The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

The 4400 cancelled

Mafeu

[1]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 69
    Jacqueline McKenzie (Diana Skouris) posted news on her official website regarding The 4400 yesterday.

Jacqueline McKenzie wrote:
    Hello there and welcome back... so it's Dec 12 and still no official word on The 4400.... Thank you for all your messages of support on the Myspace site, I really appreciate it and I'm sure Ira and Scottie and the gang really appreciate all your petitions! YAY Flo in France! You rock! Although we might normally have had our official pick up by November, this is not a 'normal' time.... If you've not heard, there is an humungous writers strike going on in America right now. For info you can check out: http://www.wga.org/
    Unfortunately, this spells for a rocky time in Hollywood and beyond. The ripple effect has reached Promise City, that's for sure. With no new episodes being ordered, they are selling off our costumes and dismantling the sets at our studio home in Vancouver BC. The cast and crew are all pretty bummed to say the least... but hay, never say die! Look what happened with "Dead Again"... that show was officially cancelled and still made a comeback.... So watch this space!

If the show does not go ahead into a 5th season, I will be so sad to say goodbye! I cannot begin to tell you what an amazing experience it has been. From the first meeting with Maira, Scottie and Ira in a room on Pico all those moons ago... and then being asked back to read with Joely (who was already cast as Tom Baldwin)... and then being directed by the wonderful Yves Simmoneau at the final screentest-there in a boardroom with 20 suits! Well, it surely has been one hell-of-a-heavenly ride! I will miss the crew so terribly- too many to name here- and Hershal will miss all his pals too. My bod will probably never be the same without the incredible training I've had with "Miss D" (Danielle Steiner!)... I'm already a bootcamp desperado- and I've not even had Christmas pudding!! So I've just signed to a new trainer here in Oz! Yes, Chief is whopping my a#% into serious shape....OOUUUCH! Seriously though, I'm finding it hard to keep to the subject: possibly having to bid The 4400 farewell...It's too scary!! What will I do without my buddy Joel!? We have come through so much together. I've so enjoyed witnessing his level of commitment to the scripts and to his character- he's a true inspiration... and what about lovely Pattie and his adventures and his childlike awe at everything around him and Aussie Jen with her off-the-set aussie banter and Megalyn with the dancing eyes and the nutty Ninja and the ever gracious and graceful Ali and the wicked Billy C and the hilarious Jeffrey Combes and sweet Sommer and the gorgeous and loyal Richard Kahan and the hotto potoootie Kaj, and the chick we all miss terribly again- the one and only Sam Farris! This is only a little of the cast.... but they are really like family to me- with Scottie and Ira and Maira as our elders and darling Josie Ochej, our sister girl.... Don't get me started! Seriously, "don't even get me started"...

In the meantime, I'm keeping this shorter than usual as I'm taking Hersh to the dog beach - it's low tide and it also looks fit to rain... so, one way or another we're going to get wet!

I want to thank you for stopping by my site and sharing the music and paintings - I just do them because I just love to do them and they are fun to share...

And I want to wish you the happiest of Christmases and Holidays! May it be one filled with love, friendship and a feeling of belonging. Cheers big ears!

jm
    Edited on 11/16/2008 4:05am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jfmet99

[2]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 2
    That blows...syupid writers strike. This was one of the best shows on TV. Hopefully it is not the end

fbicrimefanatic

[3]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 6

No,no.no....just because the sets and wardrobes are being dismantled does not mean that the show will not be back for a new season. Because of the strike, there are a lot of shows that have been affected and are up in the air.

You guys have to realize what is involved with getting a new season. First of all, the network has to make a bid for the show. How does that happen? It happens when the viewers let them know they want and demand to have the show. When a strike comes into the mix of all this, it can put things on hold.

Please don't tell anyone that the show has ended because there are so many things up in the air behind the scenes. The writers and actors have said they want Season 5, and the show is still being considered, so do not make a judgement solely based on sets being dismantled. Jacqui McKenzie said herself that it doens't mean the show is ended.

This is not the end of the road.

Please write to Bonnie Hammer at the USA Network, and cast your vote for the show:

USA Network
    30 Rockefeller Plaza, 21st Floor
    New York, NY 10112

thanks!

