That '70s Show

That '70s Finale

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 18, 2006 on FOX

• Just not good enough

I Just wish it would have done an epilogue of some sort you know show what happens to them and Eric got almost no screen time I know topher did not want to come back but it was still very disappointing. I hate this episode and I hate that I hate this episode because it is the last one ever; It is just not fair I expected better than this I want better than this. Also Jakie and Fez do not make a good couple he is too silly to be in a relationship with someone who wants a real commitment like Jakie even putting her with Kelso would be better but i would prefer Hyde.
  • Such a great series deserved such a better ending.

I definitely agree with the last review- my feelings exactly. I am not a huge TV watcher but I am addicted to That 70's Show. It's the only show I watch all the time. It was so sad to see it come to an end even though we all knew it was time because this past season has been very lame. I was definitely disappointed by the finale, and felt they could of done so much more, they really didn't resolve anything. I understand they wanted to leave some things unanswered, but there was still so much more they could have done. I think it's OK that we never learn where Fez is from, because the writers and cast don't even know and I think that was appropriate. But I do have kind of bad feelings for Topher for so obviously showing up for so little of the show like he couldn't take the time to do it, but maybe that was the writer's idea and not his. It appeared that his 2 scenes were not filmed in front of a live studio audience, so maybe that was intentional to keep up the "big mystery" of whether he was going to actually appear in it or not. If that was supposed to be the big suprise of the show, it kind of fell flat on its face. We all either expected he was definitely going to be there, or else Topher is a jerk, so when he appeared I felt more like "well it's about time you finally showed up" not "wow! what a shocker!" I also felt that Ashton was not really in character - he seemed more like Ashton than he did Kelso (although the distinction between the two of them really is a fine line). Personally I would have liked to have seen Hyde and Jackie end up together because I wanted Hyde to be happy and I think deep down inside he really loved her. But Jackie and Fez is OK.

If I had written the series finale: I would have had Eric and Donna end up together (of course), Hyde and Jackie together, and so as not to leave Fez's happiness out, I would have had him come "out of the closet" for the big suprise. (Maybe Fenton - was that the jewelry store clerk's name? can't remember - could have made an appearance) Midge would have come back to Bob, and Laurie would have shown up, either a reformed person or not, with an illegitimate child so Kitty could have a grandchild like she so desperately wants.

But I'm not a sitcom writer, so what do I know.
  • freakin A did this rock, sad to see the 70s go,this is a long review that u should read

ok first of all i think this was a great end to a great show(saddens me that its over)for all who didnt like it b/c topher grace(eric) was only in 2 scenes(the last 5 mins of the show)should know that we were lucky we got that,yes topher is an **** b/c the show did start his career but hes been wanting to leave since season 6, so at least he came back for the series finale(however short his appearence might have been)and although i wanted to see him interact with his parents 1 last time the 2 scenes were great(him and donna kinda getting back together and the last circle), at least ashton/kelso was there for just about the whole episode,

8:22 That\' 70s finale-
    this one was awsome, kelso coming back and jumping off the water tower one last time was great,its funny that he taught his daughter how to say burn
    i enjoyed all the clips of long running gags from past seasons(clips of people falling off the water tower,hyde punching kelso,reds foot in ass comments)
    fez and jackie had there first kiss at the water tower and couldnt seem to stop kissing after,i didnt like the idea at first,but the way it came to happen and seeing them finally together changed my opinion(michale + fez,that was hilarious),him asking when they where getting to sec. base was great(fez being good old fez)
    red and kitty decided to stay in point place and not move was good too(to many memories in that house)good luck to bob in florida and his bait shop, and congrats to red for finally getting his packers season tickets
    kitty saying what she loves about everybody was also emotional
    the whole eric coming back was awsome,he missed his flight so he had to catch the last flight(an excuse for him not being there for the whole episode)it led to an ecxiting conlusion of the show,after donna starts to remember all the good times shes had with eric he shows up, apoligizes to donna and says that red was right all these years, he is a dumbass,them getting back together(at least i think so b/c donna kissed him passionatly)was great
    the show ending with a circle was just how i wished it would, with eric,kelso,hyde and fez, just how it was with the very first circle in the very first episode(That\' 70s Pilot)i loved the fact that hyde talked about the car that runs on water(just as he did in the first circle)it was freaking awsome,
    then the girls come to get the guys for the countdown to new years(it makes no sense that its new years,if u want to know why just message me and ask)and eric says the last one up has to call red a dumbass,they all fight to get up stairs and kelso is last so he takes the stupid helmet and the camera stays in the basement(where most of the memoeries where made and where most of the show took place)while we hear the cast counting down to the new year and when they get to one kelso\'s firework goes off and the license plate appears with the yr 80, this is where i got very depressed that the show was over(im a huge kinda obsessed fan)
    the ending credits show a clip from the very first episode where the whole gang where in the vista cruiser on the way home from a ted rudgrent* concert singing one of his songs was kool(espically to see how young they all where and how much they\'ve changed in 8 yrs,espcially fez,not so much eric lol)

