The 4400

USA (ended 2007)

walrus_8463

The 4400 Fan Reviews page 4 of 14

• Suspence and thrills; intelligent

Love this show. Intelligent and keeps you on guard. Suprises all the time. Making sure I watch every season. SO many twists and turns. Great mystery. Keeps me guessing. Never gets old. Top notch writing and actors. Totally believable. Wait for it every summer. Have it save placed on my DVR. This season over too soon. Hard to believe summer is gone and I have to wait another year after this week to see it again. Oh well, will be watching repeats. Like Sci FI and fantasy and this was something different. Reminds me of something Stephen SPielburg would do. Special effects really good for TV. Everything just right about it. Watch other SCi Fi and it's too cheesy or just out there too much. One thing I would add however is more reactions and involvement with non-gifted people that are just ordinary people not the gov't. Otherwise it's perfect.
  • The 4400 is a science fiction television program produced by CBS Paramount Network Television in association with Sky Television, Renegade 83 and American Zoetrope for USA Network. The show was created and written by Scott Peters and René Echevarria.

The National Threat Assessment Command (NTAC), a division of the Department of Homeland Security, is in charge of dealing with the return of the 4400. There are a multitude of agents assigned to the cases of investigating the 4400. The series primarily follows two of them, Tom Baldwin and Diana Skouris, as well as their immediate superior, Dennis Ryland in season one and Nina Jarvis in seasons two and three and theory room consultant Marco Pacella.

Many of the returnees have trouble trying to get their lives back on track after being separated from their world for years. More significantly, a small number of the returnees begin to manifest paranormal abilities, such as telekinesis, telepathy, precognition, as well as other "gifts", for example in the pilot episode Shawn Farrell manifests an ability to bring a dead bird back to life. In addition, one of the 4400 (Lily Moore) has become pregnant between her disappearance and return.

The first season finale, "White Light" reveals that the 4400 were abducted, not by aliens, but by humans from the Earth's future, that Kyle Baldwin was to be their "messenger", and that they were returned to avert a catastrophe.

By the second season, it is revealed that all 4400 have a neurotransmitter called promicin in their brains which gives them their powers. The government, afraid of what this large group would do with such power, secretly doses all 4400 with a promicin-inhibitor which works on most of the 4400, but not those who were later seen with powers. The inhibitor causes a potentially fatal immune deficiency as a side effect in the returnees. It is ultimately removed from the 4400 by a dose of promiscin extracted by Kevin Burkhoff from the blood of the infant Isabelle, who was never given the inhibitor.

At the beginning of the third season, the Nova Group, a terrorist faction made up of 4400s, has made itself known. Originally formed as a "defensive" group in the aftermath of the promicin-inhibitor scandal, the Nova Group eventually goes rogue and carries out numerous terrorist attacks against the government and NTAC. The group is responsible for many terrorist attacks including the assassination of the men involved with the promicin-inhibitor conspiracy, the attempted assassination of Ryland, framing Tom Baldwin for murder, and making Shawn go temporarily insane.

During the third and fourth season, it is revealed that only a certain faction from the future wants to see history changed. Another faction, that prefers the status quo, opposes the 4400, and has sent their own operatives, including Isabelle Tyler and "The Marked" into the past. What the exact motives of both factions are has not yet been revealed.

Eventually, Jordan Collier, who declares himself the savior of humanity, makes Promicin shots available to the general public. However, only half of the human population can actually tolerate Promicin, and thus develop superhuman abilities, while the other half would die upon taking the shot. Although the government outlawed Promicin use, thousands of previously ordinary people have developed abilities, severely complicating NTAC's task. Collier later annexed a part of Seattle and transformed it into "Promise City", a self-proclaimed paradise open to all people with abilities. Attempts to reclaim Promise City by the US government have met with little success, and considering the damage certain 4400's loyal to Collier could do, NTAC has advised caution in attempting to do so by force.

