That '70s Show

Too Old to Trick or Treat, Too Young to Die

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 31, 2000 on FOX

• Halloween Review #11

A Halloween episode filled with parodies of Alfred Hitchcock movies: "Rear Window", "Vertigo", "The Birds", "North By Northwest" and "Psycho". While this isn't the best Halloween episode I've ever seen. It was very interesting to see a Halloween episode with all of Alfred Hitchcock's movies. The movie I'm most familiar with that they did a parody of was definitely "Psycho". Like the shower scene, that was a parody of "Psycho" and it was very interesting. I didn't really laugh a whole lot watching this episode. This episode did get a little boring in my opinion. The running gag with Eric or anyone else spinning was getting tiring as well. While I didn't laugh a whole lot, there were some good jokes such as Fez in his woman costume at the beginning of the episode, Eric chasing after Fez (who has Eric's super bouncy ball), Hyde and Fez peeking through the window to see naked Mitch and then they think that Bob is the killer, and Bob explaining everything towards the end of the episode. Overall, a superb Halloween episode of "That 70s Show" that is full of parodies of director Alfred Hitchcock's movies. 9/10

• I see that some people didn't like this episode much, but I guess the reason why I did was because I understood all of the references!

This episode is one of my favorites. When I found out that That 70s Show made an episode about a few of the greatest suspense movies of all time I knew I would love it! Even if the episode wasn't that suspenseful, it's still nice that the writers gave a little shout out to Alfred Hitchcock, my favorite director. I felt all the scenes fit well together; The only reason some people didn't care for this episode had to be because they didn't understand it! The advice I would give these viewers definitely would be to rent Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, North by Northwest and The Birds. Not only will you finally understand this fantastic episode, you will also see the suspense movies that made history as being the first real, decent horror movies as well as some of the best movies of all time.
  • Um..

7.3
    I think this episode just tried too hard for laughs-

A Halloween episode filled with parodies of Alfred Hitchcock movies: "Rear Window", "Vertigo", "The Birds", "North By Northwest" and "Psycho". The result, was not a good episode. The gang watched a Hitchcock Halloween movie TV marathon, and their life becomes like a Hitchcock movie. . . . Snooze. Fez and Hyde think that Bob killed Midge and is trying to hide it. Fez falls off of the Forman roof. This episode was really silly, I didn't like it much. Danny Masterson (Hyde) 's brother was not a very good actor, he didn't really contribute to the episode.

7.3
  • It's a Halloween to remember, or not to remember, for a lot of the cast of That '70s Show.

7.9
    Here's one of those episodes that really has nothing to do with the rest of the series, like most holiday-themed episodes in not just this series, but most drama television shows out there. It was still pretty good, though. It starts out with Eric chasing Fez after he has stolen his super ball in his own Halloween women's clothes. He goes up on the roof and Eric follows him. They both lose their footing, which presents a life-or-death situation for Eric. He finds himself dangling from the gutter of the roof while Fez goes down immediately: trying to fly. He lands himself in a wheelchair with a sprained leg or something of the sort. While it seems like Fez got the short end of the stick here, Eric is tramautized after the accident and keeps fainting in the arms of Hyde in this episode. Turns out that Eric tries to conquer his fear although he doesn't want to. Donna leads him up to the top of the water tower trying to make him think that she's exciting. (This is after a comment in the beginning of the episode that Eric doubts he and Donna can do anything fun; Donna thinks he's talking about sexually, while Eric tries to make her believe that he was talking about in general in the town of Point Place, which he really is trying to say) He gets scared and nearly falls off the water tower until Donna saves his life and pulls him back aboard, but then he trips again trying to get over the railing and this time, really goes down hard. This is unrealistic. If the water tower was even at only ten feet tall, Eric landed straight on his back. Although this is my favorite show, I still have to admit they are kind of bad treating the injuries suffered my the characters. Meanwhile, the other gang have some crazy adventures in the episode, too. Fez is spying inside the house of the Pinciotti's. He hopes to see Midge undressing in the window, but gets suspicious when Bob is pulling a heavy sack of garbage, has blood on his apron, and is carrying a large knife. He comes to the conclusion of thinking Bob killed Midge. Hyde falls for it, too, and he goes over to investigate, while Fez watches through the window, still disabled. Bob finds out and comes over to the Formans' house and explains the whole situation. Meanwhile, Kitty tries to feed a bunch of birds while a friend is out of town, and gets scared by them, so she sends Laurie out there, who gets scared, too. Kelso has some misfortunes with the Formans' paper boy. The Formans have refused to pay the paper boy and Kelso gets mistaken for a Forman, so the paper boy finally takes down Kelso and steals the money for the bill from his wallet. So, obviously it was an eventful, and forgettable Halloween.
  • Oh, man! Parodies are pretty sweet!

