That '70s Show

Young Man Blues

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2004 on FOX

6.7
    Did anyone else find Jackie's "little sister" unbearable to watch? This episode as a bit slow paced as a whole. Jackie joins the little sister program in which she mentors a child. Collette, Jackie's little sister in the program is incredibly annoying in my opinion. It was as if all the laughing in the background was forced, every time Collete said something insulting. Jackie is terrible at being a big sister, which made the plot likable. "Cheer up or you're not getting lunch!" All of Jackie's misguided advice was hilarious. Bob makes a domestic disturbance call to the police when Fez & Laurie can't manage to stop arguing. Which brings in Kelso's plot. Kelso is a cop-in-training now, and he's officer let him borrow his cop car. Kelso takes away Fez's frog, and it gets killed in the process. Fez holds the grudge throughout the whole episode. That was annoying. Hyde & Steven steal Kelso's cop car, Donna loses Collete after taking her away from Jackie to prove that she is a better big sister. Eric tries to fix things around the house, due to Red's heart attack. Red doesn't believe he can fix anything. Eric tries to prove that Red didn't fail with him by fixing the lawn mower. At this point, all the plots tie in, which boosted the rating of this episode way up. Kelso almost gets away with taking the officer's car when we find out he stole it, but then Collete turns out to be in the backseat, Kelso runs over Eric's fixed lawn mower, then Kitty & Red don't believe he fixed it. It was a nice tie in, but overall this episode was forgettable and didn't stand out at all. Did anything really happen in this episode? Really? So that's my two cents on this episode. A weak episode, with a show saving tie in.
  • *snore*.....

7.4
    This was an okay episode, I guess . . . . It definitely had its share of flaws *cough cough cough Little Jackie cough cough cough*. Ha ha ha.... Kelso gets to ride in a cop car. Fez and Laurie fight about Laurie having sex with almost everyone in town EXCEPT Fez, her husband. Kelso and his police chief get caught up in the fighting while they're out riding because Bob reports the disturbance, he couldn't hear his TV program. Jackie signs up for a little sister program and 'adopts' a little sister, Little Jackie, but a sister proves to be a huge handful.
  • Kelso starts his cadet training

Kelso as a cop cadet is hilarious, this plot being the best so far in season six, with Kelso nicking the police car, then Hyde and Fez stealing it off him, aswell as his idiotic moments that he is known for. Eric trying to be a handyman and actually succeeding was a great way to tie the two plots together, and for Red to slightly be proud of his son but at the same time demean his skills and say he failed with Eric.

Little Jackie wasn’t that good of a plot but the story had its moments, especially the ending that really screws Kelso over. Overall, this whole episode is great whether it’s the domestic disturbance call, Fez’s frog, the walkie talkie or the lawnmower, this episode is bound to make anyone laugh.
  • Big Sister program, eh? How come we don't have those in Canada? I would love to be a Big Sister! And of course, I won't be like Jackie, haha!

That little girl is also a red head, isn't she? I was wondering if that was why she got along better with Donna. I felt very bad for Fez's frog. Was that Laurie that he was fighting with? Did they change the cast or something? It was a totally different actress that played Laurie in this episode, right? I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I think she was a different person. Anyhow, Kelso was hilarious as usual. Was Eric really playing with dolls when he was 10? Hahaha! My favourite line of this episode was said by Jackie to that little girl, "Pretty girls get geeky boys to do homework for them." Haha! How come I never thought of that? Jackie was very precious.