Ripple effect

Early in the first season, the "masterminds" at NTAC suspect that the 4400s have been placed in the timeline with their enhanced abilities for a purpose, to effect some change that could propagate and change the course of history.

An example of this effect at work came during the third season episode "Gone, Part II", in which five 4400 children are once again abducted by the future and "seeded" back into history at different time periods. Some of the "advances" accomplished by this feat included the development of artificial petroleum and composite materials used in the first lunar colonies, according to background conversations "overheard" at NTAC. These advances are negated (restoring the original timeline) in exchange for Tom Baldwin agreeing to do whatever the future asks of him, to help prevent the "disaster" to come - which he learns is an order to kill Isabelle Tyler. Tom Baldwin initially reneges on his agreement with the future humans, but the seemingly indestructible Isabelle forces his hand in the season three finale and is stripped of her 4400 abilities.

Episodes

Season Start date End date
    Season 1 July 11, 2004 August 8, 2004
    Season 2 June 5, 2005 August 28, 2005
    Season 3 June 11, 2006 August 27, 2006
    Season 4 June 17, 2007 September 16, 2007

The first season is presented as a miniseries of six episodes, which aired weekly from July 11, 2004 to August 8, 2004. Seasons two, three and four are each 13-episode seasons.

A special episode, "The 4400: Unlocking the Secrets", aired between seasons two and three, on June 3, 2006, originally on NBC.

Production of a third season was shot in Vancouver until July 26, 2006. The third season premiered June 11, 2006, with 4.2 million viewers tuning in. Executive Producer Ira Steven Behr described season three as "bigger and more mythic. It feels like 26 episodes instead of 13 because we're cramming so much stuff in". Production of a season four began in early 2007 for a mid-year premiere, returning with the episode "The Wrath of Graham" Billy Campbell, the actor who plays Collier, took most of season three off to sail around the world, but returns in the fourth season as a regular, rather than a guest star as in the previous three seasons.

Production

The theme song of the show is "A Place in Time", written by Robert Phillips and Tim Paruskewitz, performed by Amanda Abizaid. All seasons are filmed in high-definition with closed-captioning. USA Network broadcast episodes after season one in fullscreen 480i, the DVD releases contain the episodes in their native widescreen format.

Soundtrack

The soundtrack to The 4400 was released on May 8, 2007 by Milan Records and includes music from the first three seasons, as follows: 1. Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place In Time (Theme From The 4400) 2. Switchfoot - This Is Your Life 3. People In Planes - Falling By The Wayside 4. Thirteen Senses - Into The Fire 5. Ivy - Worry About You 6. Engineers - How Do You Say Goodbye? 7. Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved 8. Jacqueline McKenzie - Shy Baby 9. Bedroom Walls - Do the Buildings and Cops Make You Smile 10. Billie Holiday - Cheek to Cheek 11. John Van Tongeren - Salvation 12. The Landau Orchestra - A Place In Time (Instrumental
  • Great show!

I've been watching this show since its beginning. No doubt, it's a great show. On season one the show introduced a group of people to us. Thousands of people who emerged from a ball of light. Forty-four hundred, exactly. They disappeared over a period of 50 years and came back inside that ball. They've no memory of what has happened to them, but some of them have weird abilities. So, story begins. Who are they? Why did they come back at same time? What about those abilities? Why did all these happen to them? Each week on seasons 1 and 2 we get to see more of some of them.

On season 3 we get more information on the people who took them. And we get to know more about conspiracies involving the government and some 4400's groups. This season, for me, was the worst although, I agree that the story should develop in some way. The the 4400 of the week plot line would become very annoying.

Season 4 is doing great to me till now. I'm enjoying it. The promicin thing is refreshing the show.

Now, making a comparison with Heroes. The 4400 is so much greater than the other one. Heroes is a childish show.
  • This was once a great show.

