A The 100 Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning Wednesday, October 22nd)
What the…

WHAT?

Did Abby just DIE? Is everyone on the ark now in mortal peril? Will the Grounders kill Lincoln? Where did the Grounder Princess get her jacket? I’M BRIMMING WITH QUESTIONS AND I JUST CAN’T EVEN.

So many surprises! So many shocks! And the biggest twist of all - Clark had fun! You guys, what… I just… it’s a good thing this is a photo recap, because I have no words. This show appears to have zero plans to give us a break, and I ain’t even mad!

kit kat no thanks.jpg

Get it? Cause… I don’t want a break…? YOU KNOW WHAT. I’m obviously far too flabberghast to make any sense, so why don’t we just get to the meat of the matter, shall we?

The episode began with a PSA from Misteronious about Unity Day, and by the looks of the kids watching, he was riveting.

only thing.png

Clarke and Finn had a very on-the-nose discussion about the pros and cons of violence (oh Finn, your idealism is adorable), then Jasper lit up our lives by gracing our screens with his presence. And he had booze! (At this point I was like, “oh Monty made it? Where’s he at? Monty, where’d you go after you made it? You napping, Monty?”)

Octavia took this opportunity to slip away unnoticed.

scamper.png

But she WAS noticed.

gremlin.png

Up in space, Wibberanious noticed everyone’s eyes glazing over, so he cut his speech short, and SOMEONE was suuuuuper peeved about it.

joke.png

what.png

duck.png

Then Kane had a run-in with his mom that did not go well.

hun.png

back off.png

I think a basic general rule of thumb is don't act like a huge jerk to your mom, because a bomb may go off and then you’ll feel super guilty. Speaking of:

thing.png

perfect.png

bomb.png

pageant.png

HOLY WHAT THE SHIT BALLS YOU GUYS. This really surprised me. I jumped and spilled all my carrots and soy snacks in my lap! (Okay, it was caramel corn and tootsie rolls, get off my back)

Then Kane noticed something protruding out of his mother.

shit.png

yup.png

Seriously though, there was some grade A acting splattered all over this scene. Kudos to the director for letting these actors just stew in their emotions for a solid moment before any dialogue. Just the looks between Kane, Abby and Xeonubrious were enough to get me misty. Well done. They should all give themselves high fives and pats on the bum.

Meanwhile, in a hidden alleyway:

fan.png

phrase.png

sure.png

sigh.png

This scene basically confirmed that Diana planned for the bomb to kill Siggironious, and that she’s 100% cool with killing a ton of people in order to escape to earth. Yikes, lady!

nasty.png

join me.png

sleep.png

wait what.png

didn't.png

heard.png

nope.png

Finn wasn’t done chatting about the merits of peace, so he finally struck up a conversation with his actual girlfriend.

jerk face.png

best friend.png

Speaking of Lincoln, we found out where Octavia had scampered off to:

foreplay.png

You guys, how long has it been since the last episode? I guess Dave *cough* sorry, Lincoln, was giving Octavia fighting lessons? Okay, sure. Also a time related question - was this the first time they did sex together? Because for someone who lived under the floorboards her entire life, Octavia was very good at it! Kudos, regardless, that looked like fun.

That is, until a certain someone snuck up on them.

hoops.png

sock.png

Finn convinced Lincoln to arrange a meeting between the Grounders and Clarke because she’s the REAL leader, because feminism. Seriously though, I loved that the two badass leaders of two kick-ass tribes (just go with it), were both female.

Up in space, Diana was busy being nefarious.

innocent.png

Kane asked her where she’d been and she straight up dodged the question with a “I’m lucky to be alive” speech. Haha, you’d think an evil mastermind would have a lie ready to go for situations like these.

Anyway, then the greatest scene mine eyes have gazed upon happened and Clark became a totally rad, cool chick.

who are.png

seriously.png

I LOVED this Clark. I wanted to hang out with this Clark so bad. I wanted us to be at the point in our friendship where she could just pop by without calling and we would sit around gabbing and drinking wine and eating junk food and watching Pretty Woman.

But then in a fateful twist, Finn was the one enforcing the ever-present rule:

no fun.png

I have to hand it to Finn, this boy gave it his ALL this episode. And yes, everything he was saying was very valid and true, and in that situation I hope I would agree with him. Talking is always better than violence. ALWAYS. However, this is a television show about conflict, so I 100% agreed with Clark in every way. Bring those guns!

picnic.png

come again.png

She enlisted Bellamy as backup, and then we got yet another amazing scene:

new.png

yes.png

Let us all raise our hands to the heavens and rejoice with joy in our hearts because RAVEN HAS A FRIEND! And it’s Jasper! You know when someone offers you a coffee and you drink it and it is exactly what you didn’t know you desperately needed? Like, you weren’t THINKING of coffee at the time, but now that it’s in your mouth you’re like, “my life is complete.” You feel me, right? This scene was like a billion coffees. Yes! Give Raven someone to interact with that isn’t Finn and / or the distance between her and Finn.

