The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Should Sci-Fi Network pickup The 4400?

Should Sci-Fi pickup The 4400?

Darkness1234

[1]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    I was thinking since Battlestar Galactica is finishing and I think Sci-Fi needs more shows, I thought they should pickup The 4400, it is a brilliant show and I think it should be picked up at least by another network.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

secrets710

[2]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 21
    battlestar galactia? soory, the only sci-fi show i watch is...you guessed it, the 4400. some other network should definitely pick it up, i miss the 4400!

Darkness1234

[3]Jun 4, 2008

The least they could do is make a movie to tie up all the loose ends, if a movie costs too much make a book or even an online comic book that won't cost them too much.

Edited on 06/04/2008 1:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.

secrets710

[4]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 21
    i dont think they could still make a movie or something, as the actors have all gotten too old for their roles. im not sure about the comic book, either.........
    but yea, they need SOMETHING to tie up the loose ends, cause the finale they had, was IMO, suckish.

PrestoBoy

[5]Jun 7, 2008
    Actors too old? It's only been a year, if that. I'm deffinately rooting for a tv movie tie up, that would be nice. I miss this show. And I always believed it should have been given a fifth season as the producers had always planned it to be a 5 season series. I don't understand how a suck fest like The Dead Zone got 6 seasons and The 4400 which was still going strong got cut off at 4. Sci Fi, USA, NBC I don't care who does it but someone needs to make a tv movie to tie up the loose ends.

ymike673

[6]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    Its probably too late for a 5th season to be made. All the sets have been destroyed and I'm sure the actors are working on other projects. But it would be great if a "wrap-up" movie could be made sometime in the future to tie up the loose ends. As far as the actors getting older thats easy to resolve. You just have the movie take place X years in the future.

hams_mac

[7]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    Anyone should pick it up. It has to be allowed to finish!

triogirl

[8]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 14

I wish somebody would pick it up! I miss it so much and every Sunday I remember nothing's on because The 4400 is gone. I think SciFi could use another series. If they do pick it up it's probably to late....so they could show repeats!

I totally agree that they need to make a TV movie or something to tie up all the lose ends.

magenta_witch

[9]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    I just want to know what happens!

I'd even be happy with a book as long as the story has an ending.

blizeH

[10]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 3
    I think it'd be a great acquisition for the sci-fi show, and great for the show's viewers of course too

TVvuer69

[11]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 58
    It's unlikely to happen for the network to produce new episodes, but reruns did air on SFC for a couple of months. It would be a good idea for them to have the entire series air now that the show's cancelled.

Idbeolderifiwas

[12]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 20
    Of course it would be nice to get anything to close off the cliffhanger, whether that be a movie, another season, anything just to give us the close that the show deserves.

Katara0017

[13]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    A big YES

friendlyiris

[14]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    Good news! There will be a book that picks up where the season 4 leaves off! I got it straight from reading an interview with the writers of the 4400! I for one will be looking for the book!

gothceltgirl

[15]Sep 18, 2008
    Good to know there will be a book. Its too bad that such a great series had to get cancelled considering it made it all the way to its 4th season. Does anyone else see the similarity between The 4400 & Heroes?

alinar100

[16]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 1

It sucks whenever you start watching a real good TV series and suddenly the station cancels the show It has happened to me too often, to the point I am really thinking of retiring from TV series watching. Not only do I feel frustrated, and mad, but very dissapointed with producers and people in the industry.It happened to me with X Files, Lost, Invasion and now 4400.Thanks God they did a sort of nice ending for Prison Break(except Michael's death.Why did they have to kill him at the end? I hated that), one of my fav.I wonder when they will cut the 24th series. I liked the ending for 4400 but not what I expected. I feel the people who made this show were pressured to end it and did the best they could, but it should not have ended. It was so good, one of the best, I have watched; so much, that I bought the complete series to see it in whole.TV is having a lot of lack of respect for their audiences in the past years, ending the most wanted series without a good reason. Audience doesn't get bored with good series, they get angered when you take them away.If I were a TV series producer I would be doing the series again, adding more seasons and getting a better ending. I would like to see Alana's return, Tom's new ability and Isabelle returned (they can do that, remember they come from the future so they can send Isabelle back, the good guys that is)marry her to Kyle and be part of the Promised City.

