That '70s Show

The Best Christmas Ever

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 13, 1998 on FOX

• Hilarious-I wish I could have gone to that party.

The best part of the episode was Kelso jumping over the couch and nearly upsetting the punch bowl to get to Laurie. Sorry for Hyde,though.
  • Christmas Review #52

Red gives Eric 40 bucks to buy a Christmas tree and says that he can keep the change for his party. So Eric, Hyde and Kelso cut down a tree off the interstate and keep the money. They spend the money on beer and Kelso buys Jackie a Christmas present. Laurie spikes the punch with rum and Jackie's friend's are all attracted to Fez all of the sudden. Red has to work on Christmas Eve and not long after he gets home cops show up at his door telling him that his Christmas tree was illegally obtained and that they have to confiscate it. Also Hyde has a thing for Donna. I thought that this was an excellent Christmas episode of "That 70s Show". It was a hilarious episode all the way through and the storyline was written very well. Red giving Eric 40 bucks to buy a Christmas tree but Eric using it to buy beer instead was funny. Fez was hilarious and the girls being around him because they drank the punch spiked by Laurie was funny. It was also funny and nice when Red and Kelso were playing video games at the store. More parts made me laugh as well but I can't think of anymore at this time. Overall, an excellent Christmas episode of "That 70s Show". 10/10
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show that 70s show its christmas time around in the 70s and erik wants to know if he can have a party and his father says yes and he wants money so his father give him 40 bucks to go cut down a tree and keep the rest for the party thing is erik goes and cuts one down from the interstate and keeps the money for bear and kelso is tring to find a gift for jackie and he comes in when red is running the store and he plays pong and buys a gift and then the cops come an they take the tree and then red comes down to the basement and sees the girls are drunk and he tastes the punch and its filled with vodka and then sends everyone home this was a good ep
  • Red gives Eric forty bucks. He is to use it to buy a Christmas tree, and use the leftovers for a party he's throwing in the basement. But if the gang illegally cuts down a tree, then there'll be more money for beer!

The title is being sarcastic, of course, because nothing that happens to any character on That '70s Show will ever be remembered as their "best" anything. So Eric gets permission to throw a party in the basement, with any leftover money from the Christmas tree he is told to get. Well, he's got permission; That's one good thing, at least. But then Hyde suggests they illegally cut down a tree from the side of the Interstate, to have more money for beer. That's a great plan. I don't why it's illegal. Is the evergreen tree the state tree of Wisconsin? I don't think so.. It's the sugar maple! Anyways, apparently the beer and the gifts don't cost that much. Once the party's ready, Kelso still has $17 leftover. But he forgets to buy Jackie a present. Oh crap! So he rushes on over to Bargain Bob's, the only open place in town. (Red was assigned to keep the store open on Christmas Eve) Kelso gets distracted when he and Red start playing the good ol' classic pong video game. Kelso keeps playing although he keeps losing; He eventually buys the video game, and some hair curlers for Jackie. He gives them to her at the right time, when she and three other girls are drunk, after drinking some punch Laurie secretly put vodka in. I'm assuming, though, that she would of liked them even if she wasn't drunk. Anyway, the drunk girls were giving a lot of attention to Fez; But he was sad when two state troopers arrived to the scene, and conviscated the Christmas tree, because Red demanded Jackie and the other three girls to go home. Meanwhile, we've recently realized that Hyde also has a thing for Donna. So he and Eric somewhat compete to get her the best gift. Eric thinks he got Donna the best gift: White Shoulders, Donna's favorite perfume. But Hyde gets Donna something more memorable: a frame picture of him and Donna in the fifth grade; more specifically, a picture in which Donna was wearing a shirt in which you could see her training bra. She kisses both on the cheeks twice, gives them their gifts, and leaves. The scene ends there, and the episode is over. The Best Christmas Ever certainly wouldn't be my best Christmas ever if I was someone, like, Eric - although the kisses to and from Donna would certainly help towards the cause. Hyde likes Donna; we all know that now. It's kind of funny how this just started up all of a sudden, with That Disco Episode. But for this episode, anyways, was a great one; An overall great and hilarious episode representing Christmas of 1976.
  • A Christmas special!

