A The 100 Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning 2017)
What the…

WHAT?

Did Abby just DIE? Is everyone on the ark now in mortal peril? Will the Grounders kill Lincoln? Where did the Grounder Princess get her jacket? I’M BRIMMING WITH QUESTIONS AND I JUST CAN’T EVEN.

So many surprises! So many shocks! And the biggest twist of all - Clark had fun! You guys, what… I just… it’s a good thing this is a photo recap, because I have no words. This show appears to have zero plans to give us a break, and I ain’t even mad!

kit kat no thanksjpg

Get it? Cause… I don’t want a break…? YOU KNOW WHAT. I’m obviously far too flabberghast to make any sense, so why don’t we just get to the meat of the matter, shall we?

The episode began with a PSA from Misteronious about Unity Day, and by the looks of the kids watching, he was riveting.

only thingpng

Clarke and Finn had a very on-the-nose discussion about the pros and cons of violence (oh Finn, your idealism is adorable), then Jasper lit up our lives by gracing our screens with his presence. And he had booze! (At this point I was like, “oh Monty made it? Where’s he at? Monty, where’d you go after you made it? You napping, Monty?”)

Octavia took this opportunity to slip away unnoticed.

scamperpng

But she WAS noticed.

gremlinpng

Up in space, Wibberanious noticed everyone’s eyes glazing over, so he cut his speech short, and SOMEONE was suuuuuper peeved about it.

jokepng

whatpng

duckpng

Then Kane had a run-in with his mom that did not go well.

hunpng

back offpng

I think a basic general rule of thumb is don't act like a huge jerk to your mom, because a bomb may go off and then you’ll feel super guilty. Speaking of:

thingpng

perfectpng

bombpng

pageantpng

HOLY WHAT THE SHIT BALLS YOU GUYS. This really surprised me. I jumped and spilled all my carrots and soy snacks in my lap! (Okay, it was caramel corn and tootsie rolls, get off my back)

Then Kane noticed something protruding out of his mother.

shitpng

yuppng

Seriously though, there was some grade A acting splattered all over this scene. Kudos to the director for letting these actors just stew in their emotions for a solid moment before any dialogue. Just the looks between Kane, Abby and Xeonubrious were enough to get me misty. Well done. They should all give themselves high fives and pats on the bum.

Meanwhile, in a hidden alleyway:

fanpng

phrasepng

surepng

sighpng

This scene basically confirmed that Diana planned for the bomb to kill Siggironious, and that she’s 100% cool with killing a ton of people in order to escape to earth. Yikes, lady!

nastypng

join mepng

sleeppng

wait whatpng

didntpng

heardpng

nopepng

Finn wasn’t done chatting about the merits of peace, so he finally struck up a conversation with his actual girlfriend.

jerk facepng

best friendpng

Speaking of Lincoln, we found out where Octavia had scampered off to:

foreplaypng

You guys, how long has it been since the last episode? I guess Dave *cough* sorry, Lincoln, was giving Octavia fighting lessons? Okay, sure. Also a time related question - was this the first time they did sex together? Because for someone who lived under the floorboards her entire life, Octavia was very good at it! Kudos, regardless, that looked like fun.

That is, until a certain someone snuck up on them.

hoopspng

sockpng

Finn convinced Lincoln to arrange a meeting between the Grounders and Clarke because she’s the REAL leader, because feminism. Seriously though, I loved that the two badass leaders of two kick-ass tribes (just go with it), were both female.

Up in space, Diana was busy being nefarious.

innocentpng

Kane asked her where she’d been and she straight up dodged the question with a “I’m lucky to be alive” speech. Haha, you’d think an evil mastermind would have a lie ready to go for situations like these.

Anyway, then the greatest scene mine eyes have gazed upon happened and Clark became a totally rad, cool chick.

who arepng

seriouslypng

I LOVED this Clark. I wanted to hang out with this Clark so bad. I wanted us to be at the point in our friendship where she could just pop by without calling and we would sit around gabbing and drinking wine and eating junk food and watching Pretty Woman.