Why do I write this two years later? Well very simple. I live in Puerto Rico, they just started the series here last month, Yes last month, on a local channel, end of May,2009, and they give 15 min series the rest is commercials, so I got sick of commercial, they are too much, series should be 45 min and 15 min commercials, not the other way around, that is the main reason people stop watching, excess of commercials, not because series are bad. I stopped watching and bought the whole series at Amazon, cost me 66 bucks and I am glad I paid for it, it was well my money's worth. The series are superb, give them them a 12 if the rating existed.I want more of it. I hope someone reads this and make it happen because I know a lot of people who wanted more too, like me.The casting was better than most I have seen, the characters made such a good chemistry, so convincing, it felt like real people, real world.I want to thank the person who wrote the script, excellent! the actors and the ones who made it possible for giving me so many hours of entertaining(took me 5 days, four hours daily watch) to see it. Thank You!

birddog200

[17]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    alinar100 wrote:

It sucks whenever you start watching a real good TV series and suddenly the station cancels the show It has happened to me too often, to the point I am really thinking of retiring from TV series watching. Not only do I feel frustrated, and mad, but very dissapointed with producers and people in the industry.It happened to me with X Files, Lost, Invasion and now 4400.Thanks God they did a sort of nice ending for Prison Break(except Michael's death.Why did they have to kill him at the end? I hated that), one of my fav.I wonder when they will cut the 24th series. I liked the ending for 4400 but not what I expected. I feel the people who made this show were pressured to end it and did the best they could, but it should not have ended. It was so good, one of the best, I have watched; so much, that I bought the complete series to see it in whole.TV is having a lot of lack of respect for their audiences in the past years, ending the most wanted series without a good reason. Audience doesn't get bored with good series, they get angered when you take them away.If I were a TV series producer I would be doing the series again, adding more seasons and getting a better ending. I would like to see Alana's return, Tom's new ability and Isabelle returned (they can do that, remember they come from the future so they can send Isabelle back, the good guys that is)marry her to Kyle and be part of the Promised City.

Why do I write this two years later? Well very simple. I live in Puerto Rico, they just started the series here last month, Yes last month, on a local channel, end of May,2009, and they give 15 min series the rest is commercials, so I got sick of commercial, they are too much, series should be 45 min and 15 min commercials, not the other way around, that is the main reason people stop watching, excess of commercials, not because series are bad. I stopped watching and bought the whole series at Amazon, cost me 66 bucks and I am glad I paid for it, it was well my money's worth. The series are superb, give them them a 12 if the rating existed.I want more of it. I hope someone reads this and make it happen because I know a lot of people who wanted more too, like me.The casting was better than most I have seen, the characters made such a good chemistry, so convincing, it felt like real people, real world.I want to thank the person who wrote the script, excellent! the actors and the ones who made it possible for giving me so many hours of entertaining(took me 5 days, four hours daily watch) to see it. Thank You!

So they only show 15 minutes of a single episode? Or do they show 1 episode over 3 hours?

alfridavella

[18]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    yes i heard that they continue with the book but what i read not mentioned shawn . He`s my favorite i feels so sorry for him he the most one that he lost and done alot of good ans so i would like that something great will happen to it. Ayway i still i`m going to buy the book just to know but i hoped something something about Shawn. I know now for sure they wont pick it up and that is a shame

MCGlenn1981

[19]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 6
    friendlyiris wrote:
    Good news! There will be a book that picks up where the season 4 leaves off! I got it straight from reading an interview with the writers of the 4400! I for one will be looking for the book!

Anyone got any news on that book.

I really like heroes but I thought this show was better and had a better plot.