The 4400

USA (ended 2007)

walrus_8463

The 4400 Fan Reviews page 4 of 13

• Well this is a relly good show.

7.4
    Well this show is relly good. Like lots .Well if you like mysterys this is a great show for a mystery.I think you should try to watch it.Well thanks for your time. This show is great. Well Im not sure of what to relly say it sucks that you havet o write a 100 words or what ever they are. Well add me plz im new. Thanks a lot the new girl hahahahah. Destinee's the name. Well i hope you guys like this show. Hey i have to say that this is not any better then Dead zone. Dead zone is so much better.
  • A perfect combination of Drama/Sci-Fi. It is a more toned down version of Heroes which makes it even more pleasant to watch and the characters easy to relate to. This show will suck you in. A MUST-WATCH for a fan of Heroes or Smallville.

A more toned down and realistic version of 'Heroes'; exactly what makes it one of the best shows ever. The questions asked about the blue ball of light, the explanations given about the superhuman abilities, the fact that these powers can also be given to regular humans; it's a fantasy brought one step closer to the audience which maintains the suspense and surprises us every time. I love Heroes don't get be wrong, but I still feel like I'm watching a Smallville-esque drama show (which I still love). The 4400 has an amazing storyline and great actors, I see myself in all the characters as they discover their special abilities. The 4400 also carries certain notions which are especially important in todays society; how fear is brought about in journalism, how oppressive the government is toward things they know nothing about (this frightens them). I noticed the allusion of the 4400 center to the church of $cientology, this is insulting to the 4400 center. Other than that, this is must-watch for any drama/sci-fi fan. From the beginning, the 4400 had me more hooked than any TV show before, namely Smallville, Heroes, Dead Like Me.
  • Change the viewing time. Bottom line.

This is a good show. It should be aired at six PM or earlier. It is after one AM in GA and no one is up at this time. We would watch, but it is always too late. Thank you for submitting your resume to Engineering and Professional Services Incorporated (EPS) for our consideration. Please be assured that it will receive our careful review. All applications and resumes will remain on active file for 90 days. We have included below a voluntary survey form that you may return to EPS, if you so choose. The purpose of this Data Record is to comply with The Dept. of Labor government record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Please keep in mind that this survey information is for statistical purposes only. It is entirely voluntary and will in no way influence our selection of potential candidates. If you choose to volunteer the requested information, please note that all data records are kept in a Confidential File and are not a part of your application for employment or personnel file.
  • Worth making the time to watch. Well written and well acted sci-fi show with many sub-plots. 4400 people are kidnapped by people from earth's future and then sent back, each with their own special ability, to save the planet from a dark future.

If you havented watched The 4400 now is the time to start. Get your hands on the previous seasons DVD'd or read up on the past episodes on the net and tune in Sunday evenings. I was fairly unimpressed with season 3, with the 4400 splitting into good vs evil. Didn't make sense as they are susposed to save the future.

I disappointed as I was wit season 3, I am equally impressed with season 4. the lines between the "good vs evil" that was established last season is beginning to blur and the plot is beginning to take a direction that, at least to me, is more what I anticipated from the beginning; a mismatched group with different views and powers working to achieve the same goal.
  • Absolutely better and more intriguing than Heroes.

Unlike other television programs that have long story arcs involving many characters, this show offers a set of individual, episodic stories that newcomers can enjoy. This is an important point for the survival of any television program: New viewers should feel welcome and find the stories interesting without a huge amount of background knowledge. This is in contrast to NBC's Heroes, which offers similar themes (people with extraordinary abilities) but is difficult jump into without starting from the beginning. Additionally, the quality of the acting and dialog is over all more believable than Heroes. The plot of the series also provides for a more epic feel and has greater mystery.
  • GOOD BUT NOT AS GOOD AS HEROES

4400 is a great show about 4400 people that have went missing over the years,and one day the all return in a ball of light.When the return the look the same as the day they went missing,even if it was 60 years ago.Some of the people later discover that they have been given a special abillity,which will later help save the world.I was a late comer to this programme and was recently watching the series heroes.The two programmes have similar ideas,but in my eyes heroes beats it both hands down.Well worth the watch,just not as good as heroes.
  • just hope we get to see more of the future

