That '70s Show

Who Needs You

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 19, 2006 on FOX

• 2 good plots, one bad one.

6.8
    This was an okay episode. The good things about this episode and the bad things about this episode were around the same number. A large focus of the plot was on Fez and Jackie. And these scenes took place in their apartment with no interaction with any of the other cast members involved. This showed that the characters had grown up imensely since the pilot and somewhat justified Eric and Kelso's departure. I also liked how the running gag of the split screen conversations came back and how the license plate had the date on it again. Fenton's return also made the episode worth watching. However, there were a number of bad plots and jokes in this episode. For one, Santa Clause appearing in Donna's dream was the biggest WTF moment of the new year. And Randy is becoming very ennoying. His jokes are unfunny (a joke about a british boy stuck in an elevator was particularly bad) and him getting his own cut scene pissed me off. Since Randy was in a large portion of the episode, spending most of his time hitting on Donna, I've taken 3.2 points off the overrall score. If this episode had avoided the Donna at Grooves records subplot and just had the Fez/Jackie/Fenton plot and the Hyde and stripper wife/Red and Kitty plot, the episode would have been better.