The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Laura Allen is leaving 4400 for another TV Series

vodreaux

[1]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 4
    The reason Lily Moore Tyler(Laura Allen) dies(of old age) is to leave show for another TV series.  Look here at IMDB profile:  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0020751/

There a new tv series called DIRT.  She looks like one of the main character with smaller cast.

At least it a good way to write her off the show.  It better than she just get killed by someone else.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Darkness1234

[2]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 13
    Seems like she will have the lead characther in DIRT or something, no wonder why she left The 4400. But The 4400 is a Sci-Fi show they might bring her back or something.

bracques

[3]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 9
    who's her co-stars? i think i'd like her more doing the 4400... i'm sure my country won't air dirt here....

fallenangelii

[4]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 8
    I went on here again to ask about why they decided to kill her. Her leaving the show was my biggest suspicion. Lily dying made the season 3 premiere a very sad episode for me. All throughout it, there was suspense and drama and all, but what was most important was the fact that we knew for a very long time that she'd probably eventually die.

It didn't touch me enough to make me cry like a lot of other shows have with dramatic deaths, but it made me go on the verge of tears repeatedly.

tvrev

[5]Jul 1, 2006
    • level: 23
    thanks-didn't know that

Herodite777

[6]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 8
    I thought they just felt like killing her off.

But no, they never just kill somebody off..

getmeonbnet

[7]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 4
    According to the article on Sci-fi, it was a business decision not to have her back. If she's not going to be on the show, why not take another job elsewhere? I wouldn't consider it leaving one tv show for another, if you were canned from one show and didn't even have the offer for the show you're going to be on. That may or may not be the case, but we can't assume that it was a simple, "I want leave this show for another."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/print.php?id=36546

Milks23

[8]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 50
    I googled 'Dirt' and Courteney Cox is the star of the show not Laura:

Courtesy Zapit2.com

FX Turns Over 'Dirt'
    First post-'Friends' series for Courteney Cox
    June 5 2006

Courteney CoxLOS ANGELES -- Courteney Cox is headed back to the small screen, as FX has given the green light to a show that she stars in and helped bring to life.

The cable network has ordered 13 episodes of "Dirt," which stars the former "Friend" as the editor of a duo of celebrity-obsessed magazines. The show is scheduled to go into production in August and will likely debut in early 2007.

The show, which Cox and husband David Arquette will executive produce, was one of two drama pilots FX was considering for its next round of original shows. The network has yet to make a decision on "Lowlife," a show about married con artists starring Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard.

Matthew Carnahan, a writer and producer on "Thieves" and "Fastlane," created "Dirt" and will serve as its showrunner.

"From the beginning we were excited about the world that Matthew and Courteney envisioned, and we couldn't be more thrilled to move 'Dirt' into series production," says Nick Grad, head of original programming for FX.

Cox will play Lucy Spiller, editor in chief of two high-circulation tabloids. The show's cast also includes Laura Allen ("The 4400") as an actress on the rise, Ian Hart ("Finding Neverland") as a photographer and Josh Stewart ("Third Watch") as an actor badly in need of a hit.

"Dirt" will be Cox's first TV role since "Friends." She co-stars in the feature film "Alpha Dog," which premiered at Sundance this year, and in the superhero comedy "Zoom" opposite Tim Allen.