The 4400 is by far the best summer show. It has it all, the action, drama, and suspense. It is also very underated, almost nobody I know watches this show. I never see advertising for it except on its own network (USA). It is as good as almost any show like Lost, or Prison Break. Heroes is also a complete rip off of it. Most of the powers come from the 4400. Also they are both about "saving the furture." If Heroes is so popular then the 4400 should be even more popular. This shows that advertisement is everything in TV these days. THe 9 month wait between seasons of the 4400 is almsot unbearable. This show desrves more viewers.
  • When searching for April

I was wondering why the writers did not have Mia tell Diana where April was when they where looking for her. In the past shows Mia has focused her abilities and told other people things they wanted to know. I just thought this was strange that they did not think of this when they where looking for April.
  • 4400 people disappeared during different times. Yet all of these people appeared at the same time without having age at all. These people slowly discover that they have powers, both good and bad.

I think that this is a great show. It reminds me a lot about Heroes. I suppose, that is why I started watching it. I love shows when people have super powers. This show does a great job showing the journey through greatness. It represents how hard life is when people are different. The 4400 is my new best friend. I am glad that I started watching it. I've only seen a couple episodes, but I'm glad to say that this show is fantastic.

These kinds of show better the world. It will inspire todays kids into a life of improving the planet. Kudos to whoever made this show.
  • SU-BLINKING-PERB

The 4400 is a breath of fresh air where alien abductee shows go with a grate plot envolving the past the present and the future, people with strange and exciting new abilities what more could you need,
    A top choice of cast all working well in bringing the show to life,
    My fave characters are Richard a great character who has the ability of telekinises, Sean who has the power to give life and take it, Tom and Dianne both NTAC agents both only to keen to jump in to the thick of it when things go bad and finally Mia with her ability to see the future..
  • Finally a good sci-fi show since the X-files.

Well at least this season they went to the X-Files type episodes. I like the new format they have this season in where they tell a story about a 4400 and still keep the story line going and taking the plot all around. I really like the show for it's good writing and producing. I just don't like the acting of Joel Gretsch, he plays Tom Baldwin the main agent. He just one minute doesn't believe what's going on, he's pretty bad at acting that out, with the 4400 powers then he gets convinced. Thing is in this new season non 4400 are taking Promicin and normal people are getting 4400 abilities. Promicin produces a fifth neurotransmitter called promicin that enables him or her to use parts of the cerebellum no human has previously used.
    It's one of my favorite show and it fits perfect after all those cookie cutter shows are over. It's also the best drama on this summer season.
  • original series, based on 4400 ordinary people. Every one of them given a specific mission, to better the world we live in today.

Living in the UK, there is even less advertisement for his show there than there is even in the US.
    However, an amazing television show, such as this one, will always have a loyal and grateful fanbase, and a way to find its targer audience. The story is easy to grasp yet complicated to follow. so, unlike many popular mainstreim shows of today, it has sees reason to dumb itself down to the audience. This is the part that has the most appeall to me as i am privilaged to watch a show which i feel is built entirely to my likeness. I guarantee you that this is the mindset of nearly all the fans of this show.
  • The most underated show our there. It is so unadvertised and unknown.It however is one of the most dramatic, breathtaking, and instense shows out right now. More people need to know about this show.

• A great and exciting show!

Since the first time i heard about the 4400 i thought it as a great idea for a tv show, maybe they will have a hard time to "finish it" but they have a lot of interesting material to create a lot of good episodes and some great ones.

From all that i watched so far, there were a very few that i didnt liked and i expect that they keep it that way.

The writers always come up with interesting stuff to keep us glued to the tv waiting ansiously for the next episode and i hope they keep coming.

Great show, i recomend for everyone that likes to think about the future and wonders what happens there :)
  • Its about how 4400 missing people from all different times suddenly show up on present earth. As the show goes on you learn about where they came from, what fantastical powers they have, and how they may save the earth.

This show is a great suspense that gets you right from the start. The first season was amazing and made your eyeballs glue themselves to the 60 inch plasma screen television in your living room. But now it is still a great show but it seems like its lost some of its pizaz. They bring in new people with new special ablities then forget about them the next episode. I believe they should stick to the main characters like Shawn or Jordan Collier. But thats just me. Catch the show for yourself on USA channel at night on friday.
  • The 4400 is about 4,400 people who disappear for 50 year.When they returned they not only had incredible ability they also change the world as we know it. Are they here to save us from our own self or are they here to bring use to our destruction?