eric is back and is now with donna again,but donna is still goin to college in madison(for real this time,and is still a radio dj)...fez and jackie are finally together and are living together, they both still work at the salon(although i liked hyde and jackie better, her with fez isnt so bad)...kelso is the supervisor of a strip club and still lives in chicago(near his daughter)..hyde now owns the record shop with his # 1 employe leo, and red and kitty didnt move to florida and are stiill retired(bob still moved),laurie..uh..who the hell knows lol

i will truely miss this show , thx for the memories and laughs over the years,

R.I.P That' 70s Show 1998-2006
    the best damn show on earth
    your biggest fan Serg
    i leave you with this quote
    "hey, did you guys ever hear about this car that runs on water, yea it has fiber glassed cooled engins and it runs on water man"
  • The gang comes back together one last time!

I was glad to see Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace returning to their breakout series, and bid their final farewell. My real issue with their return is how poorly their lines were written. I think had a little more thought gone into the writing process the fans could have had some more final great Kelso and Eric Foreman moments.

A lot of the elements of this season and this finale felt contrived and forced. Like Jackie and Fez getting together? Fez should feel like the sloppy seconds definitely. Donna getting back together with Eric? Although it made sense, her breakup with that other guy, what's his face, went to fast. She could have at least made Eric squirm a little, because that's one thing Eric is good at.

For instance, how could the writers miss out on providing a nice little last "BURN" from Kelso! They had a perfect shot at it when Kelso was teasing Hyde about his stripper wife. This among other things were a big slip on the writers' part.

Also, the overall sensation of this issue felt dull to say the least. Considering the writers got all of the gang back together one last time, they could have spent some time in making this a big tribute and send-off for the fans. They got the material but never properly uses them. A big diappointment for fans I should say even if it was good to see Eric and Kelso one last time. I don't think all of Red's "foot in your ass" flashback moments and Hyde's punches on Kelso sums up the things that was great with this series. A neat touch indeed, but not sufficient to satisfy the fans I believe.

To make any sort of comparison, the Charmed series finale provided with more closure and tribute to the past seasons than this That 70's finale really did. In overall, this series finale while entertaining in parts, it lacked the epic or closing feel as a series finale of this scale should have. Disappointing close for an otherwise excellent series.
  • Eric\'s painful departure should have represented the transition into the meat-grinder known as the 80\'s - he should have stayed gone!

While Eric\'s departure was a big blow to the rhythm of the show, it should have led to a truly memorable eighth season. For seasons 1-6, Forman\'s basement was the gang\'s sanctuary against impending adulthood - the Circle a celebration of that insular feeling available only to high-school kids of that era. By season 7, they all realize that their world is changing faster than they can cope with it - welcome to being 18 or 19 - and they struggle to cling to what got them through the high-school years: each other. By season 7, we all know that the warm confines of Forman\'s basement will soon have to fade into fuzzy memory. The characters have outgrown it, and are, in a sense, drifting apart from each other - welcome to being 18 or 19.

Kelso\'s departure was unwelcome, but not fatal to the story-line. This was, after all, a show about Eric and Donna. (\'Friends\' could have lost anyone except Ross or Rachel.) The writers properly used the presence of Eric\'s constant absence to pry the characters out of the basement, and into adult life. But they failed to wrap things up believably or profoundly. Jackie and Fez? PLEASE! By 1982, Fez would have come out of the closet! Eric\'s departure hurt - we felt his loss, as did his fellow characters. The writers should have capitalized on that mood, and used it to acknowledge the end of an innocent era - not just for a few kids in Point Place, but for the entire country (the 80\'s sucked!).