This was an amazing episode with a lot of developing plots. It all starts out with Christmas party & 40 bucks. I love how Hyde still is after Donna, I would love them to go out sometime after seeing this episode. I love when the police are trying to take away the tree, Kitty is hysterical, I hate Bernice, I hope she dies. Anyways I like how Fez is popular just cause Laurie spiked the punch. Laurie is in this episode yay! I like seeing her in the show. And Kelso & Red bond, it is a Christmas miracle. A great Christmas episode, with a possible cliffhanger.
  • This episode of that 70's show was the first time the series had a Xmas episode. This episode was about the 70's gang chilling at a party. The gang gives everyone else presents during the episode. Fez gets three hot girls drunk and uses them.

I liked this episode alot because it involved people getting drunk with out even knowing it. You had the alcohol party upstairs and the alcohol party downstairs. Then you had Hyde and Eric fighting over Donna's heart. Its a rollercoaster effect during the episdoe who Donna likes more. The love story was very well written. Then you have Kitty trying to have the best Christmas party ever only to be ruined by cops. Then everyone loved it when Fez seduce the three hot pep squad girls. But the whole party gets ruined when Red stops it because the gang stole a Xmas tree. At the end it seems like Donna likes Eric more than Hyde since she gives Eric a better gift.
  • Red gives Eric 40 bucks to buy a Christmas tree and says that he can keep the change for his party. So Eric, Hyde and Kelso cut down a tree off the interstate and keep the money.

One of the greatest moments of the show. When kelso jumps over the couch and run into the table, i laughed so hard i started crying. I can't believe they could just keep going after something like that. Laurie loses it, but micheal just keeps right on going with the scene. That is the sign of a great actor right there. The episode over all is pretty good. I love the part when red and kelso are at the store playing pong, its so easy for red to convince kelso to play one more game. All he has to do is say "come on". Classic Kelso.
  • Merry That '70s Christmas!

It is Christmas of 1976 in Point Place, Wisconsin and the Forman's are celebrating as usual. Eric asks if he can throw his own party, and Red agrees. Eric asks for money and Red asks Eric to go buy a tree with $40. Whatever's left will be the money Eric gets for the party. Eric decides to steal a tree since it is nearly impossible to get a tree for $40. The cops find out sooner or later and confiscate the tree. Red catched the kids with beer and it becomes quite obvious that Hyde really like Donna. Hyde gets her a sentimental gift while Eric gets her perfume.
  • Red gives Eric 40 bucks to buy a Christmas tree. So Eric, Hyde and Kelso cut down a tree off the interstate and keep the money. Red gets home to cops show up at his door telling him that his Christmas tree was illegally obtained.

• One of the best season one episodes

This episode has got to be one of the most memorable episodes in season one and all the storylines being completely hilarious, especially the Red-Kelso plot and the end being perfect. Drunk Jackie was hilarious as was everybody knowing who Hyde was buying the present for.

The end was a good way to finish the episode as Hyde's true feelings finally come out.

Chopping down the tree was hilarious, as I've said throughout the review on every other scene...oh well!

Overall, there is not one thing I would change out of this episode because all of the plots merging into one was a brilliant idea and this christmas episode is very memorable indeed.
  • The first 70's christmas!

Christmas episodes for this show usually provide alot of character development and great storylines, much like the thanksgiving episodes of Friends, and this was no exception.

Between the gang trying to cut down a christmas tree to Laurie spiking the punch resulting in a hilarious drunk girl Fez dogpile to Kelso and Red playing video games to Jackie's drunken outburst of Hyde liking Donna to the eventual conclusion where it all blows up in their faces is great stuff.

The highlight of the show had to be "Drunk Jackie" who stole the show in hilarious fashion; she would continue this trend as Stoned Jackie later in season 2. "Stoned/Drunk Jackie" is always a scene stealer, which is a shame they didn't play on it more often.

This would have been the episode of the season if episode 21 never aired. Awesome holiday episode.