This show is one of the most amazing show i had ever seen.It save me from my own boredom.The Show Creator Scott Peters is a brilliant person and i am very glad that this idea reach his mind.This show is much deeper than it seems.The show is about us and how we must come together to make it a better place.So are the 4400 here to save us from our own self or are they here to bring use to our destruction?.You decide but i believe that salvation is just one more episode ahead.
  • Season 4

Watched the season 4 premier last night and really enjoyed the way the writers tied everything together from the past seasons. The intro to the new character, Cassie was excellent! and I like the outlook for the storyline as it develops. Really look forward to watching the remainder of the season. I do wish that the network would look into expanding the number of episodes per season and letting it last longer than just the summer. I've missed the show the past 6 months, and would watch if it was on during the regular broadcast season. Great show, keep it up! lonebuc
  • Keeps me wondering?

This is a great show. Slow in spots but overall its great, the reason for the 9.5! The 4400 tells the stories of 4,400 people who disappeared over a period of fifty years and they all reappear at the exact same time without any memory of where they've been and what happened to them. Some of them have been altered and have strange abilities, both good and bad. The series kicks off with a ball of light sailing toward Earth, but rather than the expected catastrophic...
  • I'm a big fan of Sci-Fi so I find this show very interesting...

This is an extremely ambitious but well-written and well-acted sci-fi story. The key is that it is not just about weird goings-on but rather, what people might do under weird circumstances. The answers are touching and thought-provoking. There are drawbacks and potential drawbacks. The show is not over yet; we don't know what it will look like when it is over, but so far, very good. I wish they had a larger budget so they did not have to skimp on special effects. But then, like early X-Files episodes--which this most closely resembles, the show relies more on the viewers imagination than on special effects.
  • Two different things under the same name, and both are great.

If you want to see the best sci-fi of your life, give 4400 first season a chance. Only a few episodes, but as much mistery as a few seasons of X-Files together. Feels more like a movie split into parts, this was the original intention of the creators, so you get only one story, but a hell of a good one.
    Proof of what I'm saying is that it became such a success that it became a regular series from the second season. This is somewhat different, you get a different, little story every episode, which some might call boring, but it still has it's charm. And the mysterious storyline is still there, it's just split up for much more episodes than in the first season, we get that in smaller pieces. And those pieces can be quite shocking and mind-blowing. I just love that feeling.
  • This is my summer show. A must not miss.

The original mini series explored what happened when people abducted by aliens (or as the show reveals later by people from the future) are returned with special powers. The shows are linked together via the agents assigned to monitor them and ensure they fit back into the world that has moved on without them (family dead, husband's remarried, etc).

The series these days focuses more on the established characters, introducing new 4400s as the plot requires and frequently eliminating them by that episode's end.

There are distinct fractions at work here..

the 4400 centre looks to help other 4400 and forward 4400 goals.

the agency watching over the 4400 - they are looking out for 4400 but also protecting society from their powers.

elements of the government that which to eliminate or control the 4400.

the anti-4400 who seeks to undermine the goal of the 4400 creators.

all in all it's - as I said - my summer must not miss show.
  • Not very original, but it's good.

The 4400 is a very interesting story that I have not seen before. What happens after a person has been abducted by ETs and returns a number of years later. They find their loved ones dead. The neighborhoods they knew are gone. Their family had assumed they're dead and moved on. What would the readjustment be like? That is the story of this very fascinating miniseries is about. I will be sure to watch the rest of this series to see what happens. I'm sure some people will learn how to cope and some will not. But is there something more sinister going on? The 4400 is the cure for the summer boredom. I wish the networks would stop putting on one idiotic reality show after another and have shows that are at least have some ambition to them. Why does junk like The Simple Life and Fear Factor stay on the air and shows with ambition are banished to cable. That's where the viewers should go. Watch this show.
  • Just a little more!

Now, to tell what's about it on this movie, a group of people from different years were kidnapped by an alien spaceship and they were brought back with special gifts (most specificly with some gr8 powers) and they were told that they have to save the world. Well, one of them used they power on bad purpose and some of them were trying to do something good.

You have a lot of characters which you can like them or you can hate them! Like in any movie. 50 days and then we`ll have it back, for those who are watching this serial; and if you don't, you should try, I think you will like it. One thing it's for sure, if u like "Heroes" u like "The 4400" for sure ;)

Now we wait to see what happens next!
  • Not to be could be better but good enough.

