The 4400

As Fate Would Have It

Aired Unknown Jul 10, 2005 on USA

• A few flaws detracted from an otherwise great episode...

7.6
    Right to the point...

The scene in which Collier is killed was a bit unbelievable to me. All of the high-grade security in place, and they let Collier deliver his speech not from teh safety of an auditorium, but in front of a giant window...and they don't bother to watch the rooftop across the street for a potential sniper. Also, with all that security, why the heck was Tom the only one to give pursuit? The competence that Collier saw in them earlier in the episode seems to have faded a bit.

I was glad to see Collier go this episode. I really didn't care for his Magneto-esque character at all. His whole movement is really distracting from the plot that, to me, is more interesting; namely, what the heck are the 4400 supposed to be doing to save the future? I just hope that they don't bring him back (since his body disappeared), but I have a bad feeling they will.

When Shawn saw the gunman across the street, I was pretty surprised to discover that it was Kyle who pulled the trigger. I have to question whether Shawn could really have gotten a good enough look at him to recognize him from such a distance/angle especially with all the confusion around him.

Shawn gives the first key to the homeless girl and then blows her off once he has assumed command of Collier's position? VERY unbelievable. I don't care how many papers the attorneys were shoving in front of him for him to sign...he's mentally & emotionally only about 19 years old. He has had massive responsibilities in Collier's organization for about a year now. Certainly, there is more on his plate now, but he is a kid a good, caring heart and simply would not have grown so cold so fast. VERY hard to believe.

I'm going to be really p.o.'ed if Heidi dies. I've been wanting her to be reunited with Lilly from teh beginning and Isabelle's attack on her makes no sense at this point. I'm sure the reasoning is there, but at this point, I don't care for this particular aspect of the storyline. Lilly and Richard (and Heidi for that matter) have been through enough. Give them a break already.

All in all, this was a good enjoyable episode, but these problems made it merely average in my book.