The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Is it worth watching the series, or does it leave you hanging at the end???

texag2005

[1]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 1

I watched the first season of The 4400 a while ago, and havne't had a chance to catch up. I recently found out The 4400 was canceled. Is it worth watching all 4 seasons, or does the show leave you in a huge cliffhanger with no closure? I'd hate to invest in 3 seasons worth of episodes to only get no closure at the end.

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Finweminya

[2]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    No, it doesn't leave you in a huge cliffhanger. The story is somewhat well ended when the season 4 ends. There are of course some loose ends but generally speaking, I would recommend that you invest in those 3 seasons

marto_dd

[3]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 17
    Personally, I thing the series has the best ending it could have. I find it absolutely finished and complete and I can't see how it could be continued with a whole season. Of course there's always a place for an episode or two, but the end was so beautiful and I wouldn't want to see another ending.

BenRyan33

[4]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think there are a few more things that could be wrapped up but it isn't a huge "What is gonna happen next" cliffhanger. I'd like a few more eps to tidy up the whole story a bit more. Maybe a TV-movie?

HolyPenguin

[5]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    No cliffhanger, but the end made me want for more episodes. But it's ok, there are more good shows on TV.

alleyd93

[6]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    it is worth watching unless you don't like never figuring out what happens, because in answer to your second question it leaves you hanging big time it's like dark angel leaves you on a huge cliffhanger when it got axed. But it is a really great show and really good to watch .

imyourvirus

[7]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    alleyd93 wrote:
    it is worth watching unless you don't like never figuring out what happens, because in answer to your second question it leaves you hanging big time it's like dark angel leaves you on a huge cliffhanger when it got axed. But it is a really great show and really good to watch .

it was a good show, what is it these days... with networks canceling good shows... I think one of these days I'll just swear of tv all together, ok so that's a bit extreme but still wth? :*(

Katara0017

[8]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yeah watch it it has a descent ending

36th_Phantom

[10]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    Dont listen to the above peon^ he spends all of his time on the 4400 page, saying nothing but bad things about the 4400! if i was him i'd spend my time being more productive elsewhere! anyway the 4400 rules and the ending is good! i've seen it 3 times and it gives you enough to wonder "what would of happened in season 5" but it also rounds it off nicley. you wont be disappointed

spgspgspg

[11]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 5

Well said ,36th Phantom, it was the best ending for a show that was axed. No need for season 5 to tell us how the story will go.

seto1

[12]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    to me it couldnt have ended better,it leaves you wanting more

QingJao86

[13]Dec 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    I think it needs more seasons, but then again when the show is all about assuring a good future, who is to say when it could end and be totally settled? Can anyone say now that the good future was already assured at this point?
    Edited on 12/27/2008 3:02am

magicquebec

[14]Jan 5, 2009
    Cool, it's not like that show SURFACE...?

"What's gonna happen next?".... WELL YOU WON'T KNOW... CANCELLED!!!!!

sasou82

[16]Feb 1, 2010
    • level: 11
    The series definately left me wanting more. I watched the show since the miniseries first premiered and got more than I had initially expected from it. But still the ending left me hoping for more and it seems I will never get it.

aidorrocks

[17]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 10
    to be honest, i don't think it was wrapped up well. don't get me wrong, i would still recommend watching it, it's an amazing show. but personally for me it was almost like the end of the sopranos. i don't want to spoil any of the story for you, but i'll say this: there are 2 forces working against each other & by the end you're not sure who's gonna come out on top, it's left to you're imagination.

but trust us, watch it all - it's excellent.

ShazTalukdar

[18]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 1
    ive just watched all 4 seasons then found out that its been cancelled. im feeling so screwed up i really want to know what happens in the fifth season. i feel that i have wasted my time watching this even though i really enjoyed it. the whole four seasons has led up to the fifth. it is very dissappointing that the main part of the story is missing. all i can do is imagin the rest of the story and i think it woudv been better than what has already been shown. its been a few days since i watched it and im still pisd off.... cliffhanger aint the word. :[ :

RandomAussie2

[19]Jan 15, 2011
    ShazTalukdar wrote:
    ive just watched all 4 seasons then found out that its been cancelled. im feeling so screwed up i really want to know what happens in the fifth season. i feel that i have wasted my time watching this even though i really enjoyed it. the whole four seasons has led up to the fifth. it is very dissappointing that the main part of the story is missing. all i can do is imagin the rest of the story and i think it woudv been better than what has already been shown. its been a few days since i watched it and im still pisd off.... cliffhanger aint the word. :[ :

Well, you did see a good piece of televison, a real rarity these days I'm disappointed that they cancelled too, but it's not the fault of the makers of the program - from what I understand, they didn't know the show was going to be canceled. Who knows, maybe a couple of fans could start a petition and get IDW to do a comic book contiuation of it? (Like Buffy, Angel and Firefly?)

doctorwho747

[20]Mar 27, 2012
    • level: 5

Ok I will say as with every season the finales wrap up the season long story arcs and end with a small intro of what the next season will be about. The same can be said about season 4 which actually wraps up some arcs from the previous seasons as well, so don't worry about it ending with characters in peril or some catastrophe happening it does conclude with also an idea of what season 5 would have,could have been. However not to fear, there are two novels that pick up right where the finale left off that are not only season 5 but they conclude the entire series . They are called "Welcome to Promise City" and the second one is "Promises Broken" both written by series writer David Mack. You may have a tough time finding them, I didn't even know they existed until randomly coming across them in the scifi/fantasy section at Barnes and Noble. But you could absolutely be able to order them online in some way if you need to as the books are in no way out of print