But then in a fateful twist, Finn was the one enforcing the ever-present rule:

no funpng

I have to hand it to Finn, this boy gave it his ALL this episode. And yes, everything he was saying was very valid and true, and in that situation I hope I would agree with him. Talking is always better than violence. ALWAYS. However, this is a television show about conflict, so I 100% agreed with Clark in every way. Bring those guns!

picnicpng

come againpng

She enlisted Bellamy as backup, and then we got yet another amazing scene:

newpng

yespng

Let us all raise our hands to the heavens and rejoice with joy in our hearts because RAVEN HAS A FRIEND! And it’s Jasper! You know when someone offers you a coffee and you drink it and it is exactly what you didn’t know you desperately needed? Like, you weren’t THINKING of coffee at the time, but now that it’s in your mouth you’re like, “my life is complete.” You feel me, right? This scene was like a billion coffees. Yes! Give Raven someone to interact with that isn’t Finn and / or the distance between her and Finn.

I am very, very over the hurt glances between Raven and Clark and Finn and trees and bullets and food and air. Raven seems to be throwing hurt glances at everything right now. I get it, the girl is hurt. But considering the break-neck speed with which this show handles virtually everything, I am very surprised this love triangle is still a thing.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m okay with love triangles. There are roughly seventeen on this show alone that I am fully invested in. This one, however, is just making me grumpy. Raven is better than this. So thank you, TV deities, for giving us this perfect, blissful scene.

squadpng

And they were off!

Back at Space Camp, Kane was interrogating Diana’s minion.

partypng

party 2png

NOPE! The tables turned pretty quickly, and the minions escaped and left Kane to freeze to death.

feelingspng

hello nopng

I really like that these two are becoming buds. Remember when Willironious accused Kane of attempting to murder him? I bet they look back on that now and chuckle.

Anyway, Diana comendeered the exodus ship and simply did NOT care that only 50% of her people were on board, and the other 50% would die. Why do these people follow her?

Oh, and also, Abby was on board.

All the teens showed up at the bridge to witness Octavia and Lincoln run into each other’s arms like they were at an airport or something. Hadn’t they JUST seen each other?

cock blockpng

The Grounders showed up and Clark seemed very excited about the ponies, until she realized what was on top of them.

dealpng

THE BEST. Love it. I’m not even going to question where she got the make-up (is it dirt? I don’t care). Everything about her entrance was superb. Please put Dichen Lachman in every episode, even if it’s just her creeping on our teens, or picking berries, or rubbing dirt into her eyes.

aquaintpng

grounder 1png

jacketpng

grounder 2png

nutspng

stoppng

A lot of fun stuff came from this conversation. The flares took out a village! Clark seemed very unfazed by this information.

Equidarious was informed about Diana’s evil plans, and raced to the launch pad.

not coolpng

They found Abby on the ship and Diana offered her a ride.

bestiespng

declinepng

Abby opened the door, but then she was zapped! Abby is NOT having a great day.

Back on Earth, Jasper spied some action in the trees.

monkeyspng

Then there was shit all over the fan! In Jasper’s defense, those Grounders DID look like they were about to shoot. Anyway, our heroes got away, but Lincoln took an arrow for Octavia.

sonpng

bro nightpng

everypng

Lincoln seemed fine, but if I remember correctly, the Grounders are fond of poisoning their weapons.

Back in space, Diana was being a real a-hole.

diepng

walkingpng

realpng

sigh 2png

She spilled all the beans and then took off! Now the ark is dying and everyone is mad at Yeggorious. That is a pickle, for sure.

Back on the ground, all the teens were fighting.

togetherpng

Everyone stormed off except Bellamy and Clark, who saw a shining beacon of hope in the sky.

hugpng

shippng

wtfpng

My thoughts exactly, Clarke, my thoughts exactly. Great acting here by Eliza Taylor. She is generally very good, but her reaction here broke my heart a bit.

YOU GUYS. What in the hell just happened?

