That '70s Show

That '70s Finale

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 18, 2006 on FOX

• I\'m very sad to see such an amazing show leave!! don\'t now whether to be sad or to congratulate the success of the show!!

I didn\'t realize that I would be this sad until i whatched the \"That 70\'s Show: The Final Goodbye\"!! I realized that this show has brought so many laughs over the years, it has cheered me up when I have been sad!! Even though I can still watch it in repeats it\'s not the same as sitting down and watching it for the first time. I can not think of a better way to end the show than on the Eve of the 80\'s. I\'m very happy to see some old faces turn up to pay their respects to the show. I know it will be a very good episode and i hope i don\'t cry, Good Bye That 70\'s show!!
  • The best series finale of the best sitcom of all times!

The show stayed true to the series. Eric returns at the last minute. Wow. This is the closure the fans needed and what a way to end a spectacular series.
    The show paid tribute to many classic scenes, and made several nods to classic scenes from the very first episode.
    The plate on the Vista Cruiser at the end showed \'80, but the final scene was from the pilot when they are singing in the car after leaving the concert.

The 360 was perfect! It is now the best 360 of the series. They ended with the same conversation they had in the very first 360 from the pilot - talking about the car that runs on water. Then ended it with one last race up those stairs - well, the last we will see, because they still live on.....

cheers, one last time.
  • Eric and Kelso are back,everyone is together, the 70\\\'s are about to end.

That was, in my mind, a flawless finale. This episode brought a sense of closure to the whole series in a great way, but it didn\\\'t forget at all the roots of the show. It was great to see the flashbacks of the most memorable part of the series. It was also nice that thet put every allusion they could to what they had done in the past. And I especially love the ending with Eric coming back and have an nice moment with Donna, around the car, where they had their first kiss. And to end the episode on a circle and a countdown to the 80\\\'s was superb.

Congratulation to this show: 200 episodes, that\\\'s impresive. It managed to do so with only one director. And the actors have been so great from the beginning. Well, not great at the beginning, but fun to watch nontheless! They seem to have enjoyed a lot what they have been doing and they fully deserve the succes of the show.

Thanks for the great years and for the memories. Farewell, That 70\\\'s show!
  • The 70's come to an end as New Years-1979 arrives. Everyone's leaving. Happy news only comes when the Foreman's decide to stay in Wisconsin, Hyde gets the record store, Fez and Jacki get together, and Kelso and Eric return for one last goodbye.

It's sad to see the end of such a wonderful and memorable show. I didn't like the idea when i first heard of the pilot. I wasn't even alive in the 70's. But it's since become such a big part of my life. I hate the idea of never seeing new episodes. It seems the last few years all the great shows have been coming to a close. It's litterally the end of an era. This episode had most of the main characters and all the ones that it needed. I'm glad Eric came back for the last one along with Kelso. It's depressing to say this, but..... Goodbye.
  • 9.9 rated, but is there not enough revealed?

This episode of the series is the final episode. I wish that it would have been more of a tearjerker. At first when I heard Jakie and Fez were getting together I said, "What?!?! They have little chemistry!". But now I think it made the episode more.. heppy.

When Red came home, Eric-less, I was about to scream! "What! He's not coming back for the finale?". I was so relived when he finally came back. I wish that the last seen would have not just ended at Midnight on the dot. I wish mabey in the beging of the '80s, Donna and Eric kissed. In the end the finale, kinda closed it up. I'm very happy with it.

I wish we could know about what happens to the gang in the future. Did Donna and Eric fall in love again? Did they get married? Did Fez and Donna get married? Those I'm upset arn't included. Though the finale itself was awesome!
  • All good shows come to a Great End. This was one Fox didnt can and im really happy they gave it a shot. I was happy with the ending. The Foremans werent Moving and Eric didnt get Donna. I wasnt suprised by this. Fez got to finally be with Jackie.

