The 4400

USA (ended 2007)

walrus_8463

The 4400 Fan Reviews page 5 of 13

• i really liked it the first time but then..

4.7
    when it first came out i thought it was really good and i would stay up lator than i was supposed to, even tho i was extremly tired in the morning, i did it just so i could wathc it. But then when it finished i kinda gave up on it and thought it wouldn't come back. I saw a couple of episodes of the new series and thuoght it was no where near as good as the first. It just wasn't worth watching anymore. I thought it was kinda silly and un believable.. but i really enjoyed the first series, pity the second wasnt as good.
  • good show

The 4400 is my favorite show on TV, nothing else gets me so excited to watch every week. One of the things I love about it is that it always keeps you guessing, but it's not annoying some shows out there today. It reveals he plot to you little bits at a time, so that you know and understand what's going on, but you still wonder. The cliffhangers on this shows are my favorite, I love how they end every episode with that "smash to black" (as they call it) part. Though nothing would be nearly as good if it wasn't for the music. Music makes everything, the feeling, the scene, everything you need to fully love the episode you just watched.

The 4400 just ended it's third season last night, a huge achievement to the whole cast and crew. But it's not over yet, on to season four!
  • great

Early in the show, the masterminds at NTAC suspected that the 4400s were placed in the timeline with their enhanced abilities for some purpose, to effect some change that could propagate and change the course of history.

An example of this effect at work came during the third season episode "Gone, Part II" in which five 4400 children were once again abducted by the future and "seeded" back into history at different time periods. Some of the "advances" accomplished by this feat included the development of artificial petroleum and composite materials used in the first lunar colonies, according to background conversations "overheard" at NTAC. These advances were negated (restoring the original timeline) in exchange for Tom Baldwin agreeing to do whatever the future asked him to do to help prevent the "disaster" to come — which he learned was an order to kill Isabelle.
  • Speculative, Interesting, Intense

I was so excited when I first started seeing the advertisements for this show. It was an intriguing premise. When it finally aired, I was not disappointed. I absolutely love the characters. I love the abilities that are coming to light. The show is speculative on what might have happened if people were given special abilities by aliens. That in itself poses many interesting possibilites. The intensity of this show has currently delved into the knowledge of a 'future' timeline. It's so interesting the way the writers have interwoven plots and characters. I look forward to this show enduring for a long while!!! HURRAH!!
  • I just start to watch this tv show and it's great. I already saw the first two seasons and now i'm watchin' on the third season and it's really cool. After i finish the third season I hope they will continue the show. It's a must!!!

I just start to watch this tv show and it's great. I already saw the first two seasons and now i'm watchin' on the third season and it's really cool. After i finish the third season I hope they we'll continue the show. It's a must!!! It's too good to not be continued. So briliant! The idea, the subject of the tv show "THE 4400" it's very constructive and every new episode bring something new and exciting in it. Every character it's builted so well and all the actors are really good. I like a lot all the actors from Conchita Campbell (Maia Rutledge), Jacqueline McKenzie(Diana Skouris), Patrick Flueger(Shawn Farrell) ,Bill Campbell (Jordan Collier), Joel Gretsch (Tom Baldwin), Karina Lombard (Alana Mareva), Mahershalalhashbaz Ali (Richard Tyler), Chad Faust (Kyle Baldwin), Richard Kahan (Marco Pacella), Laura Allen (Lily Moore Tyler) until Peter Coyote (Dennis Ryland) and Megalyn Echikunwoke (Isabelle Tyler) adn Kaj-Erik Eriksen (Danny Farrell).
    So, in the end of this review all i want to say it's:
    GREAT SHOW GUYS ! WATCh IT !
  • A unique premise of a character drama with a sci fi twist...

How do you do a character piece within the science fiction genre but not overtly make it look like \"sci fi\" or have it be a space opera? You do something like \"The 4400\"!