I really loved The 4400 in the beginning. It was a great show, an original show, and it was fascinating. Each episode seemed to get better and better. The stories were well written and the tension endless. You loved rooting for Tom and Diana, who make a great team. The various powers of the 4400s were intriguing, I wanted to know more about these characters, even the bad ones. Now, however, the show is disappointing me more and more. I watched my last episode on August 19, 2007. The whole issue of Jordan Collier has been pushed too far and now I simply find him annoying. Caution---SPOILER WARNING
    Even though it bothered me that Tom forgot about Alana and was attracted to his boss, AND that Jordan Collier was still in the thick of things, I totally gave up on this show when Tom became evil. I know that he probably won't be like this forever, but I won't even watch one episode of him acting this way. I'm done with the show. I feel like the stories and characters are now lacking (Kyle's power is ridiculous, more like another ANNOYING personality) and I just can't be bothered anymore.

This is all, of course, just my opinion, but I think this show is getting worse and worse.
  • Well this is a relly good show.

7.4
    Well this show is relly good. Like lots .Well if you like mysterys this is a great show for a mystery.I think you should try to watch it.Well thanks for your time. This show is great. Well Im not sure of what to relly say it sucks that you havet o write a 100 words or what ever they are. Well add me plz im new. Thanks a lot the new girl hahahahah. Destinee's the name. Well i hope you guys like this show. Hey i have to say that this is not any better then Dead zone. Dead zone is so much better.
  • A perfect combination of Drama/Sci-Fi. It is a more toned down version of Heroes which makes it even more pleasant to watch and the characters easy to relate to. This show will suck you in. A MUST-WATCH for a fan of Heroes or Smallville.

A more toned down and realistic version of 'Heroes'; exactly what makes it one of the best shows ever. The questions asked about the blue ball of light, the explanations given about the superhuman abilities, the fact that these powers can also be given to regular humans; it's a fantasy brought one step closer to the audience which maintains the suspense and surprises us every time. I love Heroes don't get be wrong, but I still feel like I'm watching a Smallville-esque drama show (which I still love). The 4400 has an amazing storyline and great actors, I see myself in all the characters as they discover their special abilities. The 4400 also carries certain notions which are especially important in todays society; how fear is brought about in journalism, how oppressive the government is toward things they know nothing about (this frightens them). I noticed the allusion of the 4400 center to the church of $cientology, this is insulting to the 4400 center. Other than that, this is must-watch for any drama/sci-fi fan. From the beginning, the 4400 had me more hooked than any TV show before, namely Smallville, Heroes, Dead Like Me.
  • Change the viewing time. Bottom line.

This is a good show. It should be aired at six PM or earlier. It is after one AM in GA and no one is up at this time. We would watch, but it is always too late. Thank you for submitting your resume to Engineering and Professional Services Incorporated (EPS) for our consideration. Please be assured that it will receive our careful review. All applications and resumes will remain on active file for 90 days. We have included below a voluntary survey form that you may return to EPS, if you so choose. The purpose of this Data Record is to comply with The Dept. of Labor government record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Please keep in mind that this survey information is for statistical purposes only. It is entirely voluntary and will in no way influence our selection of potential candidates. If you choose to volunteer the requested information, please note that all data records are kept in a Confidential File and are not a part of your application for employment or personnel file.
  • Worth making the time to watch. Well written and well acted sci-fi show with many sub-plots. 4400 people are kidnapped by people from earth's future and then sent back, each with their own special ability, to save the planet from a dark future.

If you havented watched The 4400 now is the time to start. Get your hands on the previous seasons DVD'd or read up on the past episodes on the net and tune in Sunday evenings. I was fairly unimpressed with season 3, with the 4400 splitting into good vs evil. Didn't make sense as they are susposed to save the future.

I disappointed as I was wit season 3, I am equally impressed with season 4. the lines between the "good vs evil" that was established last season is beginning to blur and the plot is beginning to take a direction that, at least to me, is more what I anticipated from the beginning; a mismatched group with different views and powers working to achieve the same goal.
  • Absolutely better and more intriguing than Heroes.