There is a bit I can say about this story: it's a parody. A parody, none the less. And, while I'm not fond of this, I still like it, being the sake of a Halloween spirited story.

How this story is is that they split up into 4 separate storylines. That's fine with me, But I think that's a bit of hassel around.

The stories are ment into style;
    Kelso is mistaken as a Forman, and wants some little kid to say so
    Kitty tries feeding some birds, when it was all a dream
    Hyde and Fez takes a peak to the Pinciotties, and are frightened when Midge is SUPPOSIDLY killed by Bob.
    And Eric is really afriad.

Although we know the effects are lame, you gotta give credit. This was going to be the last halloween in Point Place, and it ended with a bang that satisfies and wrenched the tounge out into an intresting taste.
  • They should really have a tag up there for "Holiday Episode"

This episode was amazingly funny how they make parodies of Alfred Hitchcock movies, cause I've seen most of them & it's hilarious how they mimic them. My favorite part is when Kitty finds a phone booth in the middle of the living room, "Gosh, that's lucky" and the bids attack the booth. Also with the paper boy, amazing. I didn't quite get the Donna/Eric storyline, she had to put on a wig to prove she's not boring. And Eric falls off the water tower! Okay also when Laurie got pooped on, plus I love how their all spinning, that was a running gag.
  • A very special Halloween episode.

This episode contains parodies from Alfred Hitchcock films. I loved it. It was very funny, but Fez's halloween dress was creepy. haha. I loved the scenes with the crows and the shower scene and I also loved how Hyde and Fez were spying on Midge and suspected Bob of cutting her up and stuffing her in a bag. The water tower scene with Eric and Donna was so funny when Donna lifted him off of the tower while he was dangling. This was a very special episode and it was the only episode that did not have an audience watching. They used laugh tracks for this episode.
  • A Halloween episode filled with parodies of Alfred Hitchcock movies: "Rear Window", "Vertigo", "The Birds", "North By Northwest" and "Psycho".

A Halloween episode filled with parodies of Alfred Hitchcock movies: "Rear Window", "Vertigo", "The Birds", "North By Northwest" and "Psycho". this episode was actually completely crazy with all the characters..eric runs after his stupid ball and fez falls off the roof in the midst of being chased...laurie and kitty are afraid to go to the neighbors because of their birds and the birds are everywhere..eric does break his leg..fez dresses in drag and looks absolutely hilarious...red is crazy and kind of like what the heck are y'all upset about...kelso deals with the paper boy thinking he is a forman who never pays their paper boy..hyde and fez think bob killed midge..it is crazy, but crazy funny
  • Halloween!

The creepy music opening credits was a cool way to start this episode along with all the Hitchcock parodies I’ve never seen the movies of and the terrific plots.

Donna thinking that Eric thought she was boring was a good plot with great scenes but it wasn’t the best of the three main plots.

My favourite would have to be Hyde and Fez thinking that Bob killed naked Midge which had great lines such as the garbage bag being filled with garbage and Hyde mooning Fez.

The Birds parody with Kitty was okay but also not as good as Kelso and the paperboy.

From the scene with Eric and his ball at the start to Donna’s fear of sex at the end, this episode is guaranteed to make anyone laugh.
  • An interesting episode.

This is a great episode, though unusual. You see, this episode was not shot in front of an audience. If you've sen this episode, you'll understand why. Kelso was especially funny in this episode. And did you know Danny Masterson's little brother plays the paperboy in this episode? He sure was funny in it.

Hyde and Fez were so funny in this episode. They work so well together. A real good team. I'm glad they decided not to leave the show. Anyways, this episode is also hard to find on TV. But you can buy the third season and get this episode. So I recommend it.
MNT