I have raved before about The Flash-esque speed (see what I did there, CW? You’re welcome) of the plot on this show, but that’s not going to stop me from doing it again. How long did you think Diana would be a masked villain, working in the shadows to overthrow our heroes? This season? Two seasons? THREE EPISODES? Just… I mean… *slow clap* I tip my hat to you, The 100.

This episode was just one in a string of excellent showings from The 100. I came into this adventure ready to love it, but very skeptical of how the story would unfold. Well, would someone please wipe the egg off my face because this show is amazing. The plot developments, the character growth, the WTF moments that make you sit up and gape at the screen… all just top drawer entertainment from a very talented cast and crew.

Some Stuff:

- were you guys expecting to see the Beautiful Creepster with the Grounders?

- “They wouldn’t be the first to try.” WHAT? Who else have the Grounders fought with? Are there MORE people on the earth?

- Is Lincoln currently foaming at the mouth? Or is the poison no match for his pecks?

- Is anyone else a little tempted to put dirt on your face for your next birthday party? Those Grounders are WORKING IT.

That's it from me! Very pumped to see you all next week!

Later Gators!

39 Comments
Comments (40)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I can't believe you didn't pick up on the guy Clarke was drinking with. That was absolutely Tim Bartlett!!
Flag
Ah, maybe the funniest yet for me:)
Flag
These Recaps Are Sort of like drinking Liquid Drano and surviving to do it again.
Flag
Had a lot of experience drinking Drano, have you? It explains soooo much! :)
Flag
Actually, I know exactly how the active agent in Liquid Drano works very well-- it is called Sodium Hydroxide.
Flag
Thanks for the chemistry lesson, but sometimes snark is just snark. :)
Flag
Try Harder.
Flag
Your recaps are fab! Really, I haven't enjoyed a series of recaps this much since Vulture was recapping Gossip Girl! Don't judge me! :)
Flag
I live for these recaps. Please never stop doing them! Seriously, I just discovered this show and mainlined it this weekend. Then I sent in search of fandom things and stumbled across one of your recaps, and it was seriously the most hilarious thing ever. And mirrored many of my own feelings on the episode, the characters, the show's pacing, et al.

Thoughts: I definitely agree that Clarke and Bellamy have more chemistry than Clarke and Finn, and I was done with the Clark-Finn-Raven triangle before it began. Sadly, I would really like to see both Clarke and Raven with someone other than Finn. And I actually really liked him until the triangle started. Now I want Raven with someone who really wants to be with her, and Clarke and Bellamy just have so many sparks. Finn is out as far as I am concerned. Sadly, I'm sure the show will drag this triangle out. Ugh.

I doubt very much that Abbey is dead. I don't know what that was at the end, but I have a hard time believing they would introduce a conniving villain like Diana, only to kill her off in the very next episode (or two?)

I do think Lincoln and Octavia had already had sex, apparently during one of their off-screen training sessions they've been having, that I am really sad to have missed. I so feel for poor Octavia. every time that girl gets a glimmer of happiness, it is cruelly snatched away. Lincoln better not die. (I don't think they will kill him, either. But you never know...)

I think perhaps the others the Grounders have fought are other tribes of Grounders? IDK, but I'm sure we will find out.
More+
Flag
Raven + Jasper. That's the ship I want to see. Won't happen, I guess.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Absolutely fantastic recap! @Toni_watches Great dialogue.... ROFL!

Yes, this ep was quite something!

The gag of using any possible variation of something-rious as a name reminded me of Asterix & Obelix comics, thank you!
Flag
Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona rugged Earth, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes uncivil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whole misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death bury their parents' oldserts' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,
And the continuance of their parents' oldsters' rage,
Which, but their children's end, nought could remove,
Is now the two hours' four hours' remaining traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

*SIGH* Ah yes, at last it's revealed that The 100 is nothing more than the retelling of the classic fateful love between Juliet Capulet Octavia and Romeo Montague Lincoln. Poison's already come into play as well as slings and arrows (at least the latter anyway). Now we just need some sword play and the willing go-between assistance of some sort of religious person or shaman. Sadly the Priestess of the Living Tree has been offed so is not available for this role. I can hardly wait to see where this likely doomed and dramatic romance takes us!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Really, Beautiful Creepster was with the Grounders? Dang, I missed seeing that.

