just like that. The good thing is that this show lasted 8 seasons so I am happy about that. I'm glad that Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) returned to celebrate New Year's Eve with the gang and I'm glad that Eric (Topher Grace) returned at the very end of the episode. Season 8 wasn't my favorite season but it wasn't bad either but I just wish that Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) and Eric (Topher Grace) weren't gon na all Season 8 long. Anyways, it's December 31, 1979 and the gang is getting ready for their last New Year's Eve of the 70s before it hits 1980. The flashbacks from all of the past "That 70s Show" episodes were great such as the flashbacks with Red saying those "I'll put your foot in your @$$" jokes and when Kelso was being punched in the shoulder so many times over the years. The flashbacks with Eric and Donna's relationship together over the past years was also very nice. Kitty telling Hyde to shave off his mustache because he looks like some kind of prostitute was absolutely hilarious. It was also funny when Eric said "Last one upstairs has to call Red "dumb@$$" and Kelso was the last one up there. The ending was also interesting when everyone counted down and then the episode ends. The ending went like this "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" (episode ends). Overall, it is sad to see this show end forever because I love this show so much and it always makes me laugh hard... Farewell "That 70s Show" and you will always be missed by millions of fans including me. 10/10
  • perfect

Kitty does not want to leave Point Place and go to Florida, because of all the friends and family her and Red have. She tries telling him this, and they both agree not to go (because Red does not care where they live, as long as they are together).

Donna is excited for Eric to return, but he misses his flight. She is bummed because she wanted to see him. However, Eric eventually does show up, and they talk, and they even share a kiss.

The gang gather round to The Circle one last time before the New Years'. Eric decides to make it interesting coming up the stairs; whoever is last has to call Red a dumbass (something he has called others consistently throughout the series). Kelso is last, grabs the "Stupid Hat", and the episode, and series, ends.

Good. Not the best finale ever but it was handled pretty well. It had some humorous parts as well as emotional parts, like the talk between Donna and Eric near the end. Overall, satisfying end. A+
  • This episode is the greatest, yet most hilarious episode to date. There are montages of famous scenes within this episode to make you remember why we all love this show!

I know most people might think this is not the best episode from the series. And I agree to a certain extent. But this finale is a symbol of what the 70\\\'s really meant! To party and live life to the fullest. Whether it\\\'s climbing water towers and drinking boos, to coming home to meet old friends for one last night. Since Eric and Kelso were absent for most of season 8, they reprise their roles better than ever in this episode from the series. I\\\'m not saying this could possibly be the best episode from the series, but it lives up to all the fan\\\'s expectations of what a real series finale should be all about. I give it a 10 out of 10! Long live the \\\'70s!
  • it was pretty clever that they brought back eric after 10 minutes, didn\'t give a preview with him in it, and left him uncredited, because it made me wonder if they would bring him back.

This episode really made you wonder if you would hear from eric and then he appears, and that was one of the good things about this episode. Another plus had to be that randy was pretty absent from here. this episode would be perfect if they only brought back erics sister and finally say fez\'s name and country. but this episode really felt like one of the classic episode\'s and not one with stripper brides, unfunny fez, or randy.
  • a very dissapointing final episode. the basic story line to have the gang get together for new years eve and say good bye to the 70s is great...however the rest of it fails miserably.

I really felt like the entire 8th season was forced. The fact that Ashton Kutcher was in several episodes softened the blow of this series jumping the shark...which I believe happened when they replaced Lori's character with another actress (a better solution would have been to just leave her out of the story line all together) and then they tried to fill the void of Kelso and Forman with the new Randy character...that just didn't work. Proof of this is that Randy's character is ignored at the end of the final episode...weird. The show just isn't the same without Topher Grace who wasn't in any of season 8's episodes...except for like the last few minutes of this final episode which was a major let down. The closure for Eric and Donna really isn't there, I think it would have been fine either way if they decided to be together or not but it should have been clear one way or the other because its the final episode. Fez and Jackie's relationship wasn't developed well enough for me to accept it, frankly its bizarre that she had relationships with 3 of the 4 main guys. And I thought Ashton Kutcher as Kelso in this episode was a little off...like he forgot how to play the character or something, just not quite on the mark there. Its only noticeable because he is usually brilliant in this role. Sigh...what a shame. This show used to be really awesome. I doubt anyone will buy the final season on DVD cause it totally sucks.
  • That 70s Show is over im SO sad ive cried like 10 times already it was the greatest show ever created and im so sad to see it end =[ I dont think i can go a day without at least seeing 1 episode thank GOD for re runs and DVDs! what a great show!

