That Girl (1966)

ABC (ended 1971)

CaptainMidnight

That Girl (1966) Fan Reviews (7)

• That Girl Rap - a song dedicated to actress Marlo Thomas, whom without there would be no That Girl

That Girl is my favorite sitcom of all time. And I wrote this song to convey what I think of it. Comments are welcome.

That Girl Rap

I was watching my TV without any light,

in 1967 one January night

When I saw a girl who was flying a kite,

on an old sitcom from way back then,

Sometimes she'll come around again

She's That Girl,

She's a hot girl

I remember it well way back in the day,

when That Girl came around the way

Through outside antennas on a cold winter night,

it's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's a kite

It's That Girl,

She's number one on a five year run,

and another sitcom has to make room for That Girl

She's like that, she's That Girl,

That Girl had class and 60's style,

That Girl's been gone for awhile

She was back one night in '98,

I had to be home, I couldn't stay out late,

Because I had a date with That Girl

It was getting late so I had to run,

when I got back I turned the TV on,

There she was in living color, That Girl

I looked at her and she was really hot,

then the TV started smokin' and the picture tube shot

Still don't know what happened to this very day,

just before that everything was okay

Still don't know what happened, believe it or not,

all I can say is she was just too hot

When I checked it out, it didn't look too good,

my TV wasn't working and I didn't think it would

I tried it again, I gave it a whirl,

then I knew that I would miss That Girl

She's That Girl,

That's right, she's That Girl, she's on the scene,

burnin' all the dust off your TV screen

She's That Girl and it's hard to find,

another one like her, she's one of a kind

That Girl

on an old sitcom from back in the day,

She's better than anyone around today

That Girl

W. K. Osborn

Bolingbrook, IL

March 2009

This song is dedicated to actress Marlo Thomas,

whom without there would be no That Girl

W. K. Osborn. All rights reserved, 3 years ago
  • Love the fashion!

I am 40 yrs of age and I never seen this show as a kid. One day, when i was about 33, i ran across this show on a cable channel and the clothes she wore were so cute, adorable and trendy, I was HOOKED! I love Ann's personality as well but they kept her looking fashion forward and I look forward to seeing the styles come back soon!
  • aspiring actress Ann Marie[as played by Miss Thomas] travels alone to the Big Apple in the hope of finding a rewarding career in theater and film

My favorite series of all time!Once you watch it and Ann Marie gets you in her clutches she has you forever-I happened to watch it first run from '66 thru'71-- After the first episode,Marlo Thomas as "That Girl" became a TV fixture for me.Never has there been a lovelier,classier,more charismatically charming leading lady on comedy television-Ted Bessell was the perfect leading man for her as boyfriend Don Hollinger-Ted played his character with warmth depth thoughfulness and sensitivity. Miss Thomas and Mr Bessell were truly a perfectly cast couple!The supporting cast was outstanding and the stories were different enough each week[except for the occasional 2 parters] that the show stayed fresh thru 5 seasons.The theme song is classic,the clothes were stylish & elegant,and the acting and writing was first rate- In a time of so many great network shows,this comedy held its own. 10 stars!
  • I love this show

This show was on well before I was born but I love it. Its funny. Ann is always getting her self in crazy messes, while Donald is so level headed. Anns dad is every girls dad and always mess understand things. I just watch the 2 season and It was great. I am ready for the other 3 season to come out. when me girls grow up I hope they enjoy That girl as much as I do. It is a clean show with lots of laughs. A great one to watch it the pant one where Dons pants get left at Anns and his mom finds them I laughed so much.
  • Fabulous and witty, "That Girl" is a show all girls should see before they grow up and go off into the world. Marlo Thomas portrays one aspect of a Liberated young woman, without degrading femininity or compromising comfort. She opened peoples'

"That Girl" was one of those shows I had heard about, but never got to see for myself. My mother loved it as teen, on re-runs in the 70's, and other adults praise it as one the important classics of T.V. history. Thanks to TV-Land, this 17-year-old got a chance to see and be mesmerized by this charming pre-quel to Women's Liberation. Ann Marie conveys the difficult challenge for young women to manage their life and dreams in a man's world. Not trying to be isolated by her independence she capitalizes on her friendships; she's not dependent, but rather loving and understanding of the importance of having support aswell as giving support herself. This show showed the possibility of harmony between men and women, change and peace, freedom and fun. erhaps the show is a fantasy, but I think it is more of a dream Ann Marie and we could make a reality.
  • That Girl starring Marlo Thomas was a classic television show in the sixties that paved the way for the Mary Tyler Moore Show years later.

I was ten years old when That Girl aired on tv. I am a bit confused how a television show can last five years yet the television show never cracked the Nielsen top thirty charts. I remember begging my Father to take me to see the Marlo Thomas movie \\\"Jenny\\\". I didn\\\'t even understand that movie and my Father had to explain it to me on the way home. Does anyone know if they are showing any of the repeats from That Girl on television today? I tried checking nick at nite and have never seen it. It was a simpler time back then and would love to be able to see it again.
  • One of my guilty pleasures

One could not help but watch this show every week to see what trouble Anne Marie would get into. This is one of the shows that todays sitcoms should be modeled after. The acting superb, writing was good, and the sets and scenery were always excellent. It provided us a great amount of enjoyment. and to think it lasted so long in rereuns afterwards. One cannot but hope it is shown agian so we can all enjoy the show. Always had a thing for Marlo Thomas as well.. oh well all we can do is sigh and watch that beautiful young girl on the show.