TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The 4400 Forums

USA (ended 2007)

Would You take promicin??

Would You take promicin??

PKtechGirl

[21]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 12

If Dr Burkoff's test shows me I would survive, I absolutely would take the shot.

I'm to bored with the real life not to take it. But I don't have a death wish so if I would die then I would be with out taking it.

Edited on 08/14/2007 2:40am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jaikeb

[22]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    Well since I'm left handed I figure I have better than 50/50 chance. I just hope I don't end up with a stupid or annoying power like some chick talking in my ear like kyle.
    Edited on 09/02/2007 9:52pm

Don_Moltisanti

[23]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 12
    I would def take it, if you die you die, u wont know about it in a min or so. The whole 50-50 thing doesnt really bother me, i can see where Collier is coming from, he knows that if will create a divide in the world and needs everyone to take it.

If the world is so messed u in the future and everyone is dead then he is saving lives.
    OK you wipe out half the population now but then you would have a great world for the rest of time. Where people dont get murdered, raped,all that crap. SO the world would repopulate in time,

The only thing i really hate that this is the last episode coming up and i hated having to wait so long for this season to start, i only watched the first 2 episodes this year then waited til i thought they were all out and watched thejm all last nite, only to realize that there is still one left. I really hope Tom gets back to his old self and we find out what happened to Alana. Or did i miss that?

PaxPhoenix

[24]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 11
    50% chance of death is too scary. I'd say no, unless if I were a promicin-positive.

amerus

[25]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    hell ya could be intresting.

th_ffan

[26]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 14
    Well, since I'm left-handed, I'd take the shot. Kevin said that nine out of ten of the left-handed people who took the shot survived, so why not? Those are VERY good odds!

imyourvirus

[27]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    th_ffan wrote:
    Well, since I'm left-handed, I'd take the shot. Kevin said that nine out of ten of the left-handed people who took the shot survived, so why not? Those are VERY good odds!

hehe I haven't made it that far in the series but yeah I already voted yes, and well if I can get my odds up to 90% I'm surely gonna be down, if I was already down at 50% btw I'm left-handed, glad to see another person in their 'right'-mind with me

kimchisucks

[28]Oct 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    I'd take the shot.

supercyke

[29]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 7
    i would wait for the test to see if you live or die because kevin said left hand people would live and i cant do anythink with my left hand so i would wait

Angehelix

[30]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    No way! If i could choose my power then i probaly would but the risk is to great.

spock0709

[31]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    If everything in the 4400 was actully happining i would take the shot. Id probably be nervous at first but i would join JC's revolution to change the world

zero899cool

[32]Oct 13, 2007
    No!!!!!!

uofc57

[33]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 16
    I think if I had nothing to lose - no family, no real connections - and if I was living in the 4400 world, I would take it. The fact that everyone says the 50-50 chance is a necessary sacrifice does bother me, as it sounds elitist. But let's face it: this is a fictional world with a nonexistant future unless the whole world takes promicin. So if I lived in the show's world, I would take it. But this world - no way. I like my life too much.

adiv07

[34]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    yes i would take it...

nuveausapien

[35]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 1

People are taking drugs everyday with potentially fatal side effects listed on the label and on the insert given by pharmacists. Yet we keep taking these drugs to lose weight, gain weight, be happier, be mellow-er, wake up, go to sleep, improve our memory, and forget our problems. Stories fill the news almost daily of the deadly results: heart attacks, comas, killing fellow workers and students, killing ourselves. Almost none of these drugs have been proven conclusively to work. True science would dictate that before a drug were considered for treatment, it would be proven to be successful in double blind studies at least more than half the time. But these is not the standards that pharmaceutical companies are required to meet. Recently the FDA succumbed to pressure to But we keep on taking them. We keep looking for the easy way out. Frankly, I think a lot of us would take Promiacin and a lot of us would even give it to our kids. We may not like to admit it but we already take risks just as deadly with far less potential gain. In fact, the most vociferous objections will come from those who subject their own offspring to these dangers for the sake of convenience or out of sheer laziness. Wait for it, wait for it....okay, here come the sparks...

tv_daydreamer

[36]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    I like my nice little boring life, thank you very much.

zero899cool

[37]Dec 23, 2007
    tv_daydreamer wrote:
    I like my nice little boring life, thank you very much.

ahahha!! It's just not worth the 50/50 risk.

buffyjl

[38]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 20

emma5000 wrote:
    and become part in a strange superhuman cult, dealing quite careless with the fact that half of the people shooting up the stuff won't survive

Since you put it that way, how could we resist!

buffyjl

[39]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 20

th_ffan wrote:

I'm right handed. So if I take it and survive, my power may be being LEFT-handed.

ma_liky

[40]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 13

Don_Moltisanti wrote:
    I would def take it, if you die you die, u wont know about it in a min or so. The whole 50-50 thing doesnt really bother me, i can see where Collier is coming from, he knows that if will create a divide in the world and needs everyone to take it. If the world is so messed u in the future and everyone is dead then he is saving lives. OK you wipe out half the population now but then you would have a great world for the rest of time. Where people dont get murdered, raped,all that crap. SO the world would repopulate in time, The only thing i really hate that this is the last episode coming up and i hated having to wait so long for this season to start, i only watched the first 2 episodes this year then waited til i thought they were all out and watched thejm all last nite, only to realize that there is still one left. I really hope Tom gets back to his old self and we find out what happened to Alana. Or did i miss that?

I agree with you! I get JC's revolution, there can't be two tips of ppl in the world because one will take advantage of another, so there is no change in the world. Everyone have to take the shut, so I would take the shut and hope for abilities. And we dont know what happened to Alana, but I think Alana wrote the book (that Kyle has).