That 70s Show is the best show i have seen in my entire life its so funny and theres nothing else to describe its just funny.. the last episode was amazing i loved everything expect that it was sad to see it end where Kitty says how much she loves the kids that was VERY touching and of course made me cry where Red flashes back to the good ol kicks in the ass and where Hyde flashes back to where he punched Kelso i was so happy Kelso came back for one last time to celebrate the new year with the gang and where he jumped off the water tower that was so funny i also liked that Fez and Jackie got together cuz Fez always liked her he deserves it but i loved the scene with Eric and Donna where Donna flashes back to the good times that was very sad too and then for the last minute of the show where they sit in the circle for one last time =[ and then the countdown 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 boom 1980 and then it shows That 70s Show on the license plate omg im so sad!!!! like i said ive cried a lot because that was the best show ever and i know everybody is so sad to see it end .. i hope someday it will come back i loved everything the place everything i especially loved where they hang out in the basement ahhhh man all the good times the laughs everything .. i sure will miss it and i will never NEVER replace this show with anything else because this show really is GREAT and im gonna cry right now i would like to thank everybody that made this show and the characters they have been great for 8 years i just wish it would still go to more seasons the ending is great where they countdown and they have their last circle together it was so sad =[ great show i will miss it and i will never forget this show and one more time i would like to thank all the directors and characters for making this show the best show on EARTH! and once more "Theres this car that runs on water, man"
  • Great way to end the series...

With the dreadful 8th season coming to an end, this episode definitely brightened up things.

The 8th season was pretty lacking. Without Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher, the show didnt really have the same feeling. Randy was a horrible replacement character that just never fit and made fans long for Eric and Kelso even more. The writers did the best they could with the situation. I did like the evolution of Jackie and Fez's relationship.

The finale had good jokes and a great storyline. New Years Eve and the last day of the 70s is the only way this show could have possibly ended. I was very happy to see Michael and Eric come back for this episode, it made it feel like That 70s Show again.

The scene with Eric coming home and talking to Donna was very well done and a great way to wrap up their relationship. I also loved the final scene with everyone in the basement.

Quality writing and laughs = Classic That 70s Show
  • The Perfect ending for the Perfect Show

This was a perfect ending for That 70s Show.

I was SO MAD when Red got home without Eric. I was SO DISAPOINTED that Topher Grace didnt come back. When he go there me and my brother freaked out!

I loved the whole episode. Kitty not moving, Kelso coming back, and "Wheres Laurie?" Lol funyn, this was a great ending

Im still upset they never revieled where Fez was from. But in a way it will give us something to do while the show is gone, think about where Fez was from

As i loved that Hyde used his money on the season tickets, i dont understand. Red became a supervisor and Hyde still payed em?

But still, i was pleased with the finale.
  • A graet finale...

This is a great finale for a great series... Fez and Jackie are finally a happy couple and begin to believe that they are going to have a future together, meanwhile, Kelso finally returns after almost a year of absence and wants to reunite with his friends, there they go out to the water tower where Kelso falls over again, which was really funny... and everyone is expecting the arrival of Eric, especially Donna, to prove she does not loves him, later Red comes telling them that Eric missed his airport, and with that, dissapoints Donna. Eric manages to arrived before the new year, and kisses Donna, and the show ends with the arrival of the 80's. A great episode...
  • what a great way to end the series....... great series finale!

wow.... what can i say? eric comes home again from africa.... fez gets hooked up with jackie ..... kelso comes back from being a bouncer for play boy ..... or something like that ....... and hide quits the circle and comes back to it again! too dramtic but ..... who cares! they really shouldnt have cancelled it and all because its a really great show! my gosh ... ive run out of things to say! o well what a great way to end the series....... great series finale! what a great way to end the series....... great series finale! goodbye
  • That '70s show has come up with clever and innovative ways to portray teens in the '70s. Jakie, Hyde, Kelso, Fez, Donna, and Eric all were unique characters that make the audience laugh on a regular basis. However, the season finale is disappointing.