7.9
    I enjoy it. I never saw the first season on tv. Went to Walmart took a chance and bought the dvd set. A unique show about time travel. Only at times a little soapish for me. Not bad 3 to 5 season show at best. This is a show that can say lets run it for a certain time and end it. That would be a could piece of art.
  • I thought it was finished...over...completed. A season 3 ending like that - what more could there be? How wrong was I!

When seasson 3 ended I seriously thought that it was over. There is always more story to tell but with no cliffhanger or anything like that and an actually wrapping up of the storyline I though that that was it.

I'm glad it's back though. To bad being in the UK means I'll have to wait until later this year but stumbling upon a link on the tv.com homepage to these new episodes was a very happy accident.

The 4400 has been one of my favorite SF shows for a while, even though people said that the second season couldn't do anything like the first since the revelations at the end of season one - they where wrong.

The 4400 continues to throw new and exciting plotlines our way and is a fantastac piece of drama that - when I have the money - will be joining my DVD collection.

I look forward to season 4...no... I can't wait!
  • Not as exciting/suspenseful as I thought it to be.. :D

My uncle was the one who recommended this to me, and after watching the first few episodes, I guessed he could have been right. My sister and I couldn't stop watching it until episode 3 or 4 I think.

But that was where it started going downhill for me. The episodes showed less exciting parts regarding the mystery of the 4400 and it was slowly becoming a heavy drama. There are a few noteworthy exceptions, but up until I reached early season 2 (which was where I stopped watching), it was more of drama than suspense (which I expected).

The show would still appeal though to those who love sci-fi mixed with a bit of drama. But for those looking for real action/suspense/thriller, this might not be the show for you. :D
  • A really nice show

4400 people gone missing from different places and periods of time only to return at the same time and at the same place all together without having aged a bit but with a small difference concerning their potential: They all have superpowers. Due to the great mystery surrounding the synchronized return of all these people the u s government dispatches a groop of people trying to solve this mystery and control the returnees. What makes 4400 a really special series is not only the fact that the idea is unique but also the fact that we don't get to see the all time classic "good beats the crap out of evil" since no one can really define good from evil in this case.It's great suspence and plot are going to captivate you for sure.
  • This show has a lot of potential story lines and charactors.

This show tells the story of 4400 people being returned back to earth after being taken by the future to stop the same thing happening to us. All of the 4400 come back with abilities like reading minds or seeing the future. This show has done well so far. The writing and the show its self have been overall very good. Considering the fact that the writers wanted this to be just a mini series i think they have done well to come up with great stories. I believe that this show is alomsot like X Files for a new genration. I know that i'm interested in the next season. I hope the show gets better and more exciting each season.
  • It's about Aliens and the government!

This made me sit up and watch it because of 2 people, Karina Lombard and Billy Campbell.
    But after I got over that (it took a while), the show slowly creeped into my tv schedule and have not looked back since.
    It's a very well written show that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
    I like how the villains are groomed and not just shoved into being bad, just to be bad. There is a reason for their madness.
    And who else will want to know more about the 4400, than the government, good addition there.
    I love the cast.
    They have new and old faces.
    I've then read more up on it and intend on purchasing the seasons.
  • Alien adbuctions meets mutant X

Ok.. I'm a late fan of the show.. Just started watching it a few days ago. Already at season 2..

And.. the pilot certainly had a few holes.. but overall, the characters are interesting, the plot reveals itself more and more.. It's predictable in certain ways.. Especially, if you've been a comic book reader and/or a fan of sci-fi/super powered type stories.

But nevertheless, it's still entertaining and it's going to be fun to see where the show leads too..

It's all about ripple effects.. I think that in a way, season 1 revealed too much about that.. I think it should have been harder to figure out...

Future humans who adducted humans from the past, seed them back to a specific location/point in time, so that they could create a ripple effect, altering the future, for the benefit of mankind.

Now.. if that's truly the agenda, then it shouldn't have been so easily figured out....

And.. also. in a way, the future should already be altered. the moment the 4400 were seeded.. so.. whoever is controlling the agenda, in the future, should already be reaping the rewards.. unless something went awry...

Now.. are the writers of the show considering that.. You know.. time travel is always a tricky thing.. story wise to deal with.. I'm on catch up right now.. I know season 4 will be starting June 2007 and I'll catch up and add to this review as soon as I'm up there :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10