Unlike other television programs that have long story arcs involving many characters, this show offers a set of individual, episodic stories that newcomers can enjoy. This is an important point for the survival of any television program: New viewers should feel welcome and find the stories interesting without a huge amount of background knowledge. This is in contrast to NBC's Heroes, which offers similar themes (people with extraordinary abilities) but is difficult jump into without starting from the beginning. Additionally, the quality of the acting and dialog is over all more believable than Heroes. The plot of the series also provides for a more epic feel and has greater mystery.
  • GOOD BUT NOT AS GOOD AS HEROES

4400 is a great show about 4400 people that have went missing over the years,and one day the all return in a ball of light.When the return the look the same as the day they went missing,even if it was 60 years ago.Some of the people later discover that they have been given a special abillity,which will later help save the world.I was a late comer to this programme and was recently watching the series heroes.The two programmes have similar ideas,but in my eyes heroes beats it both hands down.Well worth the watch,just not as good as heroes.
  • just hope we get to see more of the future

The 4400 is by far the best summer show. It has it all, the action, drama, and suspense. It is also very underated, almost nobody I know watches this show. I never see advertising for it except on its own network (USA). It is as good as almost any show like Lost, or Prison Break. Heroes is also a complete rip off of it. Most of the powers come from the 4400. Also they are both about "saving the furture." If Heroes is so popular then the 4400 should be even more popular. This shows that advertisement is everything in TV these days. THe 9 month wait between seasons of the 4400 is almsot unbearable. This show desrves more viewers.
  • When searching for April

I was wondering why the writers did not have Mia tell Diana where April was when they where looking for her. In the past shows Mia has focused her abilities and told other people things they wanted to know. I just thought this was strange that they did not think of this when they where looking for April.
  • 4400 people disappeared during different times. Yet all of these people appeared at the same time without having age at all. These people slowly discover that they have powers, both good and bad.

I think that this is a great show. It reminds me a lot about Heroes. I suppose, that is why I started watching it. I love shows when people have super powers. This show does a great job showing the journey through greatness. It represents how hard life is when people are different. The 4400 is my new best friend. I am glad that I started watching it. I've only seen a couple episodes, but I'm glad to say that this show is fantastic.

These kinds of show better the world. It will inspire todays kids into a life of improving the planet. Kudos to whoever made this show.
  • SU-BLINKING-PERB

The 4400 is a breath of fresh air where alien abductee shows go with a grate plot envolving the past the present and the future, people with strange and exciting new abilities what more could you need,
    A top choice of cast all working well in bringing the show to life,
    My fave characters are Richard a great character who has the ability of telekinises, Sean who has the power to give life and take it, Tom and Dianne both NTAC agents both only to keen to jump in to the thick of it when things go bad and finally Mia with her ability to see the future..
  • Finally a good sci-fi show since the X-files.

Well at least this season they went to the X-Files type episodes. I like the new format they have this season in where they tell a story about a 4400 and still keep the story line going and taking the plot all around. I really like the show for it's good writing and producing. I just don't like the acting of Joel Gretsch, he plays Tom Baldwin the main agent. He just one minute doesn't believe what's going on, he's pretty bad at acting that out, with the 4400 powers then he gets convinced. Thing is in this new season non 4400 are taking Promicin and normal people are getting 4400 abilities. Promicin produces a fifth neurotransmitter called promicin that enables him or her to use parts of the cerebellum no human has previously used.
    It's one of my favorite show and it fits perfect after all those cookie cutter shows are over. It's also the best drama on this summer season.
  • original series, based on 4400 ordinary people. Every one of them given a specific mission, to better the world we live in today.