Here, former Star Trek producers and writers take pen to paper (or nowadays - keyboard to screen) to fashion a myriad of characters - from different eras, of different ages, sexes, races, creeds, and colors, and link them together in one way - by having them previously \"abducted\" by humans of the future and then mysteriously returned all at the same time, but now in possession of unique abilities. And these 4400 people are expected to save the world. But not all of them will survive to do so.

And there\'s a catch. In an effort to ground the show in \"reality\", the confusion and burdens of possessing these abilities is sharply underscored. And as these unique people are hunted down or studied or discriminated against or gawked at, a \"savior\" of sorts, has attempted to gather them together and lead them - whether they choose to be lead or not - as they ultimately have a role to fulfill that is crucial for the future.

And so the saga goes, albeit in a somewhat tedious fashion, but with an interesting and unusual premise somewhat reflective of the popular religiously-based \"Left Behind\" novel series that has gripped the world of late.
  • Declining in quality way too quickly

Season One of The 4400 is an exciting, involving emotional rollercoaster mixed with the right amount of sci-fi, mytery and crime-solving. Every episode is good, the cast are great, and the steady unravelling of mystery is good. Every episode you see a bit more into people's lives, and every episode Conchita Campbell says something mysterious. Season Two is a longer, more plot-driven series, with more action, and most of the episodes dedicated to 4400 power of the week - which is fine. The conclusion of the season is very good too, with the brilliant Mommy's Bosses doing its job as a finale and as a teaser to the third run
    Season Three begins vry well, with the emotional and revealing The New World. However, the third season soon descends into silly storylines, dull character scenes and predictability in spades, with no mysterious Maia scenes in sight! Let's just hope the Fourth Seaspn picks up the pace, and returns to the good ol' days of mystery and drama.
  • The 4400,a sci-fiction series, tells the lives of 4400 people who have mysterious been kidnapped over 60 yrs. and reappear at once in Washington State. They have no memory what happened or where they've been. Some have returned with human powers.

Agent Tom Baldwin and Diana Skouris, two Homeland Security agents, are appointed to find out what happened to the 4400. One of the returnees is Shawn Farrell, Tom’s nephew, returns with the ability to heal others and him at the same time he can take the life force of another human being. He learns this gift as Season 1 progresses. His uncle asks Shawn what happened the day he was abducted since Kyle is a coma due to an incident. Shawn heals Kyle but not fully. Kyle –a future version of Kyle- tells his father, Tom Baldwin, that the 4400 are brought to this period to save the future. Another return is Lily Moore who goes home only to find out her husband married someone else and cannot contact her daughter, Heidi. She eventually falls in love with Richard. Lily then realizes that she is pregnant and the father is Richard. However, both of them do not remember having a child. They have a child, Isabella, who is supposed to a guardian of the 4400. In Season 2 – more 4400’s are learned about and show new powers. Jordan Collier – another 4400- organizes a center for the 4400. He eventually dies and Isabella grows rapidly into a teenager. Because of Isabella’s rapid age growth, Lily is rapidly aging. Lily dies. The rest is up to you to get the DVD of 4400. : P Overall this show is great. I also love Heroes –another show with a similar theme. Show – 100 out of 10 as 10 being the greatest show on Earth.
  • Interesting Season 1. i was soo dying to know what happened?

3.7
    but after i have completed season 1 and somehow found out most of the answers, i just lost interest, i dont care what would happen to the little girl who can predict the future,
    or who is in love with who or why was his son taken and returned, blah blah... i just dont have the interest to watch it ..

sorry 4400 fans, i just dont get it!
  • over 100 years 4400 people vanished with out a trace then they all reapered in washington. a speshal agency has been formed to investigate, the 4400 are taking sides as compnies try to kill them it gomes down to life or death

over 100 years 4400 people vanished with out a trace then they all reapered in washington. a speshal agency has been formed to investigate, the 4400 are taking sides as compnies try to kill them it gomes down to life or death this program is for the mistery scinece fiction lovers who like tv it contains all of the bascis and for some one like me who doesnt like scinence fiction this is a grate show it has all the requierments for a prgram and even more i think this is one of the best showes on now so watch it
  • sci-fi and awesome drama

i was not really convinced about this show at its beginning..i didn't know the actors and the plot was too weird..but now..ohohohh everything changed completely..i loved this show after have seen the first episodes..and now i'm addicted to it..i love the actors and the plot is magnificent. 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  • i dont get it

i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it i dont get it
  • A good show...