5.3
    That '70s show grabs you from the first episode on mainly because the show talks about angst, conflicts, love interests, and parental problems that all teens go through. Occasionally, the show would also stress issues that were going on in the '70s. The most important thing about the show is the characters all six of the main characters brought you to keep watching it. The season finale has a good premise its the end of the '70s and they are going to have a new years party. Eric returns from Africa and Kelso returns from Chicago, that was a good idea. When Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher leave the show I think a lot of the genuine spark of the show left but the remaining cast pulled through. No questions are answered in the season finale. I would think a show that celebrated Eric and Donna throughout the entire show would at least let the audience know whether or not they were going to get together in the end. Most season finales either pose questions that the characters may have for the future or lets you know what will be happening to the cast this season finale did not. I was very sad and almost could not watch the ending because I kept saying to myself, "This cannot be the end," but I was wrong.
  • i hope it comes back

that 70s show was the best i hope they make something like a that 80s show [ not like the crappy one ] that would be the best thing ever . becuse that 80 show was more boreing than watching paint dry. uh huh u hu hu hu huh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uuh hu uh uh uh hu uh uh hu uh uh uhuh uh uh uh uh uh uh huh uh uh uh ./ what is it even about was the writer high or something .
  • BRING IT BACK!!!

they have to bring back that 70s show
    its one of my favorites
    atleast they can do is make a spinoff from it called that 80s show
    then wed have 10 more years
    and we still never found out were fez is from
    i mean from the first epi sode to this one , the last one , its been a real tear - jerker
    it was funny how eric missed his flight at the end
    l o l
    but we saw him at the end so it was good
    but the last season was very good and my cousin has them all on dvd so i watch em often ,
  • Great Show...Pretty Bad Season...Sad Episode

I was obsessed with this show for the fact that it really was a great show
    i started watching it in the summer of 2004,(Also the Summer I started watching family guy...But its overrated now) i was 13 i think and i loved it
    i bought every season, but i watched it so fast it felt like they didnt make the series long enough
    Well, the episode was very emotional for me and .... I cried...
    eh, only because i was so used to watching the show for so long ...when it ended , i couldnt believe it was over
    yeah well im just glad Eric came back for this episode and got back with Donna...
  • I can't beleive it...

...it's the end of That 70's Show. Oh well, at least Donna and Eric are back together from their second break-up from when Eric whent to Austrailia.
    Also, Fez finally wins Jackie's heart. A ton of unforgettable things happened in this episode, that I'm never gonna get outta my mind. This show was one of the best thongs that ever happened to TV. Now it's under the bridge... *sigh*. I wonder what the Formans, Pinciottis, Kelsos, Hydes, and Burkharts are doing now... probably saying, "I want to roll that camera again..."... oh well, bye bye, sweet memories. I'm off to play my Gamecube...
  • It's December 31, 1979 and the gang celebrates New Year's Eve. So sad..........

It's December 31, 1979 and the gang celebrates New Year's Eve. Eric returns and him and Donna have a reunion which made me and probably millions of others extremely happy. Fez and Jackie had their first official kiss, which I loved. Kelso also returned and Bob revealed he is going to move to Florida to open a bate shop and he asked Red, but Red said he didn't want to go, so Kitty and Red decide to stay and the gang and the parents look back at the past decade with memopries of all the foot in ass jokes and the times people fell off the tower and a couple other flashbacks. this was a very sad episode. I've grown up with this show and it was sad to see it go.
  • Its New years eve 1979 and the gang is all back together again.