I can not believe this show is over. Many good Times. Many good laughs. At the end 8 years go by. Then its time to say goodbye. Theres so many words I wanna say but ill say this. When im really old and someone asks me many many years from now about That 70s show. Ill tell them I saw that show from the beginning to the end. It was something Great. Ill never ever forget it. That show was apart of my life. And im really happy it got a damn great ending.
  • I\'ve watched this show from the first episode. I cannot believe it is over. I have the 4 seasons on DVD and cannot wait for the rest to be available. I am gonna miss them very much! Thank you all for great entertainment for 8 years. Red Foreman is right!

I wished Eric and Donna’s situation was more clear.Was good to see them back where they started, at the Vista Cruiser. Being, I wanted them together, They will end up that way. Each and every character on this show holds a special place with me! Red Foreman, finally a strong male on TV. Kitty also wonderful! Donna, I loved her red hair and the prettiest she ever was, was from the episode where she wrote the wedding vows for Bob and Midge, reading them to Eric. Hyde, Kelso, Jackie & Fez.... Thank you all! I miss you already! GOD Bless! Well done!
  • So sad!!!!!

I was so glad Eric ended up coming back for the finale! I honestly couldn\'t figure out if they were going to bring him back or not, because I heard both stories. I like that they didn\'t show us any clips with him from the finale last week, so it really was a surprise.

I love how most things came full circle. Hyde talks about the car that runs on water, as he did in the pilot episode. Michael has the Packers helmet. Red gets a couple \"foot in your ass\" remarks. Eric and Donna are together again, we think.

The only thing that didn\'t work for me was the Jackie and Fez thing. I still think she should have ended up with Hyde. They worked so much better.

Finally, everyone counting down to 1980 offscreen was so heartbreaking. And the license plate that said \"80\" on it...what a great way to end the series!
  • The gang reunites for the close of the decade.

I don't know what's worse: This finale or the finale of Enterprise. I'm giving it credit because it lasted twice as long as Enterprise. I'm giving it credit because Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher came back, but not much else. They could have made the episode an hour long and wrapped everything up, so what about the sl**s in the oc. That 70's Show deserved a better send off. The Final Goodbye didn't do much for me. I can't say much more than that I'm pissed and disappointed at how FOX ended a staple in their primetime line-up for almost a decade so poorly.
  • Glad to see the circle together again.

They did a good job. Kelso slowly but surely blended back into the group and once Eric finally arrived there was a sort of nostalgia. Really makes you wish that Topher and Ashton had been there the whole season. I think the scenes in the last two episodes involving Randy were totally unnecessary and that Topher Grace deserved more screen time but other than that, a pretty satisfying finale. Every pointless scene was counterbalanced with one good one.

Seeing the footage of the gang from the beginning of the series singing in the car was really moving considering all the funny moments \'That 70\'s Show\' delivered to us and when Donna cried on Kitty\'s shoulder, you could sense those were actually Laura Prepon\'s tears.

I think we should all thank the creators and cast of \'That 70\'s Show.\' They\'ve been good friends to us.
  • I can honestly say that the end of an era occured here. I was happy about most things like Hyde talking about the car that runs on water and Eric ending up with Donna. Some things however angered me like where the hell is Fez from.

Well it was the finale of my favorite TV show on currently. It was just as I anticipated but they did leave out a couple things that would have helped. First of all they never said where Fez is from which dissapointed me. I also didn\'t like how Donna and Eric didn\'t say they were back together they just hugged and said I love you. Things I loved were that Kelso and Eric were back. Hyde mentioning the car that runs on water made me laugh. Kelso falling off the water tower one more time was fantastic. All in all it could have been alot worse and I did appreciate the ending with the gang singing just like the end of the first episode. Well the era is over time to find a new show but I will always have the seasons on DVD.
  • Everything is as it should be and everyone is back. The Circle has reunited the originals.

This is a great way to end the series. I wouldn't have done a better job. Everyone is reunited for the New Year. They're stepping into a whole new decade with a whole new perspective on life. Why not go out with one big bash?
    Recapes of Red's threats about putting his foot up everyone's @**. Of Kelso and others falling off the water tower and then doing it one last time. Kelso is so gullable. Eric gets back and mends things with Donna. The end can only end with THE CIRCLE. The way it all started. Great finale to a great 8 season run!
  • Wonderful closing episode!