Contrary to popular demand, Eric and Donna should NOT have ended up together - part of growing up is leaving that high-school sweetheart behind. However - and this was the biggest failure of the writers - Eric should never have come back from Africa! He should have died in a plane crash on his way back - the last scene should have been Donna, in 2006, thinking back to those days ... when we buried Eric. Or, he could have just not been acknowledged beyond a New Year\'s toast, and the last scene could have been him in 2045 (as Newhart, of course), daydreaming about Donna, wondering what became of her.

Thanks to the cast - one of the greatest ever!
  • Farewell "That 70s Show"

I thought that this was an excellent series finale of "That 70s Show". Man, this show has always brought me so many laughs and it ended just like that. The good thing is that this show lasted 8 seasons so I am happy about that. I'm glad that Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) returned to celebrate New Year's Eve with the gang and I'm glad that Eric (Topher Grace) returned at the very end of the episode. Season 8 wasn't my favorite season but it wasn't bad either but I just wish that Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) and Eric (Topher Grace) weren't gon na all Season 8 long. Anyways, it's December 31, 1979 and the gang is getting ready for their last New Year's Eve of the 70s before it hits 1980. The flashbacks from all of the past "That 70s Show" episodes were great such as the flashbacks with Red saying those "I'll put your foot in your @$$" jokes and when Kelso was being punched in the shoulder so many times over the years. The flashbacks with Eric and Donna's relationship together over the past years was also very nice. Kitty telling Hyde to shave off his mustache because he looks like some kind of prostitute was absolutely hilarious. It was also funny when Eric said "Last one upstairs has to call Red "dumb@$$" and Kelso was the last one up there. The ending was also interesting when everyone counted down and then the episode ends. The ending went like this "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" (episode ends). Overall, it is sad to see this show end forever because I love this show so much and it always makes me laugh hard... Farewell "That 70s Show" and you will always be missed by millions of fans including me. 10/10
  • perfect

Kitty does not want to leave Point Place and go to Florida, because of all the friends and family her and Red have. She tries telling him this, and they both agree not to go (because Red does not care where they live, as long as they are together).

Donna is excited for Eric to return, but he misses his flight. She is bummed because she wanted to see him. However, Eric eventually does show up, and they talk, and they even share a kiss.

The gang gather round to The Circle one last time before the New Years'. Eric decides to make it interesting coming up the stairs; whoever is last has to call Red a dumbass (something he has called others consistently throughout the series). Kelso is last, grabs the "Stupid Hat", and the episode, and series, ends.

Good. Not the best finale ever but it was handled pretty well. It had some humorous parts as well as emotional parts, like the talk between Donna and Eric near the end. Overall, satisfying end. A+
  • good bye 70's

the show ended while it was still fresh. they could have gone on for a few more years but erick and kelso have left the show leaving jakie, hyde, donna, and eriks parent's. which is fine but it wasn't going to be the same. and this was the end of the 70's. they couldn't do that 70's show in the 80's. as donna is ready to leave for college it is revealed erick is coming home. so she stay's. as red pulls up to the house from picking up erick from the air port red get's out of the car and say's "the dumb ass missed his flight!" kelso returns for the last episode to hang out with his friends. as they are all in the living room ready for the new year start's kitty tell's everyone that they are staying. and also telling hyde that he is her second son. and donna as her daughter. she also tell's donna that she is "so sorry thigs did not work out between her and erik." donna then leaves the living room as kitty say's "speaking of daughters were's laurie"
    it then show's donna sitting on the car hood thinking about erik. and like any good ending of a story.. he come's back as we hear a "hey" and we see erik. fez,hyde,kelso, and erik are all in the circle when hyde say's "there's this car... and it runs on water!!!" (hyde has mentioned this car in the first episode and many other episodes" jakie and donna then come down stairs and say's mrs. forman is starting. and erick says' "last one up has to call red a dumb ass!!!" they all rush upstairs as kelso is about to beat hyde but hyde pushes him down. kelso prepairs by putting a helmet on. the camera stay's on down stairs but we hear a count down upstairs 3..... 2..... 1.... that 70's show.
  • What a way to go: with style!