In this the final Episode, the gang all comes back together, Eric comes back and tells Donna he never stopped thinking about her and she says the same and then they share a hot as kiss which i must say we had all been waiting for!! Thank god they did that BTW, jackie and Fez finally have their first kiss, on the water tower of all places and Red and Kitty decide not to move to florida. Such a sad episode going to miss Reds foot in a.s.s. comments and fez's "you son of a b!tch". Best last shot ever, the Number plate finally turning to 80...the end of an era.
  • i loved this show great eposide its sad that it was the last eposide

i loved this eposide to bad this was the last eposide this show was the best fez and jakie ened up toghter i was hopeing that kelso ends up toghter. i loved that kelo was a rino and the said woof woof that was funny i could not stop laughing i think it was unny when kelso says that he is going the blast himslf into the future that was funny i loved it when donn like i don't love erick and the kitty said he is here she said how is my hair that was very funny it was sad that the series ended .i wached it since 1999 and i think the should hae kept the shoe going does anyone else agree o uya then there like the last circle of the decend abnd then donna and jakie cme down staies ans sat here u burn outs are come on it almost new years then they say last person up stirs calls red a dumass the it was kelso he puts on he helmet then goes up staris then they where like 54321 the it ened i was so sad .well thats all 4 now bliar xoxo
  • Give Credit Where Credit's Due.

Finally, all the seasons are released on DVD and I can get all the specials. For me, this bearable 8th season was saved by Tommy Chong and the Finale. I was hoping to see Martin Cheech as a guest star somewhere, but it was not to be. So why did they not give Eric Forman's star, Topher Grace, a credit? Ashton was listed as a guest star and Josh Meyer (Randy) wasn't even in the finale and he got opening credits. The finale wrapped up nicely leaving us to imagine a potential happy future for Eric and Donna. Here's to the best TV tribute to the 70's. Bravo.

That's 70's Movie anyone?
  • The best endings are the ones that don't tell you what happens next... Contains spoilers.

The ending was pretty simple... Yet, there was too much that still needed to be told. They had to cramp every second they could into this episode, (They even took out the begining theme song). I knew that somehow when it came down to the countdown, we would truly never actually see them IN the 80's. The countdown ends with Eric's basement. A truly deserving place for the last scene.
    Where was Laurie (The sister). In the first few seasons she was always gone, then in the 6th season they got a new actor.
    Since That 70's show is a Comedy show there was always jokes and punch lines in between serious moments. But when they do have serious moments they cause a great impact on us because they are not as common as the punch lines.
    The show credits end with the whole gang singing : "Hello It's Me" (1972) Todd Rundgren. (But they tried to sing it) That credit is rather ironic because it actually comes from the Pilot: That 70's Pilot.
  • asome

this episode was so asome fez is finally with jackie en eric at the end finally come back adn the flashback form donna was awsome i love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and kitty ( the mom of eric ) was drunken and dindt sold the house there staying in wisconsin hapy eding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so exiting i just can hide it yeyey!! i dont know more to say.
    i i i i i i i i i i i iii i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i
  • That 70s Show is officially over.

The only way to end that 70s show is to end the 70s, so this was a logical choice for the last episode of this hilarious show. While the timeline has always been confusing (having 5 or 6 christmases in about three and a half years), it never really matters, because all that matters is that the show is as entertaining as ever on the last episode, and this one does just that.

It had some great callbacks to the rest of the show like the stupid helmet, foot in ass, the water tower, Hyde's most told "trip" story of the car that runs on water, Red's love for the packers, dumbass and of course Eric and Donna's relationship, and while they could have done more, such as a final "I said good day" from Fez, as long as there's a last circle with the gang, it was bound to be a good episode, and it was very funny, with Kelso and Eric back in it, and Kelso wanting once again to light something up, as well as wrapping up the main story points of the show, without trying to act like life ends after the episode.