Well, in spite of the doom and gloom predictions, the finale was wonderful. I have to admit, when Kitty did her speech in the living room and then Donna and Eric kissed by the Vista Crusier, I kind of lost it!

My only thought now is thank god for re-runs on cable. Even though I did not find this last season satisfying, I will miss this show greatly.

I relate to this show in so many ways. I am from the prior generation, and I have so many memories attached to much of the music, the TV shows, the clothes, the games, and the movies, that were used in the series.

Watching this series was like looking back into my own life when life was simpler and a heck of a lot more fun!

As Bob Hope used to say "Thanks for the memories".

• What a great series finale.

What an awesome finale. I liked how many things came full circle. Eric, Hyde, Kelso and Fez in the final 360, Hyde talkin about the car that runs on water, the six of them in the final scene, Kelso falling off the water tower, the characters reminding us who they were, and Eric and Donna back together (that's my own conclusion). Though it was sad to see the series end, it was time to call it a series. Gonna miss this show. Good thing there are re runs and DVDS.
  • What a way to go: with style!

WoW!! This was a great episode. The humor reminded me of Season One, and having Eric back with the gang in that 360 was perfect. They all have grown up so much these past eight years. Even though I stopped watching it for a while- season eight episodes just didn't satisfy me-I am glad I got back into it, I don't know how the writers, directors the whole crew and cast did it, but this is 70's show at its best.
    Kelso comes back to ring in the new year with the gang. He falls off the water tower (so funny!). Hyde's father gives him the store to own. While Fez and Jackie finally get together ( they look quite cute together actually). Donna and Eric get back together (which is my own conclusion)Eric tells her how much she means to him and they kiss (vista cruiser in the backgrond) what symbolism! Almost like their first kiss! The flashbacks were hilarious, Red saying his favorite words (ah, he is so loving!), Kitty showing the house to perspective buyers, (she made me go weepy. And her and Red finally agree to stay in Point Place.

The scene between Red and Kitty when she tells him she doesn't want to move, literally, stole the show. I think it is definitely one of the best scenes in the finale. Red Forman a softie! Talk about showing his soft side, he made me cry, "I don't care where I live as long I am with you" that was so sweet.

I never thought I would cry, but I did. I have enjoyed most of the episodes, it taught me that laughing is the only way to live-thanks for the laughter and great memories!
  • Just not good enough

I Just wish it would have done an epilogue of some sort you know show what happens to them and Eric got almost no screen time I know topher did not want to come back but it was still very disappointing. I hate this episode and I hate that I hate this episode because it is the last one ever; It is just not fair I expected better than this I want better than this. Also Jakie and Fez do not make a good couple he is too silly to be in a relationship with someone who wants a real commitment like Jakie even putting her with Kelso would be better but i would prefer Hyde.
  • Possibly the geatest series finale ever!

This finale rocked my socks. I loved all the flashbacks especialy the flashback of all the times Red said to kick someones ass but never did. I liked it when Fez showed Jackie the water tower when he wanted to replace Micheal + Jackie with Fez + Jackie but it was dark so it ended up as Micheal + Fez. The last circle was hilarious. When Donna nad Eric reunited I cried. This was possibly the greatest series finale of all time! 10 out of 10! A must see!
  • Best episode of the season.

This was a really great episode and it was really sad. I am very happy Donna and Eric got back together and I'm happy that Randy had only a few lines and then he disappeared. I didn't mind the whole Jackie and Fez stuff. I loved the ending with the countdown and everything. I will truly miss this wonderful show, which has made millions of people laugh for 8 years. The 8th season wasn't as great as the other seasons, but this finale episode really made the season a little better. R.I.P That '70s Show. You will be missed forever.
  • a series finale that went terribly wrong

6.6
    As I stated I did attend the finale, and when I got back on here and wrote I said that some people would be very disappointed, and I will admit now, that I am one of them, and it\'s terrible that I feel that way because I attended so many over the last couple years and it\'s one of my favorite shows. It felt like there was no conclusion to these characters lives, and it upsets me that the actors basically lied on the special because there is nothing that indicates a conclusion or at least that they\'re moving on, and if the actors really believe that there was, then that\'s sad.