WoW!! This was a great episode. The humor reminded me of Season One, and having Eric back with the gang in that 360 was perfect. They all have grown up so much these past eight years. Even though I stopped watching it for a while- season eight episodes just didn't satisfy me-I am glad I got back into it, I don't know how the writers, directors the whole crew and cast did it, but this is 70's show at its best.
    Kelso comes back to ring in the new year with the gang. He falls off the water tower (so funny!). Hyde's father gives him the store to own. While Fez and Jackie finally get together ( they look quite cute together actually). Donna and Eric get back together (which is my own conclusion)Eric tells her how much she means to him and they kiss (vista cruiser in the backgrond) what symbolism! Almost like their first kiss! The flashbacks were hilarious, Red saying his favorite words (ah, he is so loving!), Kitty showing the house to perspective buyers, (she made me go weepy. And her and Red finally agree to stay in Point Place.

The scene between Red and Kitty when she tells him she doesn't want to move, literally, stole the show. I think it is definitely one of the best scenes in the finale. Red Forman a softie! Talk about showing his soft side, he made me cry, "I don't care where I live as long I am with you" that was so sweet.

I never thought I would cry, but I did. I have enjoyed most of the episodes, it taught me that laughing is the only way to live-thanks for the laughter and great memories!
  • That 70s Show is officially over.

The only way to end that 70s show is to end the 70s, so this was a logical choice for the last episode of this hilarious show. While the timeline has always been confusing (having 5 or 6 christmases in about three and a half years), it never really matters, because all that matters is that the show is as entertaining as ever on the last episode, and this one does just that.

It had some great callbacks to the rest of the show like the stupid helmet, foot in ass, the water tower, Hyde's most told "trip" story of the car that runs on water, Red's love for the packers, dumbass and of course Eric and Donna's relationship, and while they could have done more, such as a final "I said good day" from Fez, as long as there's a last circle with the gang, it was bound to be a good episode, and it was very funny, with Kelso and Eric back in it, and Kelso wanting once again to light something up, as well as wrapping up the main story points of the show, without trying to act like life ends after the episode.

Kitty and Red not moving seemed like a waste of a few episodes, but it was nonetheless a funny plot, and not showing anything after the turn of the decade was a wise choice. Overall, this episode definitely feels like a finale, and while there are a few faults, the show couldn't have ended any better, with hilarious lines from everyone, and the gang back together again, however briefly before Kelso goes back to Chicago with his rhino horn, Donna goes to college and Hyde gets busted, but the mystery at the end works for the ever changing plot of the show, and while the eighth season is possibly the worst of the show, this episode is one of the greats.
  • a series finale that went terribly wrong

6.6
    As I stated I did attend the finale, and when I got back on here and wrote I said that some people would be very disappointed, and I will admit now, that I am one of them, and it\'s terrible that I feel that way because I attended so many over the last couple years and it\'s one of my favorite shows. It felt like there was no conclusion to these characters lives, and it upsets me that the actors basically lied on the special because there is nothing that indicates a conclusion or at least that they\'re moving on, and if the actors really believe that there was, then that\'s sad.

Eric had no screen time, and not only that, he wasn\'t even credited. I think Topher Grace is a disgrace LOL, because this show made him who he is, and he was the star of it, and this is what he gives back? How lame! Kelso was the funniest, but even he didn\'t seem to be as exaggerated and as funny as he usually was. Red\'s foot up the ass was used way tooo many times that it became obnixous and boring, and they didn\'t even use it in the right sense. And also, like I thought when I was there, how could they not show a scene with Eric and Red and Kitty, I mean they\'re his PARENTS for goodness sake. Did Gregg Mettler put NO thought into this before he wrote it?! This is a SERIES FINALE, and I don\'t even think it fit for a season finale. Granted it was better than some of the episodes this season, but in no way fits for a proper series finale.

Basically, just another slap in the face by FOX.
  • The gang reunites for the close of the decade.

I don't know what's worse: This finale or the finale of Enterprise. I'm giving it credit because it lasted twice as long as Enterprise. I'm giving it credit because Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher came back, but not much else. They could have made the episode an hour long and wrapped everything up, so what about the sl**s in the oc. That 70's Show deserved a better send off. The Final Goodbye didn't do much for me. I can't say much more than that I'm pissed and disappointed at how FOX ended a staple in their primetime line-up for almost a decade so poorly.
  • Letdown

1.5
    Too many flashbacks. Perfunctory guest comebacks. And wouldn\'t it be cold in Wisconsin on Dec 31st?

Usually entertaiing on Tivo, but this was a bit dull. I\'m a man of few words, so this minimum is annoying. I have to keep writing. I like to watch not write. Is this enough?
  • That 70s Finale

