The 4400

USA (ended 2007)

walrus_8463

The 4400 Fan Reviews page 6 of 13

• All around love this show from the start.

The secind I saw the first preview of the 4400 I was all set for checking it out. It didn't dissapoint. I havent missed a season yet and even got the DVD's. I can't wait to see what abilities continue to show up and how current abilities continue to be assets or liabilities. This show is attention getting and interest holding. The complete package of a little action and a lot of human relationships. Every step of the way people are connecting and tackeling issues of prejudice and controvercy. The concept is fun and the dram is on going. An all around great show.
  • 4400 people taken from different timelines and returned to present day with the destiny of the future in their hands - and they don't know it. Collier coming back will certainly light it up though.

I reqlly enjoy this show, like most shows there's the odd flaw but nothing that takes away from my enjoyment of the series. Collier coming back has certainly put Isabella in her place as her presence put the balance of power squarely in her hands and it's certainly intriguing considering that Collier knows all about her but just banishes her to her natural habitat - the enemy camp. Really looking forward to further revelations and the fact that the 4400 (or what's left of them 'cause quite a few have died/been killed) will probably be pitted against the Super/Metahumans. Once again great show
  • Just... Wow.

This show is just amazing. The acting is incredible (props to Mackenzie, Gretsch, and Ali), the plot is more jam-packed than Lost (maybe), and best of all the show pulls off a feeling of being more about the people.

With a show so buried in finding out things, it\\\'s fantastic that the characters hold our attention more than the People From the Future. Plus, the show doesn\\\'t even feel like a trademark sci-fi. This show is a blend of many things, turning into something new that is a force to be reckoned with. Let\\\'s hope it becomes a real show with more episodes... And another season. I can\'t wait a year!
  • What can I say...?

I am new to watching The 4400 but the more I watch it the more I like it and am drawn into the plot. My only hope, and its really small, is they don't pull a reset button and this never happened. BUT, I don't think they will.

Anyhoo, I love the ideas and the characters. I like the stories and how they don't waste time will mindless filler episodes. If only other shows were like this one. But, of course, this is the quality TV you get from people who once did DS9! Keep going, I'm hooked! Love it!
  • The more I watched,the more excitement I have for this show.

Sometimes I thought that, why the talent of The 4400 wasn't real in this world. Some people was brought back and have a gift which make them different from others. If it was real in our real life it would be great but if someone use it in the wrong way, it could make us go to hell... I think in the beginning of the show, season 1, it's not like.. very much entertaining but I still watch because it left me with something to find out. In Season 3, I like the whole season because it was very fun and excitement. I enjoy the show a lot...
  • This is a great show. Although it has some slow parts to it, if you just bear with it it gets good. It has a good build up of stories and characters. I enjoy it every week.

I love the line it follows. The beginning of each episode gets off to a slow start, but they usually end it with a bang. I like to be in suspense, and this show does it. Keeps me waiting every week. I always want to know what comes next. I also think they did a great job on the website. It is really interactive and informative. It helps you get a background on the characters. I like the way the plot it brought together and how they show a great deal of emotion between all the actors. It makes for a great time on sunday nights.
  • 4400 people were abducted at all diff times, but brought back all at once. they now have powers witch some use for good and some, not so good! why were they brough back? whay do they each have unusual powers? what are their purpose?

I love this show! Try to watch every episode I can. It's great, orginal, and exciting! Just wish they would bring back some of the main characters, they took off. I really wana know why everyone was sent back and what their purpose in on earth is. If you haven't seen the show, now is the time to catch up!
  • 4400 people are taken by people from the future, then returned to Seattle, Washington enmass. This show starts with chronicling their reintroduction into society and how it affects them, government conspiracy to control them, and so much more!

Season 1 starts out by looking at different 4400's abilities, and how it affects other non-4400 people around them. Each episode eventually explains how this ability or trait they have recieved from people in the future(their abductors) will benefit mankind in the long run. In subsequent seasons there has been added government conspiracy exposed, including some 4400s turning on the government, law enforcement, and at times each other. Currently each episode is not so 'self-contained' with easy answers. In contrast, it has you asking more and more questions and keeps you guessing. I highly recommend this show, even if sci-fi is not one of your favorite genres.
  • A cheesie attempt at the new genre of super narrative, many twist, supernatural drama in which 4400 mostly white americans are taken from the second half ot the twentieth century and brought to the present in order to stop some sort of catastrphe. Oh my!