Eric had no screen time, and not only that, he wasn\'t even credited. I think Topher Grace is a disgrace LOL, because this show made him who he is, and he was the star of it, and this is what he gives back? How lame! Kelso was the funniest, but even he didn\'t seem to be as exaggerated and as funny as he usually was. Red\'s foot up the ass was used way tooo many times that it became obnixous and boring, and they didn\'t even use it in the right sense. And also, like I thought when I was there, how could they not show a scene with Eric and Red and Kitty, I mean they\'re his PARENTS for goodness sake. Did Gregg Mettler put NO thought into this before he wrote it?! This is a SERIES FINALE, and I don\'t even think it fit for a season finale. Granted it was better than some of the episodes this season, but in no way fits for a proper series finale.

Basically, just another slap in the face by FOX.
  • Such a great series deserved such a better ending.

I definitely agree with the last review- my feelings exactly. I am not a huge TV watcher but I am addicted to That 70's Show. It's the only show I watch all the time. It was so sad to see it come to an end even though we all knew it was time because this past season has been very lame. I was definitely disappointed by the finale, and felt they could of done so much more, they really didn't resolve anything. I understand they wanted to leave some things unanswered, but there was still so much more they could have done. I think it's OK that we never learn where Fez is from, because the writers and cast don't even know and I think that was appropriate. But I do have kind of bad feelings for Topher for so obviously showing up for so little of the show like he couldn't take the time to do it, but maybe that was the writer's idea and not his. It appeared that his 2 scenes were not filmed in front of a live studio audience, so maybe that was intentional to keep up the "big mystery" of whether he was going to actually appear in it or not. If that was supposed to be the big suprise of the show, it kind of fell flat on its face. We all either expected he was definitely going to be there, or else Topher is a jerk, so when he appeared I felt more like "well it's about time you finally showed up" not "wow! what a shocker!" I also felt that Ashton was not really in character - he seemed more like Ashton than he did Kelso (although the distinction between the two of them really is a fine line). Personally I would have liked to have seen Hyde and Jackie end up together because I wanted Hyde to be happy and I think deep down inside he really loved her. But Jackie and Fez is OK.

If I had written the series finale: I would have had Eric and Donna end up together (of course), Hyde and Jackie together, and so as not to leave Fez's happiness out, I would have had him come "out of the closet" for the big suprise. (Maybe Fenton - was that the jewelry store clerk's name? can't remember - could have made an appearance) Midge would have come back to Bob, and Laurie would have shown up, either a reformed person or not, with an illegitimate child so Kitty could have a grandchild like she so desperately wants.

But I'm not a sitcom writer, so what do I know.
  • a bad conclusion of a great show which has been drowning for a season

Since the departure of Forman and Kelso, the show has been worse and worse from episod to episod.

This is really to bad because this used to be one of my favourite show.

This episod was totally predictable Donna and Eric getting back together. We only seen Forman and Kelso for like 5 minutes each.
    I was hoping the last episod would go back to the great episodes we've seen from Season 1 to 7 but it wasn't

This episod shows how little imagination the writters of That '70s show had during the 8th season.
    I'm guessing that after this season, Fox would have never signed for a 9th one
  • Letdown

1.5
    Too many flashbacks. Perfunctory guest comebacks. And wouldn\'t it be cold in Wisconsin on Dec 31st?

Usually entertaiing on Tivo, but this was a bit dull. I\'m a man of few words, so this minimum is annoying. I have to keep writing. I like to watch not write. Is this enough?
  • Quite a disapointing ending to one of the funniest shows of all time!

