The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Rumor - No Season 5

SoylentYellow

[1]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 21

Hope this is just a rumor and is not true, but considering the lack of newsof renewal I wouldnot be suprised if it was true.They should at least conclude with a 3 part miniseries that would cover the ultimate fate of the The 4400, the positives and how the future changed as a result.

Maybe we could all send USA 25 tons of promicin! LOL ! Hey, it worked with CBS and the 25 tons of peanuts for JERICHO. Ok, not actual promicin, since it doesnt actually exist, but empty bottles that are shown on the USA website (sending bottles with a lookalike liquid would be a bad idea in a post 9-11 world). Find a distributor where fans could pool their money to purchase and ship bulk orders of bottles to USA's doorstep.

Here is what NUTSONLINE did for JERICHO (40,000+ pounds of nuts - 20 tons)

http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin95.html

From the USA 4400 boards.

http://forums.usanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=394538&st=0

"I just talked to a family member that lives in Southern California (Santa Clarita). She knows I am a big fan of the show, and told me that one of her co-workers came in today after lunch and had just overheard at a restaurant several people talking very angrily about the show not being renewed for a 5th season. Apparently they had found out this morning.

I asked her who the people were and she said her co-worker did not know, but that it wasn't any of the actors.

Maybe someone on here can verify if there is anyone even in the Souther Cal area who would be involved with the show.
    I don't have any way to substantiate this (obviously) so please don't jump to conclusions.

With the way that USA has kept its loyal fans in the dark about this, I just wanted to give you guys any information that I had.

This post has been edited by docpoco: Yesterday, 06:00 PM "

Edited on 10/23/2007 12:38pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

farscapefanuk

[2]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 32
    I really hope this news is not true. Well hopefully we will find out soon if it is.

SMGslayer97

[3]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 34
    I don't want the show to end yet, I mean I wasn't the biggest fan of the last two seasons but I really think we need one more to bring closure to the series. Even if it is a shortened season, I'll take anything.

Smoker25

[4]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 15
    ok. considering this is my favorite show. if you get something going ill help in anyway i can.

Deweyp

[5]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 12
    It is just the waiting to find out I can't stand.

MoCrovellie

[6]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 11

I also hope that the news isn't real and that they will atleast finish of the series.

Npayer

[7]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    I really hope USA Network is not as stupid as Fox and ABC were when they cancelled Arrested Development and Life As We Know It, respectively. The 4400 is a great show and we, fans, deserve to know what really happened and how the world will change. Word.
    Edited on 10/28/2007 8:48am

copygeek

[8]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 13
    Well, I thought the show was filmed in Canada, so I doubt that a conversation overheard in a restaurant in California had any relation to people who work with the show. This is the first I've heard about The 4400 not getting renewed, so we'll have to be on the lookout for something more conclusive.

CAPNDEL

[9]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 14
    I hope this show gets at least another season picked up.

Milks23

[10]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 50
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    I don't want the show to end yet, I mean I wasn't the biggest fan of the last two seasons but I really think we need one more to bring closure to the series. Even if it is a shortened season, I'll take anything.

I agree. Last season 4th season was bad...but we need closure

Deweyp

[11]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 12
    I would like to have another mini-series like it started with I think it would be a nice way to finish it off.

wb2194

[12]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 5
    The 4400 has bottomed out, jumped the shark, actually
    the writing could be credited to Grade5 students who are definitely smarter than the clowns who earn a living writing the crappola we watch....

SoylentYellow

[13]Nov 2, 2007
    • level: 21

Deweyp wrote:
    I would like to have another mini-series like it started with I think it would be a nice way to finish it off.

A 6 part miniseries (like Season 1) would be good to finish up the series. Things like how history has been changed (or has it?) and how events would unfold and what the world would be like in the future. Better? Worse? The same? Would a war break out between the negatives and positives? Would Seattle be quarantind or nuked? Would the people with powers being fighting each other? Some of them are clearly not nice people.

They said the Season 4 finale was written to be both a cliff hanger and a conclusion but the ending left more questions than answers. Perhaps rumors of cancellation were planted by USA/producers of The 4400 to guage fan reaction? Possibly. Im going to watch the USA 4400 message boards for an indication of how things are going. Of course, if they do officially announce the series is over, more fans might get involved in trying to at least get a 1/2 season extension. Even HEROES has lost 2-3 million viewers since the peak lastseasonwith a sub par Season 2. Maybe people are getting super powered-out?

They might be deciding how to handle a wrap up of the series - it could explain why they havent announced anything officially yet. Plus the impending writers strike could affect any decision on more episodes.

Edited on 11/02/2007 11:07am

tuliusy2k

[14]Nov 2, 2007
    • level: 1

So...looks like we don't have news yet...

You know fellows that, 1 week ago I've been watching some "Hee Rose" chapters and found SO MUCH SIMILARITY among the 2 series..Haven't the 4400 started before? So..why the other one still is on TV and the 44's we are still waiting to see if will continue or not?

matwamango

[15]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 41
    So i guess this is bad news or is this where no news is good news. I didn't like the way the 44OO ended. For closure i wanted another season of it or even a mini-series is fine like some one suggested before.

ndk28

[18]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 7

matwamango wrote:
    So i guess this is bad news or is this where no news is good news. I didn't like the way the 44OO ended. For closure i wanted another season of it or even a mini-series is fine like some one suggested before.

Yeah, I totally agree. I didn't like the ending of the 4th season. They really should do another mini-series just to give the fans some closure.

Smoker25

[19]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 15

wb2194 wrote:
    The 4400 has bottomed out, jumped the shark, actually the writing could be credited to Grade5 students who are definitely smarter than the clowns who earn a living writing the crappola we watch....

the last season wasnt very good, they brought up the marked out of nowhere and made them a big deal/part of it. Yet, the final episode was very good and I would like a closure season...

ninjasrmammals1

[20]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    So you just assume that everyone involved with the 4400 lives in Canada?

Its produced by CBS paramount, which has its HQ in LA.