That '70s Show

That '70s Finale

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 18, 2006 on FOX

• a very dissapointing final episode. the basic story line to have the gang get together for new years eve and say good bye to the 70s is great...however the rest of it fails miserably.

I really felt like the entire 8th season was forced. The fact that Ashton Kutcher was in several episodes softened the blow of this series jumping the shark...which I believe happened when they replaced Lori's character with another actress (a better solution would have been to just leave her out of the story line all together) and then they tried to fill the void of Kelso and Forman with the new Randy character...that just didn't work. Proof of this is that Randy's character is ignored at the end of the final episode...weird. The show just isn't the same without Topher Grace who wasn't in any of season 8's episodes...except for like the last few minutes of this final episode which was a major let down. The closure for Eric and Donna really isn't there, I think it would have been fine either way if they decided to be together or not but it should have been clear one way or the other because its the final episode. Fez and Jackie's relationship wasn't developed well enough for me to accept it, frankly its bizarre that she had relationships with 3 of the 4 main guys. And I thought Ashton Kutcher as Kelso in this episode was a little off...like he forgot how to play the character or something, just not quite on the mark there. Its only noticeable because he is usually brilliant in this role. Sigh...what a shame. This show used to be really awesome. I doubt anyone will buy the final season on DVD cause it totally sucks.
NICJR