i have only seen the second season of the 4400, and i liked it. but it comes on monday nights at 11:00 here in Canada so i can't watch it any more. i think the idea of 4,400 people being abducted at different times and then being returned all at the same time with special pwers is a very original idea and on that note i like this series. i found a few episode were 'weird' but i still enjoy it.my favourite epiosde would have to be the season finale of season two.i hope that the keep this show around for a while so i'll be able to watch some more of it.later.
  • Looking forward to next season.

Definitely one of the more interesting series in the last few years. The characters are distinct and interesting and the plot involving whats going on in the future is just beginning to be addressed. 4400 has mysteries to be solved since it is unknown what the motives of the various factions of the people from the future. Are those who sent the 4400 really the good guys? Or are the good ones the people who are trying to derail the 4400 Project? Then there are the battles in the present between those who see the 4400 as a threat and those who see them as mankinds salvation.

The fact it has been imitated by HEROES is sort of annoying considering so many people act like HEROES is something new.
  • I enjoying watch this show since it's first aired on tv few years ago.

Now, I truly enjoyed watching this show for few years now and I understood the storylines very well and it has make me want to sit down and watch what will happened next!

I can't wait to see what is going happening next for next season in the summer of 2007, althought, I missed season finale of this previous season.

I'm sure that I will make it up and watch what is happening with this last episode of this previous season and I'm so dying to know what is going on!

I give this show a truly gulity pleasure! 8.6! That is all for today.
  • A show that has been declining in umph since the second season- It needs some "fine tuning" to spice it up a bit. I feel like the main issue is not bieng addressed- You know, WHERE THEY CAME FROM AND WHY THEY WERE SENT BACK!

6.8
    What appears to be a comet slows, hovers and stops, then bursts forth to reveal 4,400 people who were presumed dead or missing over the past 50 years. They look exactly the same as the moment they disappeared, but some of the returnees now have special powers. After one of the 4,400 commits a murder a special division of the Homeland Security Department is formed to monitor them.

BRIEF HISTORY:"The 4400" was 2004's highest-rated basic cable series. USA originally intended it as a miniseries, but the strong response led the network to order a second season, consisting of 13 episodes.
    STARS: * Joel Gretsch as Tom Baldwin * Jacqueline McKenzie as Diana Skouris * Mahershalalhashb Ali as Richard Tyler * Laura Allen as Lily Moore * Billy Campbell as Jordan Collier * Conchita Campbell as Maia * Chad Faust as Kyle * Patrick Flueger as Shawn Farrell * Michael Moriarty as Orson Bailey
  • BEST SHOW EVER!!! ...kinda :P

This show is almost the Best show ever thought of! According to my rating, there must be something else thats even better, but technically this Show shares 1:st Place with Futurama, with futurama on top :P I love the story, I think it\\\'s brilliant, and I can\\\'t wait to see the fourth season! This really does it for me! Watch the Show I Tell Ya!
  • Good one.

The 4400 is a good show, I will not say that it is the best show ever because I'd be lying but it sure is a good show. Once again a member of the Coppola family hits and strikes.The storyline is really good all the humans of the futur thing is really well thought.Season three is a little disappointing but still good( really loved the first episode with Alana and the imaginary world witout 4400 it really was great).To finish I'll say that the 4400 is a good show, that I recommend you, except if you've got Nip/Tuck or Prison Break on another channel ^_^.
  • #1 FOR SUMMER TV

I really enjoy this TV show I find it to be a great show that develops perfectly. For summer this show is #1 and I can\'t wait to see the next season. All the questions will be answered and we will see who is good and who is bad, and what happened to alana? Will Isabelle\'s powers be gone forever or will she get them back? I just can\'t wait to find out what happens to everyone on the 4400. It sucks having to wait about a year to see the season primere. I\'m glad it was picked up for a forth season.
  • I must say this last season had me saying what happened?

