That '70s Show

The Kids Are Alright

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 29, 2003 on FOX

• Season 6 Premiere

6.2
    After the amazing season finale last season, this premiere was sort of a disappointment. The aftermath of Red's heart attack. He has to give up bacon. That was a classic scene: "Mmm, Bacon" *With an accent* Jackie chooses Hyde instead of Kelso, only to find out Hyde wasn't waiting for an answer, since he is already dating someone else. By the end, she is set on trying to get him back. The "Grease" dream was entertaining but kind of random. The emotional part of this episode would have to be Eric still planning to leave to college with Donna, while Kitty is working double shifts to help out Red. Eric realizes he needs to stay, which is an emotional scene between Eric & Donna, since Donna is still set on leaving. The downside of this episode would definitely have to be Lisa Robin Kelly's replacement as Laurie. Christina Moore replaced LRK, and she is so annoying. Last season, Laurie seemed to have redeemed herself, now she's back to her old slutty ways? It makes no sense! I didn't laugh at one scene in which Kelso had to get sent to the hospital because he was allergic to eggs. His head getting swollen wasn't that funny in my opinion and it was completely unrelated to the other things that we're going on. Lastly, overall this episode had it's ups and downs. A season premiere shouldn't have that. It should keep you enticed so you can stick around for the rest of the season. Those are just my two cents on the matter. Fair episode.
MNT