A The 100 Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning 2016)

So, in an epiphany last night I found the key to making The 100 more interesting to watch and far more appealing in the long run. We all know that merely tantalizing the audience with the allure of teenage lust will soon fall flat. We all know that too many love triangles and quadrangles will turn the series into a boring Nottingham Forrest version of the CW's other silly shows. Instead-- I say GO HARDCORE THE OPPOSITE WAY! VIOLENCE!

Sure, you're saying who will believe that such pretty faces would be stone cold killers? Who cares--- I mean do we believe anything on the CW? No. But I think if The 100 hundred doesn't want to turn into a sucktastic Pocahontas rip off that looks like a bunch of 20 somethings pretending to be 15 again-- than continue by all means on the route you are going. Or say screw it-- screw the source material (a dubious source at that) and just say as Accept did in the 1980's.

Balls to the Walls and let's get to the good part. THE VIOLENCE WILL SUSTAIN YOU!

Now, of course I would say go with tanks given my affinity for the armored behemoths-- so last night I found some acceptable video and cut together a little thing with Carl Orff's Carmina Burana and think you can see where I would bring the series:

Fortuna Imperatix Mendi I -- fortune can be a cruel mistress!

Think about it-- they find a cash of old tanks, start to make bio-diesel and it is How The Wast Was Won-- with hotties!

It could be epic to drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their women. Or so that is what Conan said!

[ I'm not excluding increased nudity on the parts of cast members-- I'm just not as hopeful that nudity will occur on the CW-- Just being a realist! Maybe God Willing This Time Next Year The FCC Will Be Found Unconstitutional And Freedom Of Speech Will Be Fully Extended To Network Television-- Who knows Right???]
Comments (17)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Ready for some of that Good Ol' Ultra Violence?

Tonight we get Biological warfare and no fun with the droogs.

Flag
Senseless killing might work, but only if it's done "Spartacus" style, with a decent background story that makes you feel the fight is just retribuition.

Alternatively, the show could have gone the "Lost" direction, with mystery, exploration and adventure. Perhaps a mix of both could also work, but as it is, it's just a missed opportunity.
Flag
Lost was total crap. I'm not talking senseless violence... I'm talking about WAR!
Flag
I agree. More violence, more death and much less love triangle and teen stupidity. This show is good, it can get much better, with some exploration to discover the new world.
Flag
Well, I think love triangles are fine-- just as long as they end with copious amount of killing- aka Kill Bill vols. 1 and 2 style amount not style.

I don't think she show is good. I think it is pretty much the same stuff that every CW show is written for-- teenage appeal.
Flag
We all know that too many love triangles and quadrangles will turn the series into a boring Nottingham Forrest version of the CW's other silly shows. Instead-- I say GO HARDCORE THE OPPOSITE WAY! VIOLENCE!
A-fucking-men! Over the course of the last four episodes I really enjoyed the arc-storyline more than the "grounded teenagers playing Robin Hood"-storyline. In fact, I suffered through that, no joy at all (the actresses are cute, but yeah, super, a CW show with cute young actresses/actors, how refreshing...). It's a shame the concept didn't end up with cable but maybe it is salvageable.
Also cool clips you chose so far, including your previous posts.
Flag
I usually hate japanese anima but this Girl Und Panzer is in line with my thinking of what The 100 could be if they jettisoned all the crappy source material.
Flag
I really like the route the show is taking as it is getting progressively more dark. At the same time, they are introducing more complex storylines. I feel that there is still a lot to learn about how much the world has changed since the Ark was created. Something tells me that there was more than just nuclear war. As shown in the 100, like all post apocalyptic worlds, there are still remains of the old world, but we have hardly seen any of it. Less than 100 years have passed and I feel that the methods and usage of technology would not have deteriorated in that time. Something tells me that there are other groups of Grounders who have indeed secured the old cities and technology.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the presence of the people from the Ark will cause a war between different Grounders in the future.
Flag
How absolute is the destruction from the nuclear war? It stands to reason that small enclaves of people with various states of technology would exist. That is just reasonable. I don't understand why they believe the writers and producers believe that humans would revert to state of neo-primitivism. I bet the culture might look something like the old west.
Flag
:) great post. I'm really enjoying this show and the moves their taking, I didn't expect this show to be as dark as it is however the dark I speak of is a dark grey it's time for pitch black dark explore the reality of these kids are going to have to get dirty to survive even dirtier than the already been, war is coming and they have to start realising especially Clark and Finn that they are going to have to kill to live.
Flag
My post is a joke. I found this twisted japanese magna series on youtube called Girls Und Panzer--- And just I couldn't help myself-- it was so over top and sort of crazy to say the least. High School Boarding School Girls that play tankers... That it was perfect for a match up with CW's The 100. That I put it Carmina Burana-- added some real T-34 sounds and went to the races. Then I awoke at 4:30am uploaded it to Youtube so I can post it here.

I saw this interview the Marie and she has a Harley Davidson-- so I think she would be game to play tank-girl in real life given the right movie. I'm thinking she would be easy to sell on this idea of getting more power into the script and violence.

As for going dark-- they need to kill off FInn, Bellamy, Raven by mid next season and leave just Octavia and Clarke on blood thirsty quest for revenge a' la "The Searchers" (1956) and "Apocalypse Now"--- straight into the heart darkness for both them. I digging this idea.

Except I would use the complete Fortuna Imperative Mendi pieces from Carmina Burana.

More +
Flag
Funny post. I say yeah to violence! On a side note, How The West Was Won was pretty tame in the violence department. And it had it's own share of romantic entanglements. Thanks for the memories. I've never been a fan of westerns. But i loved that show. I remember as a kid, waiting each week for it to come on. Damn, now i have that theme music in my head.
Flag
Which is why the How The West Was Won is perfect for this series: we can have clashes between the Indians (aka Grounders) and the Western Whites (aka Space Based Humans) and best of all GUNS and Violence. Now I would have also suggested nudity-- but that would be unacceptable on a broadcast network series. But if HBO is listening to me-- THINK BIG BOYS! However, this is the CW so we cannot have the needed nudity but we can have violence turned up to 11!

Just tell me you couldn't see Marie Avergopoulos in commanding a Tank? I could. See it is all about revenge. Lincoln dies for being a traitor and bam she goes on a rampage!!! Why? Think the 1980's with the original Red Dawn-- "all that hate is gonna burn you up kid..." To which she could wryly reply "it keeps me warm at night". Of course we all know that is classic C.Thomas Howell and Powers Booth exchange around the campfire after they've committed themselves to becoming resistance fighters. You know growing up the 1980's was great. Russians were bad and everybody after Red Dawn wanted to fight a Guerrilla war against them. I think the 100 could be the new Red Dawn for the CW. Maybe even Jasper could get a chance with Marie's character?
More +
Flag
Little gullible brain you. Very imaginative, how could I get into your world TatraFan? Its so crazy it fells so good.
Flag
I don't know watch a lot of films.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Carmichael Show President Trump
    NEW
    NBC
  • 9:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior
    NEW