The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

The 4400 cancelled

Botje

[41]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 5
    Cancelled??? CANCELLED??? OMG! This is CRAP! Can they at least wrap things up, end the story somehow. Because it feels like I have been wasting my time this way!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SgtHydra

[42]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 10

Cancelled?

NOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOO!!!

Wait... I stopped watching this show mid-last season cause it got boring.

*runs off before rabid fans bite off legs*

MoonCloud217

[43]May 1, 2008
    • level: 7
    I didn't find out until today, and I was shocked too, but we can't loose hope!

entity0

[44]May 27, 2008
    • level: 28
    this series really needs to return i sure hope the sunflower seeds helped =D i know i sent in my fair share!

hams_mac

[45]Jun 10, 2008
    NoOooocooOoOOOoOOO~!

skylinegtr78

[46]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    The fact that so many good shows have been canceled in the past 2-3 years is proof that these idiots who run these networks dont know a good show even if it got up, kicked them in the face and threw them from their tall buildings! Instead we get these terrible "reality" tv shows that ruin TV for the whole world to replace original ideas like the 4400! Every single "reality" tv show is a rip-off of some foreign plot, nothing original which just shows the sorry state of "entertainment" in the modern world!

Screw you USAnetwork, the truth is your network doesn't deserve this great show and I hope your business suffers greatly for insulting us with a cancellation!

GavinGibbons

[47]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 29
    can anyone tell me if the story arc gets round up and the show wrapped, only im thinking about watching the show!!! looks good, i have seen the trailer for season 4 on tv.com!

OMGWTFLOL99

[48]Jun 30, 2008

That sucks. I loved this show.

I love how it's different than all of those other shows with people that have special abilities. These people weren't born with them, there wasn't an accident that caused them, and every season they find a way to increase the amount of people that have abilities, showing that it can't be stopped, and eventually the world will be filled with them.

That's what I loved about it, the fact that the possibilities were limitless. First it starts out with maybe 10-20 known people with abilities. Then more people start surfacing with abilities, probably 50-100 or so. Then they get them all off of the inhibitor and all of the surviving 4400 supposedly develop their abilities. Then they start passing out the needles, and there's a note about 6000 people dying, so theoretically there are another 6000 with abilities. Then Danny gets his plague-like ability and countless thousands now have powers.

I can't believe it was cancelled.

alleyd93

[49]Aug 21, 2008
    did you know that they decided in season 5[before cancellation] they would reveal who was behind the abductions. how silly is that

rayality

[50]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    since this show premiered, every summer I would have my daily dosage of "the 4400." Unfortunately, the show has been cancelled indefinitely and we will never get any closure to this series. Instead, I have to substute this with heroes. not that i'm not enjoying heroes, but i miss these characters and their stories. the last season was superb in my opinion. rip 4ver.

imyourvirus

[51]Aug 29, 2008
    damnit

Katara0017

[52]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Reallt sad!!!

Hair_Metal_Kev

[53]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 4
    alleyd93 wrote:
    did you know that they decided in season 5[before cancellation] they would reveal who was behind the abductions. how silly is that

Why is that silly thats an important question that was never really answered. We don't know enough about what happened in the future that justified abducting 4400 people in my opinion. Also things like why the marked didn't just go back in time before Jordan was abducted and kill him there and then etc etc.

mrswhitlock

[54]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 2
    Of all the times to cancel a show! it wasa very weird place to break off. I was always a season behind, to I guess I got caught up really late, but it is such a shame...

36th_Phantom

[56]Oct 14, 2008
    iwatchitall wrote:
    It's about time they cancelled this stupid show. What a waste of time!
    this coming from someone that watched "alias" "Dawsons creek" and "Clone high USA" yes my friend all shows that should have been cancelled about 2 seasons too early rather than being stretched out and losing there magic

36th_Phantom

[57]Oct 14, 2008
    4400 hundred ruled, i hope it gets a tv movie... saying that i may read the books now

iwatchitall

[58]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 15
    36th_Phantom wrote:
    iwatchitall wrote:
    It's about time they cancelled this stupid show. What a waste of time!
    this coming from someone that watched "alias" "Dawsons creek" and "Clone high USA" yes my friend all shows that should have been cancelled about 2 seasons too early rather than being stretched out and losing there magic

Sweet, I was moderated for my quote above, which to me sounds a lot like the suppression of truth and free speech. I agree with you that Alias and Dawsons Creek dragged on after a few seasons, for example, season 3 of Alias was weak and a horrible rehash of already been done episodes, but season 4 had a great ending, and I agree that the last 2 seasons of Dawsons Creek concluded nothing that couldn't have been done in a few episodes. The 4400 on the other hand was derivative and monotonous from season 1 episode 1 with no redeeming characteristics onward. In my mind many aspects of the 4400, tanked from the beginning, and if that's flaming a show, then so be it, but to me, it was just a show with another X-files Roswell Old News ridiculous scifi devoted fan base like CSI and Law and Order watchers, who were tuning into a tedious inevitablity, as is clearly seen by its cancellation. I've actually put myself through the torture of season 1 and the first half of season 2. The hook may have been strong enough for you, but it was so unbelievably repetitive and slow that I wonder why it lasted so long. To quell my curiosity, I have some questions for Phantom, what was the specific appeal of the 4400 to you (acting/actors, special effects, story), and what do you have against Clone High? Clone High was only on TV for one season so I don't see the connection with Alias and Dawsons Creek which lasted too long, but in all, Clone High was phenomenal hilarity?? ...forrah, suppah, Iyeerah wannah pahty PLATTAH!!!... As well, you bashing my likes and dislikes is a personal attack, and bashing Alias, Dawsons Creek and Clone High, would that not also be considered flaming a show for no reason? So I stand on my above opinion and I find that there is no justice on this site for moderation, and there is no freedom of speech when discussing the lack luster shoddy production value of derivative television like the 4400, and many others.

clz2000

[60]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 1
    What a pity. I like it so much . anyone know when it returns?
    Edited on 03/19/2009 6:38am