I can't understand how after every outrageously funny thing that's been done on this show, why they ended it with such a bland last episode. It wasn't all emotional, mushy and touchy feely like most last episodes are with everybody crying, but they could have at least given it a little bit more pleasing ending.
    It was nice though to see the retrospective clips of all the funny running gags over the years and Kitty's praising of the whole cast, as well as Jackie and Fez's hooking up, but what I can't believe is that Eric and Donna didn't end up getting back together! That would have made a perfect ending to the series. It might even have been neat to see them get married like they always wanted to.
    At any rate, it still wasn't too bad an ending despite it being somewhat of a letdown. I also think it might have been nice for Fez to finally reveal what country he's from. But I guess that's an unsolved mystery to leave for future debate from fans of the show.
    I must admit though, that in the final seconds when everybody is upstairs counting down to the new year and all you see is the empty basement, I did feel a little lump in my throat. That part was good. No flashbacks. No corny music. No warm fuzzy group hugs. No tears. No uproaris cheers from the audience. Just the countdown to the new decade as the image of the place we remember most from the show sits vacant and alone, without a sign of a circle in sight. Cut to the orange liscense plate with the words "That '70's Show" stamped on it. And an '80 expiration date sticker...
  • The 70's are over...

I hate the last episode of a series. It's so hard to see it end. So many memories, Im only 19 I've been watching this show half my life. Its hard not to feel like they were all my friends, I wish I could tell them all how much I appreciate what they did. Even though the season started off pretty rough, they couldn't of finished any better. Tho I wish Eric would of shown up at the beginning of the episode, and Lori at the end. But they will always be there, Kelso wearing the helmet, Eric and Donna sitting on the Vista Cruiser, Hyde at the record store with Leo , Fez and Jackie with some little aborigines, Red and Kitty with all of there kids. Hangin out in good ole Point Place. The greatest show there ever was has come to an end, the 70's are over...

August 23, 1998 - May 18, 2006, Hyde your tears, heres to the 200 days we hung out in Eric Formans basement
  • freakin A did this rock, sad to see the 70s go,this is a long review that u should read

ok first of all i think this was a great end to a great show(saddens me that its over)for all who didnt like it b/c topher grace(eric) was only in 2 scenes(the last 5 mins of the show)should know that we were lucky we got that,yes topher is an **** b/c the show did start his career but hes been wanting to leave since season 6, so at least he came back for the series finale(however short his appearence might have been)and although i wanted to see him interact with his parents 1 last time the 2 scenes were great(him and donna kinda getting back together and the last circle), at least ashton/kelso was there for just about the whole episode,

8:22 That\' 70s finale-
    this one was awsome, kelso coming back and jumping off the water tower one last time was great,its funny that he taught his daughter how to say burn
    i enjoyed all the clips of long running gags from past seasons(clips of people falling off the water tower,hyde punching kelso,reds foot in ass comments)
    fez and jackie had there first kiss at the water tower and couldnt seem to stop kissing after,i didnt like the idea at first,but the way it came to happen and seeing them finally together changed my opinion(michale + fez,that was hilarious),him asking when they where getting to sec. base was great(fez being good old fez)
    red and kitty decided to stay in point place and not move was good too(to many memories in that house)good luck to bob in florida and his bait shop, and congrats to red for finally getting his packers season tickets
    kitty saying what she loves about everybody was also emotional
    the whole eric coming back was awsome,he missed his flight so he had to catch the last flight(an excuse for him not being there for the whole episode)it led to an ecxiting conlusion of the show,after donna starts to remember all the good times shes had with eric he shows up, apoligizes to donna and says that red was right all these years, he is a dumbass,them getting back together(at least i think so b/c donna kissed him passionatly)was great
    the show ending with a circle was just how i wished it would, with eric,kelso,hyde and fez, just how it was with the very first circle in the very first episode(That\' 70s Pilot)i loved the fact that hyde talked about the car that runs on water(just as he did in the first circle)it was freaking awsome,
    then the girls come to get the guys for the countdown to new years(it makes no sense that its new years,if u want to know why just message me and ask)and eric says the last one up has to call red a dumbass,they all fight to get up stairs and kelso is last so he takes the stupid helmet and the camera stays in the basement(where most of the memoeries where made and where most of the show took place)while we hear the cast counting down to the new year and when they get to one kelso\'s firework goes off and the license plate appears with the yr 80, this is where i got very depressed that the show was over(im a huge kinda obsessed fan)
    the ending credits show a clip from the very first episode where the whole gang where in the vista cruiser on the way home from a ted rudgrent* concert singing one of his songs was kool(espically to see how young they all where and how much they\'ve changed in 8 yrs,espcially fez,not so much eric lol)