Yeah the time element between these last two episodes was bothering me since before now it seems time has been relatively continuous from episode to episode. Clearly Romeo Lincoln has made a full recovery from his tortuous ordeal (faster than Finn's recovery seems to be going) and Juliet Octavia has been coached in some fighting techniques. One would think her repeated absences would have caught up to her by now already. While I have no complaints with the overall pace of the show, I think it would have been nice to slow things down a bit between these two--show us what he's been training her in and what sort of Grounder culture and info he had has been feeding her, and vice versa.
More+
Flag
Sweet!
Flag
Thank you!
Flag
Hilarious recap as always.
My guess is that there are others groups of grounders in earth and maybe different groups have access to different technology.
Nice to see Finn finally doing something.
Clarke, Raven and Bellamy are my favorite characters so far.
I think there will be survivors from the crash.
I'm liking more and more this show every week.
Flag
I don't think that was the first time Octavia and Lincoln had sex. I think there was a bit of an implied time jump between this episode and the last one. Either that, or when you look like Octavia, you just automatically know how to have sex because it would be impossible to avoid it being that hot, so it is just in your chemical makeup. Is anyone curious about the age difference between them? I think Octavia is like 16 and Lincoln looks to be about 35. By the way, it is sad that Lincoln's name is not Dave, then their shipper name could have been "Octdavia"!
Your comment about someone giving you coffee made me realize that I don't think there is coffee in this future. At least I haven't seen any. That is sad, but at least there is booze!!
Flag
Ricky Whittle (LIncoln) is 33 and Maria Avgeropoulos (sp?) is 28 apparently ... she just looks really really young!
Flag
Also we need screen grabs of the two dudes(?) who were flanking Elvira on the bridge, Scary as f0ck! If I weren't so darn tired...

Flag
Yes they did looked impressive... I was wondering if they were wearing masks or just plain being themselves, you know "au naturel" ... LOL
Flag
In the part with the ship and the hey the leader is lying bit....umm didn't anyone think to say hey lady your no better...your taking one of the few life ships we have to put our people on..and using it only for half your people and possibly killing the rest of us in the process? I mean i know logic and tv drama don't mix but really finding out that there isn't enough ships to take all the people down is grounds for joining up and taking a near empty ship to save yourselves.....that's not caring for HER people....is it?
Flag
Well, that is probably the point: she is just selfish and wants to survive no matter what... Remember Gaius Baltar from BSG? This seems to be a character inspired on that one except less squeamish and less well acted... probably because of the script maybe not necessarily the actress...
Flag
It never even occurred to me that Jasper was the only one who saw the Grounders in the trees, right? Could he have been having a PTSD-type moment where he hallucinated them? He def shot first (Jasper shot first will never be a meme), Way to go Bellamy (via Clarke) to bring him along. Jasper is good for two things: being cute and being... well cute carrying kegs.
Flag
I guess jasper was drunk.. before leaving the camp he dried the last cup. and there were no grounders on the trees.
Flag
Wow, I think I need time to process.
This show really does move fast, I was all like ugh I don't want evil lady down there, that's unnecessary drama. Low and behold she gets blown up WITH Abby!!!
Also can't forget the ease with which Clarke and Bellamy now interact, that is so cute and natural.
Finn is still annoying the hell out of me, though, I agree, I would generally side with the peaceful Finn argument, but as pointed out this is TV, and they threw the first spear. So bring the guns for back up at least.
Finally, I am SOOOO excited for the beautiful creepster to be back in the game next week. And as a somewhat side note, I kinda hope they do keep Abby dead, like I don't want miraculous saves here that would seem like a cop out.
Also, other final random thought, but I don't really want any adults coming down to cramp their style. I expect it to happen, but I think it would be so much cooler if they couldn't control their landings at all, and every ship kinda ended up scattered around. That way there would be little pockets of civilization that would have to try and find each other while being attacked by other groups. AND most importantly, the grown ups wouldn't just come down and be able to solve all the problems with their guns, and technology and skills and stuff.
More+
Flag
I won't believe Awesome Mum is dead until I see the corpse DNA tested, but in case of being crashland survivors I suspect they won't make it to teen camp anytime soon.
Flag
The pics aren't showing. BBL
Flag
So yeah it was pretty sad when Diana set off a bomb in the middle of a festival, but can we talk about Jasper's face when he witnessed Octavia jump into Lincoln's arms??? SO SAD :(

