A The 100 Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning Wednesday, October 22nd)
Hemorrhagic Fever—That’s On My Bucket List. (or it could be my bucket…)

Just when you thought that the science couldn’t get any worse on the CW’s The 100 it does.Sure Hemorrhagic Fever includes such lovely virus strains as:Ebola (remember that one from Outbreak), Rift Valley Fever, and Marburg Virus.Now, there is one strain of the VHF that isn’t usually deadly if properly treated commonly known in Finland as the “Vole Virus” which is one of the few curable ones—the odds of getting VHF and surviving is well not good.This is especially true, if you don’t have modern medicine to combat the virus.However, IN CW LAND WHO NEEDS VACINES, ANTIVIRALS, ANTIBIOTICS OR ANYTHING ELSE?They’ve got Intern Clarke and well she’s just way too good at this whole doctor thing! I’m sure those 14 dead red-shirtesque characters would never happen on such a dark and gritty show as this one! Nope—never!

(Mom Always Warned Me About Being In Star Trek Wearing Red?)

I really hope my agent gets me a better job next time on this series—perhaps, I could even say something before I die? My parents would be so proud if I actually said a line or two before dying! They might even be proud enough of me to claim me as their own son next time…I feel for all those people who died in this week’s episode it was so said. I’m sure that if the writers cared we might have actually even felt something about these deaths. In fact when did 14 die? I saw one or two at most and then we saw ten more graves! I have to say “who, when and where”?You know almost all of the five W’s of good journalism are just totally lost in this episode. We know why: the Grounders Hate The Kids…we know how:Biological Warfare….But, who are these 14 dead kids?When did all of these kids die during this episode? And finally where did they die? I mean one minute we see a kid puking up blood in the drop ship, and the next thing you know, we see 2 corpses outside on the ground dead—finally we see fourteen graves!It was like Star Trek just minus Bones telling us the obvious:

So much for the grittiness of this series!All the key plays get sick—and not one of them dies.Not Raven, Not Bellamy, Not Murphy, Not Finn, Not, Clarke, Not Octavia (who’s magically immune).
Lincoln is over and Jasper might be in?

(I'm sure this is a big hit back on the Ark...)

So, sadly it will seem that Octavia will not be having a little Grounder/Space Human offspring any time soon…I’m sad about this. I thought a baby would be the best way to end the WAR between Grounders and Spacers (I’m going to call the kids from now on Spacers)….It worked in Feudal Europe for centuries? You know Octavia could have been the literal reproductive bridge between Spacers and Grounders! Her offspring with Lincoln could have ruled the forest of short toads with an iron fist to play around with a bit of Frank Zappa’s imagery!Not to mention Lincoln and Octavia would have made some good-looking kids—think about how a tribe of super models could be? Think of how good the HUMAN RACE WILL LOOK! It will be a great time for humanity…10,000 BC has nothing on this one…. Camilla Belle I’m looking at you.

( Octavia-- this is your future!!!)

( Now, I've Got Dibbs On The Sassy Brunette... That One Makes The Love Arrow Point North If You Know What I mean... Oh... Baby!)

So, I’m a little confused are Lincoln’s clan (why they calling themselves clans is odd too) the Mountain Men or are they some other clan?It wasn’t clear because all he said was my people think I’m a traitor and next thing you know he is talking about the Mountain Men are coming… He never specifically said that his clan is known as the Mountain Men—I thought perhaps the Mountain Men were just another group of survivors that the Spacers managed to piss off. Personally, all I could think of is a bunch of backwoods Appalachians with shotguns running round the woods swearing yelling “I Seen It Boo, I Seen It… It was a non-mutant girl!”You know a cross between the Clampets and the History Channel’s Swamp People.

Sure Everyone Laughed With Jeb Clampet-- but I think it is more like Deliverance.

(Never Trust A Banjo Playing Mutant!)

I so wanted to hear a little banjo playing…and pig squealing.Hill FOLK SCARE ME TO THIS DAY THANKS TO DELIVERANCE!I never go into West Virginia or Western Kentucky (I have a brother that lives in Kentucky and I did my undergrad work in the Commonwealth but that is another story.).

A Bridge Too Far Perhaps?

(Wilhelm Bittrich's 2nd SS Panzer stationed in Arnhem, NL. Tough Luck Ah Monty?)

I respected the fact that Bellamy was smart enough to realize that he had to kill the grounders on the bridge.In fact if I knew that the bridge was the key link, between the enemy and territory I would blow that bridge SKY HIGH!However, I would set up an ambush on the bridge. I would draw those grounders into the bridge (a bottle neck) and then unload on them with a cross fire…Finally, I would ignite the bomb to drive home the point that I’m not fooling around.Massive causalities on the Grounders side and I would make sure they get the point that war with the Spacers means DEATH!
The Bridge Bomb…Bombs work best when they planted on structure in a way that does maximum damage. So, sorry Raven the bridge would probably survive your little bomb placed on the surface of the roadway.It might make a small creator in it. However, if you want to blow the bridge you need to put the explosive near a supporting structural member.

(Red Necks And Explosives-- Oh Yeah...)

Also, modern smokeless powders are nitrocellulose-based compounds with various other nitroglycerin and nitroguanidine components added to increase the pressure and control the burn rates of powders depending on usage.Of course you add stabilizers and other elements to the gunpowder to make it less sensitive to shock and other things.That is why modern gunpowder is not like guncotton (the basic nitrocellulose base for all smokeless powders) that is highly sensitive to shock, temperature, and deteriorates rapidly with time in storage.What I am getting at is this: if the gunpowder’s stabilizing agents have depleted to the point that the powder is now shock sensitive—than it would probably also experience the phenomena of auto-ignition. So, there really wouldn’t be any good way to handle this powder.It would be way too dangerous to handle in a reloading press. It would be impossible to store ammo since it might go off just sitting in the ammo can on the shelf.You wouldn’t want to put next to Hydrazine since it might auto-ignite from even just the slightest amount of static electricity.And that would put an end to your plans rather quickly.

So, here is my question—why didn’t Raven the mechanical genius construct an easier bomb???Hydrazine plus electrical spark equals big BOOM!Yes, that is right use one of the batteries she using to power the radio to send an electrical impulse to the bomb and boom!That drop ship would have literally hundreds of feet of cooper wire in it they could use for this purpose.Sure it is not as dramatic and Jasper learning how to use the force and shoot the proton torpedoes down the two-meter ventilation shaft. But, hey wouldn’t a real ambush and big boom that kills hundreds of Grounder Scum been even more satisfying.I think so.

What would Fix This series?

That’s right HOT BLONDES IN TANKS WEARING SS PANZER UNIFORMS! (Bittrich's corpse would even get a little hot and bothered if Eliza Taylor were in a Tiger I wearing a uniform that looked like a cross between a Catholic School Girl and A SS Panzer Commander! The Japanese are proving this theory right all the time. )

(Charlotte Says Back Off Bitch-- This Ain't No High School Musical-- This Is Bob Fosse Meets Joseph Goebbels Doing Cabaret. So Back Off Little Girl You Ain't Got The Chops For This Nazis Cabaret!)

It worked in the Night Porter for Charlotte Rampling!I really do love that film actually.

The show still sucks...

Ah Mozart!

Follow this Show
Members