Living in the UK, there is even less advertisement for his show there than there is even in the US.
    However, an amazing television show, such as this one, will always have a loyal and grateful fanbase, and a way to find its targer audience. The story is easy to grasp yet complicated to follow. so, unlike many popular mainstreim shows of today, it has sees reason to dumb itself down to the audience. This is the part that has the most appeall to me as i am privilaged to watch a show which i feel is built entirely to my likeness. I guarantee you that this is the mindset of nearly all the fans of this show.
  • The most underated show our there. It is so unadvertised and unknown.It however is one of the most dramatic, breathtaking, and instense shows out right now. More people need to know about this show.

• A great and exciting show!

Since the first time i heard about the 4400 i thought it as a great idea for a tv show, maybe they will have a hard time to "finish it" but they have a lot of interesting material to create a lot of good episodes and some great ones.

From all that i watched so far, there were a very few that i didnt liked and i expect that they keep it that way.

The writers always come up with interesting stuff to keep us glued to the tv waiting ansiously for the next episode and i hope they keep coming.

Great show, i recomend for everyone that likes to think about the future and wonders what happens there :)
  • Its about how 4400 missing people from all different times suddenly show up on present earth. As the show goes on you learn about where they came from, what fantastical powers they have, and how they may save the earth.

This show is a great suspense that gets you right from the start. The first season was amazing and made your eyeballs glue themselves to the 60 inch plasma screen television in your living room. But now it is still a great show but it seems like its lost some of its pizaz. They bring in new people with new special ablities then forget about them the next episode. I believe they should stick to the main characters like Shawn or Jordan Collier. But thats just me. Catch the show for yourself on USA channel at night on friday.
  • The 4400 is about 4,400 people who disappear for 50 year.When they returned they not only had incredible ability they also change the world as we know it. Are they here to save us from our own self or are they here to bring use to our destruction?

This show is one of the most amazing show i had ever seen.It save me from my own boredom.The Show Creator Scott Peters is a brilliant person and i am very glad that this idea reach his mind.This show is much deeper than it seems.The show is about us and how we must come together to make it a better place.So are the 4400 here to save us from our own self or are they here to bring use to our destruction?.You decide but i believe that salvation is just one more episode ahead.
  • Season 4

Watched the season 4 premier last night and really enjoyed the way the writers tied everything together from the past seasons. The intro to the new character, Cassie was excellent! and I like the outlook for the storyline as it develops. Really look forward to watching the remainder of the season. I do wish that the network would look into expanding the number of episodes per season and letting it last longer than just the summer. I've missed the show the past 6 months, and would watch if it was on during the regular broadcast season. Great show, keep it up! lonebuc
  • Keeps me wondering?

This is a great show. Slow in spots but overall its great, the reason for the 9.5! The 4400 tells the stories of 4,400 people who disappeared over a period of fifty years and they all reappear at the exact same time without any memory of where they've been and what happened to them. Some of them have been altered and have strange abilities, both good and bad. The series kicks off with a ball of light sailing toward Earth, but rather than the expected catastrophic...
  • I'm a big fan of Sci-Fi so I find this show very interesting...

This is an extremely ambitious but well-written and well-acted sci-fi story. The key is that it is not just about weird goings-on but rather, what people might do under weird circumstances. The answers are touching and thought-provoking. There are drawbacks and potential drawbacks. The show is not over yet; we don't know what it will look like when it is over, but so far, very good. I wish they had a larger budget so they did not have to skimp on special effects. But then, like early X-Files episodes--which this most closely resembles, the show relies more on the viewers imagination than on special effects.
  • Two different things under the same name, and both are great.

If you want to see the best sci-fi of your life, give 4400 first season a chance. Only a few episodes, but as much mistery as a few seasons of X-Files together. Feels more like a movie split into parts, this was the original intention of the creators, so you get only one story, but a hell of a good one.
    Proof of what I'm saying is that it became such a success that it became a regular series from the second season. This is somewhat different, you get a different, little story every episode, which some might call boring, but it still has it's charm. And the mysterious storyline is still there, it's just split up for much more episodes than in the first season, we get that in smaller pieces. And those pieces can be quite shocking and mind-blowing. I just love that feeling.
  • This is my summer show. A must not miss.