The finale was extremely disappointing. Especially after a terrible 8th season. I would have been happier if they decided that season 8 was a bad drug trip, and the last episode was them waking up. The noticed the actors seemed stiff being in their characters this season, stereotypes of themselves, but it was especially after Kelso came back. The dream sequences were not great, they were filler, where they could have been putting an end to some of the stories. I did not need to see Red putting a foot up someones as* 100 times, I have watched the show, I know. Donna and Eric are not back together. They gave an indication that they were ok with each other, and even though they kissed, it did not mean they got back together, because they did not explain it or develop it. Even seeing them walk back in the house with their hands held would have been a better development of what exactly is going on between them. It seemed like they tried to hit all the spots one more time, the water tower, the basement, the 360 but it seemed rushed, and awkward. After this many years you would expect a lot more from the writing. Nothing happened. After all the time I put into this show it could have been better.
  • Wow, I can\'t believe how much I am going to miss this show.

That 70\'s Show will always be one the funniest and most enjoyabe TV shows ever. The first episode I saw about a year ago got me hooked. I don\'t think I can go a day without at least one episode of it. It\'s very sad that it\'s done, and there will never be another episode. When I saw That 70\'s Show: The Final Goodbye, it hit me, and I know it\'s sad that I got emotional over a televison show ending, I just couldn\'t help it. This show is so special. It always puts you in a good mood no matter how crappy you\'re feeling. I could watch the same episode over and over again withput getting bored. I was especially upset it ended about 10 minutes after Eric came back. To sum it all up, here\'s what happened (spoilers ahead): Jackie and Fez are now together, most likley for a long time, Kelso is doing great in Chicago with his daughter and his job at the Playboy club, Hyde officially owns the record store, Kitty and Red are not moving to Florida, Bob is still moving, and of course Eric and Donna are back together. As for Leo and Randy, Leo is just gonna keep on keepin on, and Randy...well I don\'t recall seeing him in this episode, so Randy\'s dead. And it ended in perfect fasion, the circle and the car that runs on water.

Thank you That 70\'s Show.
  • I\'ve watched this show from the first episode. I cannot believe it is over. I have the 4 seasons on DVD and cannot wait for the rest to be available. I am gonna miss them very much! Thank you all for great entertainment for 8 years. Red Foreman is right!

I wished Eric and Donna’s situation was more clear.Was good to see them back where they started, at the Vista Cruiser. Being, I wanted them together, They will end up that way. Each and every character on this show holds a special place with me! Red Foreman, finally a strong male on TV. Kitty also wonderful! Donna, I loved her red hair and the prettiest she ever was, was from the episode where she wrote the wedding vows for Bob and Midge, reading them to Eric. Hyde, Kelso, Jackie & Fez.... Thank you all! I miss you already! GOD Bless! Well done!
  • Eric and Kelso are back,everyone is together, the 70\\\'s are about to end.

That was, in my mind, a flawless finale. This episode brought a sense of closure to the whole series in a great way, but it didn\\\'t forget at all the roots of the show. It was great to see the flashbacks of the most memorable part of the series. It was also nice that thet put every allusion they could to what they had done in the past. And I especially love the ending with Eric coming back and have an nice moment with Donna, around the car, where they had their first kiss. And to end the episode on a circle and a countdown to the 80\\\'s was superb.

Congratulation to this show: 200 episodes, that\\\'s impresive. It managed to do so with only one director. And the actors have been so great from the beginning. Well, not great at the beginning, but fun to watch nontheless! They seem to have enjoyed a lot what they have been doing and they fully deserve the succes of the show.

Thanks for the great years and for the memories. Farewell, That 70\\\'s show!
  • The best series finale of the best sitcom of all times!

The show stayed true to the series. Eric returns at the last minute. Wow. This is the closure the fans needed and what a way to end a spectacular series.
    The show paid tribute to many classic scenes, and made several nods to classic scenes from the very first episode.
    The plate on the Vista Cruiser at the end showed \'80, but the final scene was from the pilot when they are singing in the car after leaving the concert.

The 360 was perfect! It is now the best 360 of the series. They ended with the same conversation they had in the very first 360 from the pilot - talking about the car that runs on water. Then ended it with one last race up those stairs - well, the last we will see, because they still live on.....

cheers, one last time.
  • I\'m very sad to see such an amazing show leave!! don\'t now whether to be sad or to congratulate the success of the show!!