Kitty and Red not moving seemed like a waste of a few episodes, but it was nonetheless a funny plot, and not showing anything after the turn of the decade was a wise choice. Overall, this episode definitely feels like a finale, and while there are a few faults, the show couldn't have ended any better, with hilarious lines from everyone, and the gang back together again, however briefly before Kelso goes back to Chicago with his rhino horn, Donna goes to college and Hyde gets busted, but the mystery at the end works for the ever changing plot of the show, and while the eighth season is possibly the worst of the show, this episode is one of the greats.
  • To put it simply, the only bright spot in the entire episode was the fact that Eric and Kelso were back. Otherwise, it was like the rest of season 8: crap.

Believe me, I'm not going into some rant on how Jackie and Hyde were practically soulmates and they needed to end up together- even though I totally could. No, this is about the abomination the writers like to call the final season of a wonderful show.

It sickens me to think that such beautiful characters would become caricatures of themselves, some even reverting back to old season 1 tactics (Jackie in particular), and them all just being plain cruel to each other. Jackie and Hyde seem to forget that they were together at all while making fun of each other for the hell of it. And of course, the stripper was brought in. I'm one of those few people that liked Randy, but what. was. the. point. of. the. stripper? Hell, all she did was make the blow of JH not ending up together worse.

Ugh, and I don't want to get into the pathetic and sad relationship that Jackie and Fez apparently have. Whatever. It's not worth my time anymore.
  • The end of a decade.

This was the greatest show ever. We will miss the shenanigans of Hyde, Kelso, Donna, Jackie, Fez, Eric,Laurie, Bob, Midge, Kitty, and Red ( not Randy, but no one liked him anyways), they will always be some of the funniest characters imaginable. It is sad to see such a good show go. If only we could see them one more time *Cough* Movie or reunion*cough*, that would be great, but since we likely won't this will be the end of the '70s. I loved the last scene where the gang sing like they did at the beginning. Good bye That '70 Show.
  • the last episode and the end of the 70's

in the last episode of that 70's show we learn that Donna is leaving point place for college and Hyde is the owner of the last grooves and Jackie and Fez have they first kiss and Kitty and Red decide to stay in point place and Kelso returns and falls off the water towner one last time and at the party donna gets mad at eric for some reason and Eric returns and Eric and Donna get back togeter and the guys do one last circle and the show ends and begans the 80's and we never know Fez's real name or his country
  • That 70's show series Finale... The Gang parties into 1980!

This episode was actually disappointing. Why did Jackie and Fez end up together? That was a really stupid ending. Eric who was really the most main character was barely even in it. They should've tried harder to get him to come back for a full episode, not just a scene with Donna and a scene in the basement. We don't even get to see Kitty and Red's reaction to their son coming home. On the bright side, Kelso, Hyde, and Red are really funny like normal. Bob is his good old self. I was also really happy they got rid of Randy before the series finale, he was a terrible character and super annoying. I wish we would've had Eric in it for the whole episode with the rest of the gang for old times. I give it 6.5 out of 10. I give the series a 9 out of 10! But the Last season was really sad to watch how it fell off.
  • That 70s Finale

The finale was extremely disappointing. Especially after a terrible 8th season. I would have been happier if they decided that season 8 was a bad drug trip, and the last episode was them waking up. The noticed the actors seemed stiff being in their characters this season, stereotypes of themselves, but it was especially after Kelso came back. The dream sequences were not great, they were filler, where they could have been putting an end to some of the stories. I did not need to see Red putting a foot up someones as* 100 times, I have watched the show, I know. Donna and Eric are not back together. They gave an indication that they were ok with each other, and even though they kissed, it did not mean they got back together, because they did not explain it or develop it. Even seeing them walk back in the house with their hands held would have been a better development of what exactly is going on between them. It seemed like they tried to hit all the spots one more time, the water tower, the basement, the 360 but it seemed rushed, and awkward. After this many years you would expect a lot more from the writing. Nothing happened. After all the time I put into this show it could have been better.
  • Eric\'s painful departure should have represented the transition into the meat-grinder known as the 80\'s - he should have stayed gone!

