That '70s Show

Time Is On My Side

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 08, 2004 on FOX

• season 7 starts

After eric bails on donna that the wedding after the episode 2 things happen first Midge returns to be with Donna and to get bob back and to think 2 hot women are fighting over a guy like bob and we learn that Bud is not Hydes real dad. in this episode Donna because a blonde and Eric must have a plan for Red or else no fried Chicken and then the gang tried to look for a ring so eric can cash it in and it so funny when eric ate a mix of cheetos and pee mix together Eric ate peetos ROfl

The seventh season premiere and this is when the show really started to go downhill. Laura Prepon dyed her hair blonde to look less manly, but it really did not do much. Fez talks with some weird voice for some reason, and Jackie is just downright terrible.

They abused the water tower storyline too, one of the better and more sacred things about this show.

This show went from a cult hit to something just really boring and uneventful. What does this have to do with the 1970's?

In just a year this show went from good to really boring and not even worth watching.
  • I expected better from That 70's Show...

5.5
    I think personally this episode totally bombed! I really didn't like how the writers took direction in the seventh season. First of all, Eric taking the year off is completely pointless plus the whole thing with Donna & Eric "hanging out" was also pointless. There was no development after the season 6 finale whatsoever. I think the most productive thing that happened is Bob chose Midge. Also I didn't like how this episode had nor Red & Kitty plot, it totally bites. The plot within the horribleness is Eric selling the engagement ring which is quite interesting so that's why I'm giving it a 5.5.
  • More of what happened after the Season Finale of Season 6.

Eric has returned from his escape, and Red's angry as heck (of course, he's always angry). When Eric goes back to the Pinciotties to aplogize to Donna, she then denizes marrige, sets herself into feminisim, and, finally, she dyes her hair blond, which I had no idea why. No one does, actually When Eric asks where's the ring, Donna says she left it out of the lighthouse.

Enter Officer Mike Kelso, who volenteers to help. But all it goes is balony. :)

Overally, the characters are all flaude (not Donna. She's cool, but why dye herself blond out of the blue?) The storyline is what ahppenes when Eric refuses marrigge. And the humor is spot on. Overall, it's pretty amazing. I recommened watching this.
  • Season 7 begins!

A great start to the seventh season, the lighter comedy comes back into the show after the serious end of the sixth season, and all the characters are as funny as ever.

Eric's decision to do nothing all year is an interesting choice and really shapes Eric's laziness, along with Eric and Donna going back to casual, since it's not likely for anything else to happen between them. Donna's blondeness opens up some great jokes as well, and the plot is a pretty good one to set off the year's events.

Bob's plot between two women was a great one, since he's the least likely to juggle women, or get one for that matter.

One part that didn't make much sense was forgetting Hyde's mysterious father whom he should have met, though since it's a week later, anything could have happened.
    Overall, the episode has everything a 70s show episode needs to be funny, whether it's a water tower joke, Kelso hitting on anything that moves, with a new hair colour in this case, Fez's candy obsession… the only thing missing was a circle scene, but you can't have everything.

All in all, the episode had several good storylines and some hilarious moments, but isn't all that memorable.
  • Donna goes blonde and Eric eats Pee-tos.

The season starts off with a bang as Donna gets a new look with her new blonde locks (which look great on her, BTW) and Eric decides to take a year off to goof around and do what he wants to do.

While looking for the engagement ring to help fund his plan, she reveals that she threw it off the water tower, so they set out to find it, where Fez snacks on M&M's and Eric eats chee-tos that are potential pee-tos. Kelso delivers the line of the show with "oh crap I just threw my keys into the woods" and Eric falls off the water tower in hilarious fashion that tops any of Kelso's falls.

Red decides to keep Eric from food until he gives him a plan on what he intends to do with his life, so he tells him "nothing" and scarfs down KFC.

Great opener.