Mafeu

[4]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 69
    I didn't claim the show was over, however, this new isn't exactly good. The fact that Psych and Burn Notice have already been renewed for a further season doesn't inspire confidence within me.

The second season was ordered October 2004, the third September 2005 and the fourth was ordered August 2006.

fbicrimefanatic wrote:

No,no.no....just because the sets and wardrobes are being dismantled does not mean that the show will not be back for a new season. Because of the strike, there are a lot of shows that have been affected and are up in the air.

You guys have to realize what is involved with getting a new season. First of all, the network has to make a bid for the show. How does that happen? It happens when the viewers let them know they want and demand to have the show. When a strike comes into the mix of all this, it can put things on hold.

Please don't tell anyone that the show has ended because there are so many things up in the air behind the scenes. The writers and actors have said they want Season 5, and the show is still being considered, so do not make a judgement solely based on sets being dismantled. Jacqui McKenzie said herself that it doens't mean the show is ended.

This is not the end of the road.

Please write to Bonnie Hammer at the USA Network, and cast your vote for the show:

USA Network
    30 Rockefeller Plaza, 21st Floor
    New York, NY 10112

thanks!

SMGslayer97

[5]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 34
    :gulp: I'm scared! This doesn't seem good at all.

Bl00dWork

[6]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    "To all the wonderful fans of The 4400

It's with great sadness that I pass along to you the information I've just received -- The 4400 has been cancelled. We've had a great time bringing you this story and submersing you in the lives of all these incredible characters. Thank you especially to the folks on the board here whose tireless devotion to the show is nothing short of remarkable. Shout out to Bubba, by the way! I love your posts, man.

I just spoke to Joel and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we'll miss our family that is our crew and our cast... and our fans. But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!

So let me raise my metaphorical glass to you all and thank you for being so loyal and so dedicated. I wish we could go on forever, but the party has come to an end. Be well and on behalf of all of us at The 4400 -- thank you, it's been a pleasure.

Scott Peters
    Creator / Executive Producer
    The 4400"

http://forums.usanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=395858

Adara47

[7]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 12
    Well that totally sucks!! At least there was a proper end to last season though, we can be thankful for that. But I felt like it was just starting to get good again and know it is gone A pity that we will never get to know the ending of the whole 4400 concept.

SoylentYellow

[8]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 21

Cant say Im suprised, as numerous reports have indicated cancellation,but they should have announced this sooner.

The producer should shop the show around - SCI-FI has put on some real duds lately including Flash Gordon and really really bad made for TV movies - they could use a show like The 4400. It would have been nice for them to at least had a miniseries to show how the future changed and show us what the future actually looks like now vs. what it looked like before.

In the mean time,USA should transfer the show to NBC and rerun HEROES Season 1 followed by The 4400. This wont happen but its would be nice. At least until the writers strike nonsense is settled.

Trekscaper

[9]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    Bl00dWork wrote:
    "To all the wonderful fans of The 4400

It's with great sadness that I pass along to you the information I've just received -- The 4400 has been cancelled. We've had a great time bringing you this story and submersing you in the lives of all these incredible characters. Thank you especially to the folks on the board here whose tireless devotion to the show is nothing short of remarkable. Shout out to Bubba, by the way! I love your posts, man.

I just spoke to Joel and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we'll miss our family that is our crew and our cast... and our fans. But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!

So let me raise my metaphorical glass to you all and thank you for being so loyal and so dedicated. I wish we could go on forever, but the party has come to an end. Be well and on behalf of all of us at The 4400 -- thank you, it's been a pleasure.

Scott Peters
    Creator / Executive Producer
    The 4400"

http://forums.usanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=395858

Damn, I am really upset that we waited so long just to hear that the 4400 is cancelled.

fire26bee

[10]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    That'd be my biggest beef that they waited until December to cancel the show. What idiots. NBC wouldn't know a good show now if it bit off its face. The days of NBC airing good shows like ``Seinfeld,'' ``Friends'' and so on is a distant memory. ``Heroes'' to me is their only good show that I'm watching, and that is done for the year no thanks to this idiot strike. For that, I fault both sides for not beginning *SERIOUS* negotiations sooner. I know why they waited so late, and I understand why the studios have dug in their heels. I still blame both sides. At least, I have a massive DVD collection that I can watch until they come to some collective sense.