I didn\'t realize that I would be this sad until i whatched the \"That 70\'s Show: The Final Goodbye\"!! I realized that this show has brought so many laughs over the years, it has cheered me up when I have been sad!! Even though I can still watch it in repeats it\'s not the same as sitting down and watching it for the first time. I can not think of a better way to end the show than on the Eve of the 80\'s. I\'m very happy to see some old faces turn up to pay their respects to the show. I know it will be a very good episode and i hope i don\'t cry, Good Bye That 70\'s show!!
  • So sad!!!!!

I was so glad Eric ended up coming back for the finale! I honestly couldn\'t figure out if they were going to bring him back or not, because I heard both stories. I like that they didn\'t show us any clips with him from the finale last week, so it really was a surprise.

I love how most things came full circle. Hyde talks about the car that runs on water, as he did in the pilot episode. Michael has the Packers helmet. Red gets a couple \"foot in your ass\" remarks. Eric and Donna are together again, we think.

The only thing that didn\'t work for me was the Jackie and Fez thing. I still think she should have ended up with Hyde. They worked so much better.

Finally, everyone counting down to 1980 offscreen was so heartbreaking. And the license plate that said \"80\" on it...what a great way to end the series!
  • the gang is gathered at the Formans' house for one last New Year's Eve of the '70s. A party isn't a party unless the gang's all here

Sad to see this series end but it really wasn't the same with Eric Foreman gone, and I must say, I was hoping the series finale would have been better than what it was... I just didn't really care for it as much... You would think they would have gave Topher Grace more screen time, instead of the last five minutes!!! Overall, one of my favorite shows have come to an End!!!
  • it was pretty clever that they brought back eric after 10 minutes, didn\'t give a preview with him in it, and left him uncredited, because it made me wonder if they would bring him back.

This episode really made you wonder if you would hear from eric and then he appears, and that was one of the good things about this episode. Another plus had to be that randy was pretty absent from here. this episode would be perfect if they only brought back erics sister and finally say fez\'s name and country. but this episode really felt like one of the classic episode\'s and not one with stripper brides, unfunny fez, or randy.
  • I think this episode was decent in some ways and then pretty bad in others as far as a series finale.

I actually liked the episode to a current point but there could have been more for a series finale. Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher came back for the finale which was pretty good. I would have loved to see Eric and Donna actually do something besides kiss and talk like they use to. I thought it was very special for the last scene with the whole gang to be in a circle, just like the way the show first aired. Red and Kitty made the wise choice not to move to Florida and I wondered did Eric have to go back to Africa or was he home for good, they just left so many unanswered questions for the viewers.
  • Wonderful closing episode!

Well, in spite of the doom and gloom predictions, the finale was wonderful. I have to admit, when Kitty did her speech in the living room and then Donna and Eric kissed by the Vista Crusier, I kind of lost it!

My only thought now is thank god for re-runs on cable. Even though I did not find this last season satisfying, I will miss this show greatly.

I relate to this show in so many ways. I am from the prior generation, and I have so many memories attached to much of the music, the TV shows, the clothes, the games, and the movies, that were used in the series.

Watching this series was like looking back into my own life when life was simpler and a heck of a lot more fun!

As Bob Hope used to say "Thanks for the memories".

• Glad to see the circle together again.

They did a good job. Kelso slowly but surely blended back into the group and once Eric finally arrived there was a sort of nostalgia. Really makes you wish that Topher and Ashton had been there the whole season. I think the scenes in the last two episodes involving Randy were totally unnecessary and that Topher Grace deserved more screen time but other than that, a pretty satisfying finale. Every pointless scene was counterbalanced with one good one.

Seeing the footage of the gang from the beginning of the series singing in the car was really moving considering all the funny moments \'That 70\'s Show\' delivered to us and when Donna cried on Kitty\'s shoulder, you could sense those were actually Laura Prepon\'s tears.

I think we should all thank the creators and cast of \'That 70\'s Show.\' They\'ve been good friends to us.
  • I can honestly say that the end of an era occured here. I was happy about most things like Hyde talking about the car that runs on water and Eric ending up with Donna. Some things however angered me like where the hell is Fez from.

Well it was the finale of my favorite TV show on currently. It was just as I anticipated but they did leave out a couple things that would have helped. First of all they never said where Fez is from which dissapointed me. I also didn\'t like how Donna and Eric didn\'t say they were back together they just hugged and said I love you. Things I loved were that Kelso and Eric were back. Hyde mentioning the car that runs on water made me laugh. Kelso falling off the water tower one more time was fantastic. All in all it could have been alot worse and I did appreciate the ending with the gang singing just like the end of the first episode. Well the era is over time to find a new show but I will always have the seasons on DVD.
  • Seemed more like a season finale than a series finale....