eric is back and is now with donna again,but donna is still goin to college in madison(for real this time,and is still a radio dj)...fez and jackie are finally together and are living together, they both still work at the salon(although i liked hyde and jackie better, her with fez isnt so bad)...kelso is the supervisor of a strip club and still lives in chicago(near his daughter)..hyde now owns the record shop with his # 1 employe leo, and red and kitty didnt move to florida and are stiill retired(bob still moved),laurie..uh..who the hell knows lol

i will truely miss this show , thx for the memories and laughs over the years,

R.I.P That' 70s Show 1998-2006
    the best damn show on earth
    your biggest fan Serg
    i leave you with this quote
    "hey, did you guys ever hear about this car that runs on water, yea it has fiber glassed cooled engins and it runs on water man"
  • The gang comes back together one last time!

I was glad to see Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace returning to their breakout series, and bid their final farewell. My real issue with their return is how poorly their lines were written. I think had a little more thought gone into the writing process the fans could have had some more final great Kelso and Eric Foreman moments.

A lot of the elements of this season and this finale felt contrived and forced. Like Jackie and Fez getting together? Fez should feel like the sloppy seconds definitely. Donna getting back together with Eric? Although it made sense, her breakup with that other guy, what's his face, went to fast. She could have at least made Eric squirm a little, because that's one thing Eric is good at.

For instance, how could the writers miss out on providing a nice little last "BURN" from Kelso! They had a perfect shot at it when Kelso was teasing Hyde about his stripper wife. This among other things were a big slip on the writers' part.

Also, the overall sensation of this issue felt dull to say the least. Considering the writers got all of the gang back together one last time, they could have spent some time in making this a big tribute and send-off for the fans. They got the material but never properly uses them. A big diappointment for fans I should say even if it was good to see Eric and Kelso one last time. I don't think all of Red's "foot in your ass" flashback moments and Hyde's punches on Kelso sums up the things that was great with this series. A neat touch indeed, but not sufficient to satisfy the fans I believe.

To make any sort of comparison, the Charmed series finale provided with more closure and tribute to the past seasons than this That 70's finale really did. In overall, this series finale while entertaining in parts, it lacked the epic or closing feel as a series finale of this scale should have. Disappointing close for an otherwise excellent series.
  • I think this episode was decent in some ways and then pretty bad in others as far as a series finale.

I actually liked the episode to a current point but there could have been more for a series finale. Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher came back for the finale which was pretty good. I would have loved to see Eric and Donna actually do something besides kiss and talk like they use to. I thought it was very special for the last scene with the whole gang to be in a circle, just like the way the show first aired. Red and Kitty made the wise choice not to move to Florida and I wondered did Eric have to go back to Africa or was he home for good, they just left so many unanswered questions for the viewers.
  • A good finale For A Great show

that 70s finale was a good finale i mean red and kitty staying was a little disaponting i though they were going to move kelso was back that made it great seeying fight with hyde fez and jackie i think they make a cute couple im glad they got together and have problems it was funny im am so glad they guy randy was in it much thank you writers and For Eric and donna is a mysterie it looks like they got back together it was a good ending if your going to end a show like this better do it a certain time and place
  • the gang is gathered at the Formans' house for one last New Year's Eve of the '70s. A party isn't a party unless the gang's all here

Sad to see this series end but it really wasn't the same with Eric Foreman gone, and I must say, I was hoping the series finale would have been better than what it was... I just didn't really care for it as much... You would think they would have gave Topher Grace more screen time, instead of the last five minutes!!! Overall, one of my favorite shows have come to an End!!!
  • why!!

Why'd it have to end I used to Love That 70's show!! It was always sooo funny and Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) was soo Hot and clueless! I miss it, it shouldn't have ended! It was so good, and funny. I loved all the story lines and the cast! I loved the hole thing! It should have kept going on, after 8 or 9 seasons how ever long it lasted I still would have watched it! I am so mad at the director for ending it! But it was cute when Fez and Jackie got back together they do belong together!
< 1 2 3