TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Did anyone care when Lily died???

Darkness1234

[21]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 13
    Nope
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fafnir97

[22]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 4
    desertsmiss wrote:
    I liked Lilly...I would have liked to see what kind of power she would have developed. I think that she was deliberately left as a one-sided character...they had more important things to worry about in the 17 episodes of season 1 and 2. If Lilly had stayed around for a 3rd season, I'm guessing she would have evolved into one really interesting character!

Yeah, Richard was kinda one-sided until middle/end of season 2. If the actor wasn't so impatient, Lilly probably would have been a more complex character. Oh well, her loss, not ours.

Sharpfan

[23]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 10
    I liked Lily, and would have liked to have seen what power she developed.  I was very upset when she was killed off.  I didn't know that the actress went to another show.  I hate Isabelle and wish she had been killed off.  As for Richard being a bad ass - are we watching the same show?   The only time he showed some gumption was when he tried to destroy the promicin and when he stuck the needle in Isabelle.  And I felt it was too little too late.

enervator

[24]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 38
    Honestly, no.  As the series progressed Lily was becoming more and more of a waste of screen time.  They should have killed off that character a long time ago.  Once she gave birth to the hellion Isabelle there really was nothing for her to do.

Monk10000

[25]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 13
    Ya i cared for Lily alot shes 1 of my favorite character i wish theyd bring her back

4400TVJunkie

[26]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 6

enervator wrote:
    Honestly, no.  As the series progressed Lily was becoming more and more of a waste of screen time.  They should have killed off that character a long time ago.  Once she gave birth to the hellion Isabelle there really was nothing for her to do.

You don't really know that. She was one of the original characters from day one, I'm sure the writers had plenty in store for her to do later on.

enervator

[27]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 38
    4400TVJunkie wrote:

enervator wrote:

You don't really know that. She was one of the original characters from day one, I'm sure the writers had plenty in store for her to do later on.

Well, seeing as how they had the entire Season 2 to do something with Lily, and never did, if they really did have plenty in store for her to do, it's a shame that they didn't.

Nicren

[28]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 7

I didn't mind Lily so much in the first couple of episode, and then I didn't like her very much as the show progressed until it got to the stage where I couldn't stand the character. I'm happy the character isn't in the story line anymore but I have to admit that they did her 'death' episode very well and it even brought up a pang of emotion in me.

I'm still happy she's dead though

MoonCloud217

[29]Sep 16, 2006
    I didn't like Lily and I don't like Richard. They are as annoying as "the father and son" couple in Lost. Don't remember their names but you all know who I mean. Good thing Richard became more independant and a stonger character when Lily died.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[30]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 10

Nicren wrote:
    I have to admit that they did her 'death' episode very well and it even brought up a pang of emotion in me.

That might be due to the fact that it was a different  actress playing her. Laura Allen is a terrible actress.

Darkravenous

[31]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 3
    i was really upset when lilly died but i have since moved on.

lonefox2006

[32]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    The character of Lily had a lot of possibilities, and even though she's gone, her importance in the story arc is not. I think there will be new developments in the next Season. There was a very strong bond between Richard and Lily and I see the writers using that to further the development of the show.

Red-rumm

[33]Nov 17, 2006
    Nicren wrote:

I didn't mind Lily so much in the first couple of episode, and then I didn't like her very much as the show progressed until it got to the stage where I couldn't stand the character. I'm happy the character isn't in the story line anymore but I have to admit that they did her 'death' episode very well and it even brought up a pang of emotion in me.

I'm still happy she's dead though

Same here. She was ok at first and then before I knew I hated her. I'm glad she's gone.

ErinButler

[34]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 1

Watching the show on netflix, on season 2, I hate the character already! Bad actress.... Seems ingenuine and no logic to her actions/ irrational behaviour not really consistent, only for effect!

AngelaUltee

[35]Jul 6, 2014
    • level: 1
    I liked her, but I hated more that Isabel grew up, she was a adorable baby, and nobody thinks a baby can do bad things.
    so it would have more dept.