Though it has still retained all it's greatness this seasons stories seemed on a lower par then previous season. The last few episodes really redeemed the season and gives me hope for the next. But I must say I was very surprised that it went down the roads that it. It almost seemed to give into some television/sci-fi cliches and delved to far into the soap opera aspects of television. The fact that sci-fi shows balance the sci-fi with the soap opera stories is what sets them apart from most other kinds of shows. I really hope that the show finds it's footing again.
  • Something attracts me to this show but i don't know what it is...

I only started watching this show because I saw an advert for it on TV and decided to check it out.

It was very interesting, the take on UFO's not necessarily being from other 'places' but other 'times' being intriguing, humans harbouring abilities but not being able to activate them without aid.

The first season was probably the best, a lot of curiosity about what was going to happen next but also a lot of questions answered at the same time.

The next 2 seasons (season 3 has just finished as I write this) seemed to drag their feet a little, probably because the series was originally only commissioned for 1 season (I read somewhere...) so the writers had to come up with a way to drag the story out.

The style of the show is kind of x-files like but we have a more scientific explanation of what is going on, although it is not all understood.

The camera angles and music are also similar to the x-files but do not seem to have the same effect and make the show seem a little corny, maybe because the music is used too much.

The actors are good when it comes to intensity but I think the characters of Tom and Diana are intense too much of the time. Alana seems quite seductive, and I like Karina Lombard's portrayal of this character; I do have a personal adoration for her accent.

I would recommend this series to those of you who like sci-fi and sociology as it has pleanty of this. I think it leans a little towards naivety for plotlines, but it has gotten better.

I think this could be said to be a classic comic-book-fan show, not in a derogatory way, because I might class myself as being comic-book-ish, although I have only read about 5 comics, not comic series, comics.

This show is definitely worth a look, especially if you're into the idea of government conspiracy, fictional or factual. But if you’re a hard-core X-Files fan, then you might find this a slight rip-off of that, although it doesn't involve extra-terrestrials.

Give it a try.
  • A great example of a show that expands and gets better every season.

The 4400 is the kind of show that starts off with a small idea, but it then expands and grows out on its own with some awesome plot lines that essentially let the writers explore whatever the hell they want.

The idea that 4400 people return from disappearing throughout time was an interesting idea on its own, but rather than just relying on that one gimmick plot device to sell the show series, every season has seen the potential for interesting stories grow and grow.

Compared to something like Lost which suffers due to a lack of answers and more questions, The 4400 writers have the ability to give and give and give as well as release the answers that we want. Its always something interesting, and something that wants you to come back for more.

Its definatly an underrated gem, but a series that continually gets better as the series progresses. Roll on Season 4 is all I can say!
  • I love this series and now it's back on our screens (UK) it is a must see show. I miss Kyle and hope he makes an appearance in the series.

The 4400 seems as vital as ever and it appears a battle is looming between the haves (powers) and have nots. I am hoping the series lives up to its promise and fully explores the evil of Isabelle. Quite chilling, her apparent lack of humanity is nicely offset by the goodness ouzing out of her father's veins. My only gripe with the series is that it occasionally dips into the freak of the week catalogue. NTAC usally two steps behind dealing with the consequences. I also like when the relationships are further explored Diana and Mia's particularly was tested and came up trumps in Gone. Well done writers those two episodes are exactly why I still watch the series.
  • Loved seeing Isabelle looking so weak and powerless....who's with me?