While Eric\'s departure was a big blow to the rhythm of the show, it should have led to a truly memorable eighth season. For seasons 1-6, Forman\'s basement was the gang\'s sanctuary against impending adulthood - the Circle a celebration of that insular feeling available only to high-school kids of that era. By season 7, they all realize that their world is changing faster than they can cope with it - welcome to being 18 or 19 - and they struggle to cling to what got them through the high-school years: each other. By season 7, we all know that the warm confines of Forman\'s basement will soon have to fade into fuzzy memory. The characters have outgrown it, and are, in a sense, drifting apart from each other - welcome to being 18 or 19.

Kelso\'s departure was unwelcome, but not fatal to the story-line. This was, after all, a show about Eric and Donna. (\'Friends\' could have lost anyone except Ross or Rachel.) The writers properly used the presence of Eric\'s constant absence to pry the characters out of the basement, and into adult life. But they failed to wrap things up believably or profoundly. Jackie and Fez? PLEASE! By 1982, Fez would have come out of the closet! Eric\'s departure hurt - we felt his loss, as did his fellow characters. The writers should have capitalized on that mood, and used it to acknowledge the end of an innocent era - not just for a few kids in Point Place, but for the entire country (the 80\'s sucked!).

Contrary to popular demand, Eric and Donna should NOT have ended up together - part of growing up is leaving that high-school sweetheart behind. However - and this was the biggest failure of the writers - Eric should never have come back from Africa! He should have died in a plane crash on his way back - the last scene should have been Donna, in 2006, thinking back to those days ... when we buried Eric. Or, he could have just not been acknowledged beyond a New Year\'s toast, and the last scene could have been him in 2045 (as Newhart, of course), daydreaming about Donna, wondering what became of her.

Thanks to the cast - one of the greatest ever!
  • good bye 70's

the show ended while it was still fresh. they could have gone on for a few more years but erick and kelso have left the show leaving jakie, hyde, donna, and eriks parent's. which is fine but it wasn't going to be the same. and this was the end of the 70's. they couldn't do that 70's show in the 80's. as donna is ready to leave for college it is revealed erick is coming home. so she stay's. as red pulls up to the house from picking up erick from the air port red get's out of the car and say's "the dumb ass missed his flight!" kelso returns for the last episode to hang out with his friends. as they are all in the living room ready for the new year start's kitty tell's everyone that they are staying. and also telling hyde that he is her second son. and donna as her daughter. she also tell's donna that she is "so sorry thigs did not work out between her and erik." donna then leaves the living room as kitty say's "speaking of daughters were's laurie"
    it then show's donna sitting on the car hood thinking about erik. and like any good ending of a story.. he come's back as we hear a "hey" and we see erik. fez,hyde,kelso, and erik are all in the circle when hyde say's "there's this car... and it runs on water!!!" (hyde has mentioned this car in the first episode and many other episodes" jakie and donna then come down stairs and say's mrs. forman is starting. and erick says' "last one up has to call red a dumb ass!!!" they all rush upstairs as kelso is about to beat hyde but hyde pushes him down. kelso prepairs by putting a helmet on. the camera stay's on down stairs but we hear a count down upstairs 3..... 2..... 1.... that 70's show.
  • The end of 70s.

Concluding a season that I usually wish to just completely forget is the series finale in which we finally get to see two of the missing characters again. Now, the others may have carried the show somewhat during this season, but it always felt like there was something huge missing, that being Eric and Kelso.

I am very glad that Kitty and Red decided to stay in their house. The memories would have gotten to me too, and I would have done the same thing, even though the prospect of moving to Florida sounds interesting. As for Fez and Jackie, I never bought into that and I will continue not caring for it. The Jackie we knew for years never would have done it, it was too off character for her.

Thankfully, we had Kelso falling off the tower again, and Eric finally making a return at the very end (where I was already fearing he might not return after all). We can only imagine what happened after that, but it's safe to say Donna and Eric were back together. The only thing missing was the slutty Laurie doing mischief around. Heh, it was a good conclusion after all. Thank you for making me laugh.
< 1 2 3