The original mini series explored what happened when people abducted by aliens (or as the show reveals later by people from the future) are returned with special powers. The shows are linked together via the agents assigned to monitor them and ensure they fit back into the world that has moved on without them (family dead, husband's remarried, etc).

The series these days focuses more on the established characters, introducing new 4400s as the plot requires and frequently eliminating them by that episode's end.

There are distinct fractions at work here..

the 4400 centre looks to help other 4400 and forward 4400 goals.

the agency watching over the 4400 - they are looking out for 4400 but also protecting society from their powers.

elements of the government that which to eliminate or control the 4400.

the anti-4400 who seeks to undermine the goal of the 4400 creators.

all in all it's - as I said - my summer must not miss show.
  • Not very original, but it's good.

The 4400 is a very interesting story that I have not seen before. What happens after a person has been abducted by ETs and returns a number of years later. They find their loved ones dead. The neighborhoods they knew are gone. Their family had assumed they're dead and moved on. What would the readjustment be like? That is the story of this very fascinating miniseries is about. I will be sure to watch the rest of this series to see what happens. I'm sure some people will learn how to cope and some will not. But is there something more sinister going on? The 4400 is the cure for the summer boredom. I wish the networks would stop putting on one idiotic reality show after another and have shows that are at least have some ambition to them. Why does junk like The Simple Life and Fear Factor stay on the air and shows with ambition are banished to cable. That's where the viewers should go. Watch this show.
  • Just a little more!

Now, to tell what's about it on this movie, a group of people from different years were kidnapped by an alien spaceship and they were brought back with special gifts (most specificly with some gr8 powers) and they were told that they have to save the world. Well, one of them used they power on bad purpose and some of them were trying to do something good.

You have a lot of characters which you can like them or you can hate them! Like in any movie. 50 days and then we`ll have it back, for those who are watching this serial; and if you don't, you should try, I think you will like it. One thing it's for sure, if u like "Heroes" u like "The 4400" for sure ;)

Now we wait to see what happens next!
  • Not to be could be better but good enough.

7.9
    I enjoy it. I never saw the first season on tv. Went to Walmart took a chance and bought the dvd set. A unique show about time travel. Only at times a little soapish for me. Not bad 3 to 5 season show at best. This is a show that can say lets run it for a certain time and end it. That would be a could piece of art.
  • I thought it was finished...over...completed. A season 3 ending like that - what more could there be? How wrong was I!

When seasson 3 ended I seriously thought that it was over. There is always more story to tell but with no cliffhanger or anything like that and an actually wrapping up of the storyline I though that that was it.

I'm glad it's back though. To bad being in the UK means I'll have to wait until later this year but stumbling upon a link on the tv.com homepage to these new episodes was a very happy accident.

The 4400 has been one of my favorite SF shows for a while, even though people said that the second season couldn't do anything like the first since the revelations at the end of season one - they where wrong.

The 4400 continues to throw new and exciting plotlines our way and is a fantastac piece of drama that - when I have the money - will be joining my DVD collection.

I look forward to season 4...no... I can't wait!
  • Not as exciting/suspenseful as I thought it to be.. :D

My uncle was the one who recommended this to me, and after watching the first few episodes, I guessed he could have been right. My sister and I couldn't stop watching it until episode 3 or 4 I think.

But that was where it started going downhill for me. The episodes showed less exciting parts regarding the mystery of the 4400 and it was slowly becoming a heavy drama. There are a few noteworthy exceptions, but up until I reached early season 2 (which was where I stopped watching), it was more of drama than suspense (which I expected).

The show would still appeal though to those who love sci-fi mixed with a bit of drama. But for those looking for real action/suspense/thriller, this might not be the show for you. :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10