There were some good things about this episode, and there were some so-so things.

Honestly, the best parts were Kelso's couple of scenes, and the car scene with Eric and Donna.

I also liked the last circle, and how it ended with them all counting down off camera.

I appreciated all the continuity, with Eric and Donna being on the hood of the Vista Cruiser, Kelso jumping off the water tower, and wearing the same outfit she had on in the pilot.

I didn't like Kitty's useless little drunken speech where she told everyone how much they meant to her, etc, etc. It just seemed kind of out of character for the entire show, and it was kind of sappy.

They disapointed me with pretty much all of the romantic relationships among the kids. First of all, they never cleared up Eric and Donna. Did they get back together, or not? Why did he break up with her while he was in Africa? Are they going to college together now, or what? Personally, I think that Eric and Donna's relationship was basically the main storyline for most of the show, and their ending didn't do them justice. I mean, don't you think the writers owed it to their loyal fans to at least let you know what happened? Eric and Donna deserved more air time, period.

They also never addressed Jackie and Hyde's relationship at all. I'm not saying they had to get back together or anything, I just think maybe a scene could have been dedicated to them maybe trying to work things out and go back to being friends again. You got to admit, ever since the whole Sam thing, their relationship never got any real closure.

I would have liked some sort of feeling of a real ending, too. The way they ended it kind of left me thinking there was going to be more, with everything being left in the air like it was. I guess I would have appreciated a brief synopsis of what happened to the gang maybe done by Kitty or Red. Kind of showing them all going off their own ways but still remaining friends.

All in all, I'd say it was slightly above average.

• That '70s show has come up with clever and innovative ways to portray teens in the '70s. Jakie, Hyde, Kelso, Fez, Donna, and Eric all were unique characters that make the audience laugh on a regular basis. However, the season finale is disappointing.

5.3
    That '70s show grabs you from the first episode on mainly because the show talks about angst, conflicts, love interests, and parental problems that all teens go through. Occasionally, the show would also stress issues that were going on in the '70s. The most important thing about the show is the characters all six of the main characters brought you to keep watching it. The season finale has a good premise its the end of the '70s and they are going to have a new years party. Eric returns from Africa and Kelso returns from Chicago, that was a good idea. When Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher leave the show I think a lot of the genuine spark of the show left but the remaining cast pulled through. No questions are answered in the season finale. I would think a show that celebrated Eric and Donna throughout the entire show would at least let the audience know whether or not they were going to get together in the end. Most season finales either pose questions that the characters may have for the future or lets you know what will be happening to the cast this season finale did not. I was very sad and almost could not watch the ending because I kept saying to myself, "This cannot be the end," but I was wrong.
  • This episode is the greatest, yet most hilarious episode to date. There are montages of famous scenes within this episode to make you remember why we all love this show!

I know most people might think this is not the best episode from the series. And I agree to a certain extent. But this finale is a symbol of what the 70\\\'s really meant! To party and live life to the fullest. Whether it\\\'s climbing water towers and drinking boos, to coming home to meet old friends for one last night. Since Eric and Kelso were absent for most of season 8, they reprise their roles better than ever in this episode from the series. I\\\'m not saying this could possibly be the best episode from the series, but it lives up to all the fan\\\'s expectations of what a real series finale should be all about. I give it a 10 out of 10! Long live the \\\'70s!
  • The best endings are the ones that don't tell you what happens next... Contains spoilers.

The ending was pretty simple... Yet, there was too much that still needed to be told. They had to cramp every second they could into this episode, (They even took out the begining theme song). I knew that somehow when it came down to the countdown, we would truly never actually see them IN the 80's. The countdown ends with Eric's basement. A truly deserving place for the last scene.
    Where was Laurie (The sister). In the first few seasons she was always gone, then in the 6th season they got a new actor.
    Since That 70's show is a Comedy show there was always jokes and punch lines in between serious moments. But when they do have serious moments they cause a great impact on us because they are not as common as the punch lines.
    The show credits end with the whole gang singing : "Hello It's Me" (1972) Todd Rundgren. (But they tried to sing it) That credit is rather ironic because it actually comes from the Pilot: That 70's Pilot.
< 1 2 3