That '70s Show

The Battle of Evermore (a.k.a. Pioneer Days)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 2003 on FOX

• Leo's gone to a better place... out of Wisconsin!

Leo was one of my favourite characters on That 70s Show and it’s a shame that he isn’t in any more episodes but his farewell was classic, as is the rest of this episode, Fez simply opening the door, Red and Eric temporarily bonding until Red teaches his son a moral that even he didn’t understand, and Kitty getting drunk and supporting Donna.

The disturbing rival family was incredibly funny in both a pathetic and crazy way, and the competitions were also quite entertaining, like the wood chopping and cow milking. Overall, this episode is hilarious, and this review is dedicated to the character of Leo – we all love that old dirty hippy, and all his insanity.
  • Leos gone!

7.8
    Eric and Red are still not too happy with each other with the things that have been going on, so Kitty signs them up for some father and son jamboree thing where bob dresses up as Paul Bunyan, Kitty gets drunk and Donna wants to work on the marraige to eric after seeing him handle that cow. And they END UP LOSING. also, leo goes missing and the stuff in photohut goes missing, except for a sign with leos picture that says "employee of the month, man!". It turns out that leo left point place to go back to his wife and family. great episode, but it could have been better.
  • The legacy of Mitch is born...

7.4
    I marked this "Not my favorite storyline" because a game in the pioneer days with the whole bunyun crap, it was really boring. Just for that I would of rated it a 4 but other things intrigued me in this episode. First of all a legendary guest star is introduced, Seth Green (Mitch)! I also love the B plot in which Hyde, Jackie, Kelso & Fez look for Leo & "film". It's so nice to see Hyde cares about someone like family & it's a dirty old hippie in Jackie's words. I love how Kitty accepted the marriage towards the end, it showed some hope.
  • pioneer days

Fred Willard and Seth Green guest starring in this episode? It does not get much better than that. For a show that really did not utilize guest stars much during its run (outside of the dreadful eighth season) they brought in two great counterparts to the team of Red and Eric. These Eric and Red relationship-centric episodes are usually the formula for success and this was no different.

Tommy Chong really helped this show grow with his name value and his timeless weed humor so it was sad to see him go. Unfortunately, when he returned the show was already beyond saving.
  • NOOOO... Leo is gone

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "That 70s Show". The only thing I didn't like was that Red was mean to Eric in the beginning of the episode. Red and Eric have been arguing with each other and Kitty is sick of them fighting so Kitty signs both of them up at some pioneer competition in order for Red and Eric to bond. The subplot was when Hyde, Kelso, Fez, and Jackie were wondering where Leo left off and found out that he is gone without even telling Hyde good-bye. I love Tommy Chong as Leo and he always cracks me up but I'm so sad that Leo is gone. Unfortunately, he does return in the later episodes of "That 70s Show" so this isn't Leo's last time on the show (thank goodness). Fred Willard and Seth Green guest starring in this episode was absolutely hilarious and it couldn't get any better than those two bringing a ton of laughs. Fred Willard is Charlie (the father) and Seth Green is Mitch (the son). Eric knowing to milk a cow was hilarious. The last challenge was pulling the wagon was hilarious. It was funny when Hyde, Kelso, Fez, and Jackie broke into Leo's apartment and Leo' cousin Eli gave Hyde a letter from Leo that tells Hyde goodbye plus a film. Overall, an excellent episode of "That 70s Show"... also, I would've been disappointed if this was Leo's last time but thanks goodness he returns in the later episodes. 9.5/10
MNT