SVU_number_1fan

[11]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    i am not a fan but i saw this and i screamed if i was i would be truley devstated i am so sry guys USA canceling sci-fi double dose, say reports; alleged post by 4400 creator says "at least we got to go out with a bang." Yesterday brought good news for a pair of USA Network shows. NBC announced that Monk and Psych would make the jump from basic cable to prime-time broadcast television in March, as the network repurposes shows from NBC-owned USA. 4400 86'd. Unfortunately, yesterday also brought news for two USA shows that falls way on the other side of the "good/bad" spectrum. It all began with a post on the USA message boards by a user named "SPeters," who claimed to be Scott Peters, creator and executive producer of The 4400. In his post he made the sullen announcement that The 4400 has been canceled, and thanked all the show's fans and crew. "I just spoke to [star] Joel [Gretsch] and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we'll miss our family that is our crew and our cast... and our fans," reads the post. "But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!" One may balk at the validity of the post, and the fact that the username was created only yesterday and has a history of just that one post probably leads most 4400 fans to believe someone is just pulling their collective leg. "You're going to get an ice cream headache...a bad one." Unfortunately, not only does it look the cancelation is true, but it appears The 4400 isn't alone. TV Guide's Michael Ausiello is reporting that USA is canceling both The 4400 and The Dead Zone. Both sci-fi shows anchored USA's Sunday nights and last aired new episodes in September. The 4400, about a group of alien abductees who return to Earth, finished its fourth season and developed a loyal fan base. The Dead Zone, based loosely on the Stephen King novel of the same name and starring Anthony Michael Hall, leaves us after six seasons. The USA Network has not made an official announcement on either show. Requests for comment from parent company NBC Universal were not returned as of press time.

elchavo117

[12]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    Well it is over and done with I am really pissed. I really wanted to see what would happen on the 4400 after the spread of promicin in seattle I guess we will never know. I hate when good shows end like this.

triogirl

[13]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 14
    This is CRAP! They show at least get to have on big TV movie and really sum up everything. I'mso mad.

ndk28

[14]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    Noooo!!! It can't end now?!?! I just started watching it the last season and got hooked on it!!! Ahh!!! They should at least try to wrap it up in a four part mini series, or something. I hated how the last episode ended, with Jordan winning and all. I really wanted to see what would happen after the town had becoming promicin positive! And we never found out if Tom took the shot or not!!! Grr... too many loose ends!!!
    Edited on 12/19/2007 6:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

djariya

[15]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 19
    It had a good run. It sucks that it's been cancelled, but I'm not surprised since the ratings haven't been that great for the past few seasons and I assume USA pays CBS/Paramount a pretty large sum of money to produce this show.

RIP The 4400

Placebo_obecalP

[16]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 13
    Cancelling this is an utterly sh!t thing to do, the past 4 seasons have been great and the writing was getting better and better, it had so much more life left in it

Sadik2k7

[17]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 9

"Nuts"...

Don_Moltisanti

[18]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 12
    Why do the studios not just SACK all the god dam writers. Get new ones and get everytiong going again.

If this is not resolved soon the writers are going to ruin alot of TV shows, how many have been affect now, and how many have had story lines cut out of them?

SACK THE WRITERS, they are going to kill every show this year.
    Just get rid of them all, i think we should all start a petition about the A!! Hole writers and see how quickly they settle then, they signed a contract to write a show, they agreed to get paid what they get paid.

In my job if my company makes 1 million every year and then makes 2 mil the next year i cant go on strike andf demand more money i would just be sacked and so should they.

Placebo_obecalP

[19]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 13

Oh grow the hell up, perhaps when you're a bit older and have a family to support you'll realise that's there's so much more to life than having your TV shows written for you, studios are just using the timing of the strike to cancel shows because they know the writers will face some flak for it.

You really think writers earn such a large amount they don't need to worry about protecting their futures? Hugh Laurie supposedly gets $350k for each episode of House, how much do you think the writers get? Without good writers we won't have good TV shows, as we say in England, pay peanuts and you get monkeys, season 6 of the dead zone is a good example of that.

Aris1013

[20]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    ...oh well it did seem like it was slowly dropping off in plot. I just hope the writers strike ends soon...I miss my shows