I am very, very over the hurt glances between Raven and Clark and Finn and trees and bullets and food and air. Raven seems to be throwing hurt glances at everything right now. I get it, the girl is hurt. But considering the break-neck speed with which this show handles virtually everything, I am very surprised this love triangle is still a thing.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m okay with love triangles. There are roughly seventeen on this show alone that I am fully invested in. This one, however, is just making me grumpy. Raven is better than this. So thank you, TV deities, for giving us this perfect, blissful scene.

squad.png

And they were off!

Back at Space Camp, Kane was interrogating Diana’s minion.

party.png

party 2.png

NOPE! The tables turned pretty quickly, and the minions escaped and left Kane to freeze to death.

feelings.png

hello no.png

I really like that these two are becoming buds. Remember when Willironious accused Kane of attempting to murder him? I bet they look back on that now and chuckle.

Anyway, Diana comendeered the exodus ship and simply did NOT care that only 50% of her people were on board, and the other 50% would die. Why do these people follow her?

Oh, and also, Abby was on board.

All the teens showed up at the bridge to witness Octavia and Lincoln run into each other’s arms like they were at an airport or something. Hadn’t they JUST seen each other?

cock block.png

The Grounders showed up and Clark seemed very excited about the ponies, until she realized what was on top of them.

deal.png

THE BEST. Love it. I’m not even going to question where she got the make-up (is it dirt? I don’t care). Everything about her entrance was superb. Please put Dichen Lachman in every episode, even if it’s just her creeping on our teens, or picking berries, or rubbing dirt into her eyes.

aquaint.png

grounder 1.png

jacket.png

grounder 2.png

nuts.png

stop.png

A lot of fun stuff came from this conversation. The flares took out a village! Clark seemed very unfazed by this information.

Equidarious was informed about Diana’s evil plans, and raced to the launch pad.

not cool.png

They found Abby on the ship and Diana offered her a ride.

besties.png

decline.png

Abby opened the door, but then she was zapped! Abby is NOT having a great day.

Back on Earth, Jasper spied some action in the trees.

monkeys.png

Then there was shit all over the fan! In Jasper’s defense, those Grounders DID look like they were about to shoot. Anyway, our heroes got away, but Lincoln took an arrow for Octavia.

son.png

bro night.png

every.png

Lincoln seemed fine, but if I remember correctly, the Grounders are fond of poisoning their weapons.

Back in space, Diana was being a real a-hole.

die.png

walking.png

real.png

sigh 2.png

She spilled all the beans and then took off! Now the ark is dying and everyone is mad at Yeggorious. That is a pickle, for sure.

Back on the ground, all the teens were fighting.

together.png

Everyone stormed off except Bellamy and Clark, who saw a shining beacon of hope in the sky.

hug.png

ship.png

wtf.png

My thoughts exactly, Clarke, my thoughts exactly. Great acting here by Eliza Taylor. She is generally very good, but her reaction here broke my heart a bit.

YOU GUYS. What in the hell just happened?

I have raved before about The Flash-esque speed (see what I did there, CW? You’re welcome) of the plot on this show, but that’s not going to stop me from doing it again. How long did you think Diana would be a masked villain, working in the shadows to overthrow our heroes? This season? Two seasons? THREE EPISODES? Just… I mean… *slow clap* I tip my hat to you, The 100.

This episode was just one in a string of excellent showings from The 100. I came into this adventure ready to love it, but very skeptical of how the story would unfold. Well, would someone please wipe the egg off my face because this show is amazing. The plot developments, the character growth, the WTF moments that make you sit up and gape at the screen… all just top drawer entertainment from a very talented cast and crew.

Some Stuff:

- were you guys expecting to see the Beautiful Creepster with the Grounders?

- “They wouldn’t be the first to try.” WHAT? Who else have the Grounders fought with? Are there MORE people on the earth?

- Is Lincoln currently foaming at the mouth? Or is the poison no match for his pecks?

- Is anyone else a little tempted to put dirt on your face for your next birthday party? Those Grounders are WORKING IT.

That's it from me! Very pumped to see you all next week!

Later Gators!

39 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Masters of Illusion Jaws of Death
    NEW
    CW
  • 9:00 pm
    Dateline NBC Bad Blood
    NEW
    NBC