The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Did anyone care when Lily died???

Heroes0718

[1]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    Hi, I just needed to ask that! It's been bugging me. Did anyone like Lily? She was my favorite character!!!!!! Seriously! I only just thought of it today. I wanted her to come back at a twist of fate in the season finale...but I guess not!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bl00dWork

[2]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 4
    I did but I slowly started to get over it

kanniballl

[3]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 18
    A LOT of people cared.  The forums were full of threads and posts about her death for weeks after it happened.

ladycatherine

[4]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 14
    Since Isabelle does not have her abilitys anymore it would be cool if she came back to life.. But her being cremated (and her being on a new show) I dont think it will happen.

SusieQuinn

[5]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 1
    Lilly was my favorite too... I was also hopeing for something to happen... I don't know, the last five minutes of season two were amazing, so guess I was expected so much more tonight...

Anyways, it is still possible for Lilly to return, after all Jordan did right? Just because she was creamated doesnt mean anything... the future can go back to just before she died and take her again, for instance, changing the reality that we saw this season, in an attempt to fix things again. After all, they are working on a new plan now once again, right? Maybe when Alana wakes up she will be with Lilly! And as far as casting, they really could get anyone to play Lilly, cause technically she could be ANY age when she would return! lol

ReclusiveWriter

[6]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 13

I was saddened when Lily died. Of course, that might be because to get ready before the season premiere,  I watched my DVD's of Seasons 1 & 2, so after all that, losing her was sad.

But I think the show will still endure without her.

4400TVJunkie

[7]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yep, Lily was one of my favorite characters. I was so upset that she did. That was around the time I started to hate Isabelle!

fafnir97

[8]Aug 28, 2006
    No, I really didn't like Lilly all that much, she just didn't do anything for me. She just didn't have that powerful of a screen presence to make an emotional attachment.

Richard-Alan

[9]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 5

I liked her but didn't really see her as needed for the show. I think that the plot got better without her in it and the idea of her coming back to life would just get the show worse. Even though Jordon Collier came back to life, only he should for he meant to be special like that. For all we know it is his ability to come back to life and so Lily would ruin it if she came back to life as well.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[10]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 10
    I cared... but only that it didn't happen sooner than it did. I've NEVER been able to stand her. She had to be just about the least interesting person on this show in my opinion.

Milks23

[11]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 50
    Although, it was Laura's decision to leave the showed missed a huge beat in killing her off.

Her storyline with Isabelle, Heidi and Brian (her ex) had great potential.

fafnir97

[12]Aug 28, 2006
    I would like to know why people think Lilly was such a great character. I really don't see why people liked her so much.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[13]Aug 28, 2006

fafnir97 wrote:
    I would like to know why people think Lilly was such a great character. I really don't see why people liked her so much.

Hah. You saw my post before right? I HATED Lily. I have never liked her. Hell.. I didn't really care much for Richard either up until this season. This season they made him a bad-ass. He was awesome this season.

fafnir97

[14]Aug 28, 2006
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:

fafnir97 wrote:

Hah. You saw my post before right? I HATED Lily. I have never liked her. Hell.. I didn't really care much for Richard either up until this season. This season they made him a bad-ass. He was awesome this season.

yeah, Richard was much cooler this year. He showed emotions and had real turmoil. Of course, it helped that he learned his telekinesis, that made him even cooler. Lilly never really did much of anything or had any problems. She was too bland to be a great character.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[15]Aug 28, 2006
    lol. I always said before that I hoped Lily would get the power to be more interesting after the season two finale.

misslee022884

[16]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 18
    I was sad when she got old... I was glad when she died, simply because of all the pain associated with her rapid aging. That's when I realized though... Isabelle sucks!

frugtkompot

[17]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 2
    Hm.. Well, I always saw Lily as a very weak and onesided character, and to be honest the show really picked up it's pace and complexity after she left, so I'm glad she's gone. I also don't think much of Richard actually, but that's mainly because the actor playing him doesn't do much for me.

Will be interested to see where they take Isabel next season, now that she has lost her ability. Technically she could somehow get hold of one of those Promison (?) shots and take one of those? What would happen then.

archangelcory16

[18]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 32
    I was sad when she died.

kerblimey

[19]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    fafnir97 wrote:

i have to agree with you there...she didn't do anything else except whine and moan. i got bored with her everytime she was on screen

desertsmiss

[20]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 14
    I liked Lilly...I would have liked to see what kind of power she would have developed. I think that she was deliberately left as a one-sided character...they had more important things to worry about in the 17 episodes of season 1 and 2. If Lilly had stayed around for a 3rd season, I'm guessing she would have evolved into one really interesting character!