Speaking of Jasper, why was he there in the first place? He was WASTED and Bellamy thought it would be a totally okay idea to hand him a semi-automatic. Like what sort of logic is that?? Not to mention the fact that Jasper is more than a little screwy in the head when it comes to the Grounders because... well because he was IMPALED on his first day on Earth, ya know, by the Grounders. So yeah it was a spectacularly intelligent decision to bring the unstable inebriated one along for the ride.

I'm starting to think the CW is hearing everyone's doneness with Finn and his lack of purpose, personality, and just all around worth cause this episode made him a hundred times more interesting than he has been since day one. Albeit, interesting AND annoying, but whatevs at least he's doing something.

Oh a side note, I won't be too shocked if they kill Raven off in the next episode or two. Now before I start getting death threats here's why:
1. It's been a while since they killed off someone who we actually have gotten to know and love. Raven's been around long enough that we've all started caring about what happens to her, but not long enough that her death would seriously upset the storyline. In fact, I think her death would actually open up more plot lines and would be a catalyst for a good amount of character development. Because of the nature of her involvement, the aftermath of her potential death would have a ripple effect, touching more than just the lives of Finn and Clarke.
2. As much as I hate to say this, what point does she really serve? Aside from being the necessary third piece to the love triangle drama and Finn's codependent girlfriend(ish), she really doesn't have a meaningful purpose. Sure, she can be given a job to do to kill time and keep her on the screen, but eventually her character will become redundant.
More+
Flag
I am thinking maybe it was a bit late to introduce a new character for that scene and would not be meaningful enough... so they had to grab Jasper even if he was a bit "happy" well he was not completely legless at least... LOL
Flag
Well if they kill Raven they lose their engineering edge as that is her speciality....i see her getting together with Jasper or staying with Finn.
Flag
Since Finn is messing with her & Clarke,they should become lesbian lovers to get back at him.lol
Flag
I think the reason Jasper was brought along was because he's possibly Bellamy's 2nd favorite person out of everyone there.
Flag
Hilarious, perfect recap (as always!) for an awesome episode. I'm thinking the craft that exploded into the ground will turn out to be just a loose piece of the Ark (that thing looked srsly messed up after the uncoupled launch), rather than the exodus ship.
Flag
Laughing at Finn and Lincoln being BFFs. The guy stabbed him and then was very willing to let him die without the antidote. Great grounds for a friendship.

Clarke having fun was amazing. Maybe my favorite scenes. Poor girl never gets to have fun...though that's what comes with being a leader. It's always serious business. And Bellamy was laughing with her! These two need to share laughs together more often.

Anya looks so fierce. I love that Clarke was all "YAY HORSIES!" when Anya first rode up.

This Lincoln and Octavia relationship is happening so fast I got whiplash.

Biggest question: WHERE WAS MONTY. Seriously, sin't he a series regular? Why is he almost never around?
Flag
At first I was thinking "hey don't hate on Jasper.he made a mistake."But then I realized that if it was a real truce,why were there grounders in the trees about shoot Clarke with arrows?If it was a real truce,all of the gang would be on one side and all of the grounders would be on the other.Not hiding in the bushes and in the trees.
Flag
Mistrust on both sides! Clarke also had people with guns hidden out of sight.
Flag
Like I said,neither group should've been hiding in the bushes or trees.All members of the gang should've been on one side while Clarke walked on the bridge and all of the grounders should've been on the other side while the grounder princess was walking.
Flag
I can't believe you didn't make a "consciously uncoupling" joke when Diana launched her pod. You're slipping, dude.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW
    ABC