A The 100 Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning Wednesday, October 22nd)
Does anyone have a time machine? I’d very much like to jump into the future exactly one week. I’m really fun on road trips, so this could be a hoot. We’ll get some snacks, bring our pillows, make a sweet mix cd, all pile into the time machine and know exactly WHAT THE EFF IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE SEASON FINALE.

Then we could use the time machine to go back 13 weeks and watch it all over again.

You guys, this episode definitely felt like a “Part 1”, setting up the dominoes to fall without any major WHAT moments, but it successfully got THIS GIRL pumped for the final installment. Did any of us actually think Bellamy was in danger? Probably not. Was it fun to watch Murphy be exposed for what he is and go a little nuts? Hell yes! Did we really think Clarke and Finn were going to be killed off? Unlikely. Was it a thrill to see Lincoln’s Abs again? Can I get an amen!

And what in the H E double hockey sticks are the Reapers? One word, folks: yikes.

But enough chitter chatter, let’s find some nearly inescapable mines and dive in!

The episode began with a beautifully underscored scene (seriously, that music was haunting), in which Chickonious filled everyone in on their situation.

crushes.png

look.png

shut up.png

prank.png

hero.png

Kane refused to just chillax because there was heroing to be done!

On the ground, Bellamy was also experiencing a fit of heroitis.

bellamuy.jpg

You guys, do you think Bellamy got an A+ in his public speaking class, and it went to his head? This boy LOVES giving speeches. I think he loves giving speeches more than he loves having awkwardly ridiculous teen threesomes.

Anyway, he reminded everyone that they’re all probably gonna die, and that their pals are likely dead.

Then we got a great campfire scene with Anya and Clarke.

marshmallows.png

spider dogs.png

Tense.

You guys, I cannot wait for the inevitable character turn where Anya realizes she needs the 100 to fight against the Reapers and they team up and Anya and Clarke become besties. There is no reason these two can’t be pals (other than a ton of murder).

[Side note - I like my marshmallows burnt, in case we’re ever camping together]

They were rudely interrupted by this dude:

awesome.png

fan base.png

He’s in charge now, and he was about to kill our beloved Clarke when they saw a fire signaling “Reapers”. They do NOT sound like a fun bunch of people, so naturally the Grounders packed up and high tailed it outta there, leaving a suspiciously hunky dude behind to kill Clarke.

Back at Casa Di 100, Jasper was throwing Bellamy attitude about not going after their missing comrades.

sass.png

Then Bellamy went to get water for Miles, who I guess was still alive.

yogurt.png

death yogurt.png

frozen deathgurt.png

deathzen yodeath.png

dead.png

bad time.png

Oh no! Our Adorkable Hero witnessed the Beautiful Creepster murder the Glorified Extra! Murphy locked himself inside the drop ship with Jasper, and I don’t think it was for some male bonding.

Then we saw Clarke galloping on a horse through slivers of light and I hope the director stood up and took a bow while this aired because that was awesome. Oh, and look who wasn’t dead:

heart throb.png

saved.png

It is i.png

Lincoln!! Put up your hand if you knew we’d see Lincoln’s abs again (or don’t, because we can’t see you and you’ll likely look insane).

They ran into the Fire Swamp mines where they knew the Grounders wouldn’t follow.

oughta.png

Up in space, Abby was trying her darndest to save a girl who looked a little like Clarke (she looked A LOT like Clarke, you guys).

emotions.png

I was behind Jackson when he was totally cool to let her die, but Abby had other reasons for wanting to redeem herself.

darts.png

naw man.png

Someone give Paige Turco a chocolate milkshake because her performance in this scene made me feel things. It was also nice to see Jackson have something to do other than look worried.

On the ground, Bellamy was cooking up a scheme to save Jasper.

tradesies.png

intrigued.png

And the deal was on!

Meanwhile, Clarke, Finn and Lincoln were having a super time in the mines.

hurt.png

little buddy.png

abs.png

crossfit.png

juice.png

missed.png

dude.png

Do you think when they’re not running for their lives, that Lincoln and Finn make some tea and just silently sit together while Lincoln draws and Finn writes poetry? Then every so often they’ll share their work and support each other’s creativity? I do.

In this conversation we learned that Lincoln has morals and is helping them because war is wrong. Fair enough!

Back at camp, Raven was being Raven.

goddess.png

Above them, the Beautiful Creepster was getting Bellamy to tie a noose for himself.

fun.png

unnerving.png

Bellamy seemed more annoyed than afraid. I guess after the horrors he’s witnessed thus far, he probably didn’t believe he’d be taken down by a disgruntled ex-employee.

