The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Rumor - No Season 5

Fulhead

[21]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 1

I'm no expert but the open way the series ended prehaps suggests that they were, at least at the time, postive about Series 5's chances/

Think about it, they write episodes during filming, so Network execs would be giving them feedback as they were going along. And surely if they had been told it was likely they'd get no renewal they would have been more final with S4?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nightbird47

[22]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 1

Im not sure with the strike that this is going to be as effective as it would when things are in produciton, but writing polite letters to USA network telling them that you watched 4400, demographics of ages and location and a suggestion that it be renewed now would not be a bad thing. Remember the three rules. Be polite, be firm and be individual.

Polite because you listne to polite letters and think more of them and get a bad impression of rants. Be firm about what you want, don't wander and babble and suggest why it would be a good deal for them. You're talking to them and need to see how they think. Individual because letters are read. If they find fifteen copies of the same letter, fourteen go in the trash and one on the count of letters. Hand write an origional letter that is polite and persusave and you have the optimum.

Its also a time to support the writers and the show. Jericho fans are sending boxes of skake trinkets with a letter that its from us. We will be writing the studios about the strike, but when you say I want to see Jericho they know it comes from a specific fandom. Perhaps 4400 fans should send letters in support of the strike to USA, (urging the strike be settled before it causes the loss of the entire season and all that revenue) and say that you want to see more episodes of 4400. Double purpose, reminding them of how much money they lose when sweeps come and go and ad costs go south, and a firm I'm a 4400 fan and want more of the show.

Sending stuff may not be the best idea during the strike, but ideas can be gathered. Writing now is the best thing you can do. But don't sit around and say I hope they bring us back...be vocal and make sure they know your out there. And have plans waiting.

downthehatch

[23]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    tuliusy2k wrote:

So...looks like we don't have news yet...

You know fellows that, 1 week ago I've been watching some "Hee Rose" chapters and found SO MUCH SIMILARITY among the 2 series..Haven't the 4400 started before? So..why the other one still is on TV and the 44's we are still waiting to see if will continue or not?

I am right with you on the many similarities between the 2 shows. IMO 4400 is way more complex that Heroes will ever be. Heroes has more of an audience for obvious reasons. The 4400 didn't really have great advertising or buzz these last couple of years.

downthehatch

[24]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    Yes, Writing a good old fashioned letter and sending it via mail is really the best way. Emails don't work. If you do send a letter, don't rant about them not making a decision etc. As Nightbird mentioned, be polite and let them know how much the show means to you and how much you liked it.

MBlaque

[25]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 5

This sucks, but at least it will be back after the strike...........

"According to vice president of the Canadian branch of the AMPTP Don Cott, the end is in sight for several shows. He estimates that Aliens in America and Reaper will stop production later this month, Supernatural will stop filming in early December, Men in Trees will shoot through mid-January, and Smallville will continue production through January 23. Psych, The 4400, and Kyle XY have all already gone dark."

Herodite777

[26]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    Already gone dark? That means they have started production no? Or started it...then it stopped.

I highly doubt USA won't show a season 5-it's one of their top shows.

Deweyp

[27]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 12
    Well its official there is no season five but it had a good run and at least we know now.

Katara0017

[28]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yes no Season 5 it was calcelled