"The 4400" makes television worth watching. As pathetic as it may sound... I now live for Sunday! The only episode I have missed is the very first one. My request would be to see all seasons as a "back to back" marathon. Writers for this show keep things fresh and new. The ideas are very ingenious. Being an avid watcher of "X Files", "Twilight Zone", "Taken", etc... you have a tendency to look for used ideas which mostly help you know the next move of the writer for the show you're watching. Just keep it up guys...it's working. That's a big achievement. Reviewing one particular episode wouldn't be sufficient. This speaks for them all.
  • pretty good

This show is pretty good. Pretty much a night-time soap.
    Of course, the concept is what makes it different. I'm not gonna explain it, read the show's description for that.

If you're gonna start watching this sow, start at season 1. So rent it, or buy it if you're rich.
    The character progression and plot twists are great.

The main story line is what follows in each episode, but in each specific episode, either a new 4400 ability is discovered, or someone else is doing something bad.

This is a great show to watch if you like to tune in each week to see a continuing storyline (as opposed to shows like Sliders and Quantum Leap where you can watch any random episode and know what's going on).
  • A prime example of what SciFi should be.

The notion of sending back those from the future to help the present is very interesting, and the basis of this show. You can try to debate time-travel and action-reaction principles if you like, but this "science" is not what drives this shows.

It's the characters.

Like all good shows, it's should be the personality and drama of the characters that make the show what it is. The Science Fictional setting should be just that.. the setting. Exciting things are happening in the world of this series, and the viewers get to watch real people react.

And I'm not talking react like it's a shoot-em-up movie, but actualy go through personal choices. What if you where married to a 4400? If you son was taken? What you adopt a 4400 child? And what happenes to you because of these choices.

The show is so wide open that just about any issue can be addressed, from racial-profiling, big government and to personal revolts and relationships.

The viewers turn in each week to see what's happening with the characters like they know them... and not just to see some special effects or understand the plot. That's what TV is supposed to do.
  • Superpowers are the new deserted island!

Superpowers are in right now...Just look at the success of the numerous superhero movies and the new shows that showcase people with amazing abilities. The 4400 finds a new and interesting way of allowing it's characters to gain these abilities. Since this show is comic book themed and doesn't showcase actual superheroes, it allows more interesting abilities(such as healing the DNA of unborn children), that really wouldn't have too much place on a superhero affiliated show. With mystery surrounding the intentions of the "futurites" and the type and scope of the catastrophe, the show leaves you wanting more as everything unravels around NTAC agents Tom and Diana. It's a great mix of science, fantasy, and fiction wrapped up into an engaging, very entertaining show. It's a big plus that it comes on in the summer when there isn't much else to watch, although The 4400 ranks as one my favorite shows of all time. My only complaint is that there is only 13 episodes every season, half a normal season for most shows. But that just shows I can't get enough of it!
  • Favorite show on TV.

• The best show ever

This show is so exciting its cool how people from the future took thoses people. It is definatly one of the best shows on channel 35. Other then Monk this is my favorite show on this channel so its so realistic its scary well I think its realistic because I like to believe in stuff like that my favorite character is the little girl who can see the future. My second favorite chracter is the man who can cure people when they are sick. This show is so totaly awsome because of the special effects. I just whatched this show last night.
  • This show started out great! Now well in season three it starts to get a bit disappointing. It seems that the writers are out of ideas and can't keep people like me interested and hold my attention. I hope the writers will get a new vibe.

As in my summary, the show started great. Also because the idea is new and anybody who likes sci fi series would like to get some ability like healing people etc. The first season is great, getting to know the characters, the mystery and such. Second season explaining the bigger picture about the future and wanting to correct the past. The third season didn't succesfully continue the story line. It's a bit of a mess, it couldn't keep my attention and I didn't want to watch the next episode. I even stopped looking at it for a while to get interested in it again. Now I'm watching another episode and after ten minutes it inspired me to write this review. As you can understand, I'm disappointed again. I hope the writers will get new ideas for the storyline and good new episodes, or else I'll see this show disappear after the fourth season. A critical note: Elizabeth shouldn't be that powerfull, that can disrupt the whole story. If she wants she can do anything, I wonder how the writers are getting out of that one, unless they want the world to go bad.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10