Up at Space Camp, Oberonious was watching a very adorable young Clarke and Wells (RIP) talking about thrusters and gravity and a general step by step how-to on saving the Ark.

geroge.png

THRUSTERS. OF COURSE! I loved that they ran every scenario, and it took children talking about the basic workings of the Ark for an idea to hit.

Back in the Pit of Despair, our disheveled adventure squad heard noises.

harmonies.png

Reapers!!

In the drop ship, Murphy shot the gun and Octavia seemed very annoyed.

didn't.png

With all the times Murphy shot through the floor, I am very surprised he didn’t blow the pod up.

died now.png

anti hero.png

Oh Murphy. Your hijinxs amuse me. I feel like Murphy’s life would be a good sitcom. His plans never seem to work out, and that’s always good for a laugh.

Meanwhile, Disheveled Adventure Squad found the Reavers Reapers.

metalica.png

looks.png

leave.png

but.png

I guess heroitis is contagious because Lincoln volunteered to essentially get murdered in order to save these two, and have them in turn save Octavia. He lead the super scary mega creepy gang away so Clarke and Finn could slip out unnoticed.

band aid.png

YYYYYYYYYYYYYIKES. That seems very uncomfortable.

They were attacked by a stray Reaper and Finn took care of business. Way to go, Finn!

rag tag.png

The Beautiful Creepster wants to be the leader! Aw… little guy.

[I could have chosen quite literally ANY sports movie from the 90s about underdogs, but Little Giants is one of my favourites]

Raven got the door open and they rushed in to find Bellamy HANGING, which was a very disturbing image, even if we did know he was going to be fine.

hot girls.png

I’m assuming last episode was more fun for Bob Morely to shoot than hanging by the neck. It was worth it, though! This scene was very disconcerting!

business.png

ugh.png

romantic.png

umm.png

I give Finn a hard time because he’s an easy target and it’s fun, but props to Thomas McDonell who’s rather charming, and doing a great job. I honestly do like Finn when he’s not caught up in romantic drama. Moving on!

Murphy blew a hole into the drop ship and ran away!

raspberry.png

scoundrel.png

Then all of our hearts exploded because this happened:

new.png

Bellamy gets yelled at, blamed, shot at, glared at, HANGED, but this is one of the first times I can think of that someone showed him appreciation. And that appreciation came in the form of a hug from an adorkable hero. Yes, show… yes.

Clark and Finn returned with news of their impending doom and Bellamy (obviously) gave a rousing speech.

leaving.png

seriously.png

Haha, better luck next time, Bellamy!

a holes.png

Everyone heard Murphy shoot through the floor where Raven was chilling out, and yet not ONE person went to check on her. Poor girl had to crawl out by herself with a hole through her body. Somebody throw Raven a fricken bone!

Up at Space Camp, Kane was still trying to save the Arc.

inferno.png

blast.png

You guys! I will never stop praising the Mach 10 speed this show moves at (is Mach 10 fast? I don’t know science). The adults are going to the ground in what will undoubtedly be a magnificent explosion!

The best thing about this show (besides Lincoln’s abs) is that The 100 understands momentum. They know when to speed up and when to slow down. They know what will eventually bore us, and they take it out of the equation before it has a chance to. If we had to stick with a split-story between the Earth and the Ark beyond Season 2, we would have grown weary of it.

But we don’t! We get to see people killing each other, and explosions, and barbarians with uncomfortable bling keeping gross hostages, and awkward romance!

I tip my hat to you, The 100. I have to do that now, because next week I’ll likely be too busy sobbing or screaming or pulling out my hair to give you the praise you deserve.

Some Stuff:

So many hugs this episode!! Do you think that was in the script, or were the actors just realizing that they have to spend the summer apart? (I like to think that they are all the best of friends)

I don’t want to jinx it, but this is the first episode where Raven did not cast ONE hurt glance.

There was a lot of cool imagery this episode! Bellamy looking through the noose, Clarke on the horse, Lincolns abs… Dean White also directed the finale, so look forward to more disturbing / awesome / beautiful shots!

I was very flippant with the danger of this episode, and I feel like that’s going to bite me in the ass next week. People are going to die, you guys. I’m scurred.

Do you think Murphy will try to do a reunion tour with his band?

I took a screen grab of this, and didn’t end up using it. I figured I’d throw it in here and see if you guys wanted to caption it. You can do it in context or out - have at it!

open caption.png

Until next time!
38 Comments
Follow this Show
Members