2.5
    The writers seem to have no idea where they are going and too many returnees are getting way too powerful. The writers seem to have no real sense of how temporal mechanics actually work. They have set up an alien humanity that can alter the past, but aparently be immune from the effects of changed timeline in order to evaluate the changes they have made. Otherwise they would not be able to tell if what they did made any difference. The writting is very poor as is the acting. The NTAC characters always seem to come to the right conlusion really fast, even if none of the information they have should lead them. The Elizabeth characer, while a beautiful actress, just reads her lines, there is very little range there. There is nothing truely clever in the story and so far the only good twist has been that it was future man who took them, and not aliens as was popular belief at the time. I keep watching just to see it through to the end, though I have a feeling that this show is going to be continuing for a great while... unfortunately. This series wants to be a LOST or a Prison Break so badly, but is just third rate.
  • 4400 returned with power beyond our imagination. That all I got to say.

the trailer first caught my attention and surprisingly it lived up to the hype. every episode keeps you anticipating the next. it just gets better every season. i hope there's many more seasons to come. this is the only show that enables me to enjoy my sunday night. I wish this show is a depiction of ife in the future. Life would be so exciting. Usa Networks knows how to make a viewer happy. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I think this is one of the great shows on TV today and a lot of people are missing it because of the bad promotion and bad time slot.

this will get you hooked! the story is so great... sort of xmen with a twist! well, it has even better story than xmen the movie. the pace of the story is so well graphed, it gets better and better each episode.

although i do wish they have casted better and more popular actors. given better choice of cast, this could have made tv history.

but i still recommend you watch it. I'm looking forward to watching season 2!
  • It's like X-Men on prime time just without the entertaining fights.

The 4400, get me hooked and then let me down. I thought the show was mildly interesting for a while and then it took a turn to Boring town. The past few episodes have really let me down, nothing huge has happened it's just enough to skate by. However, as a whole I think show has a lot of potential, that same dynamic that caught my attention can be found again if the writers would find some more entertaining storylines. I don't want to get caught up in another "Lost" type show with more mysteries and questions than answers and that's where the 4400 is headed. I hope they get back on track because this could be an awesome show, but until then it's just average.
  • It had potential to be the next 'X-Files', and the premise presented itself well. However the show emphasized itself too much on drama. Every presenting episode produces a letdown of the what could have been.

The idea that 4400 people could have returned from the future for a 'greater purpose' is perhaps one of the best storylines on television. To crowd the show with too much unneeded drama and center around a group of individuals was this shows greatest mistake, and it will inevitably lead to its downfall.
  • Since 1946 people from around the world have gone missing but when they all mysteriously reappear in 2004, agents Tom Baldwin & Diana Skouris must figure out WHERE they've been, WHY they were taken, sent back & WHO took them!!

Wow, so long have i been waiting for a show this good. A mixture of qaulity shows such as Lost, Roswell and Smallville ( in my oppinion of course ). Each season prmiere will leave you kicking youre coffee table and each season finale leaves you wondering where your finger nails have gone! Top show, not something you'd expect for a somewhat unwatched network but either way USA's got the ball rolling with 'The 4400'. Season3 is bound to leave me floored, and i already can't wait for season4 i love it so much !! i hope i don't jinx it
  • This show has a great plot and some awesome characters.

This is a great show. I absolutely love the fact that some are stupendously dangerous, while others are like gentle rabbits. It gives it a sense of balance that most shows don't have. The plot is great to. I mean, 4400 people disappear over the past 60 years? That's great! Haven't aged a day? Amazing. It's great to see that all the abductees weren't all adults that some where children and those children all came back with some awesome abilities, not the annoying silly childish ones. I like the choice actors as well. Even though I never heard of any of them, the actors play their parts perfectly, and i couldn't see anyone else playing their parts.
  • Don’t get me wrong or anything, I really like The 4400, passed and present but I just feel as though it is going a bit down hill at the mo. Its nothing personal or anything, I just don’t go much on the third season, but I still watch it.

I really liked The 4400 for the first two series, but now I feel as though it is going down hill rapidly. I could understand the whole, they were taken to protect mankind and all but now that they got it wrong and the plan needs to be changed so Tom has to kill Isabelle. The story line is just getting out of hand in my opinion. Ok so some of you would be wondering how was the story line in hand before, but come on it’s a TV series so anything could happen, so why not have a whole load of abducted people return all in one go and all in the same place, claming to be sent back from the future to save humanity. So it would be logically to assume that they would have changed and now they all have different abilities. Any who, it’s just getting crazy how Isabelle has developed like every power one would hope for, and she is immortal. But then again we don’t know if that syringe filled with the milky liquid that Tom has would work or not.
    Why can’t there be some more plots with 4400 developing powers and we see what it is that they do and the ripple effect it causes like we did for the first two series. I don’t think that they have used it too much so that the fans wouldn’t buy it any more and think that they are just regurgitating old plots and adapting them to new situations.
    There is also that thing with Dennis Ryland (the guy that used to be in charge of Homeland Security for the area), he just seams to be out to get revenge on any 4400 after he tried to kill them and then they tried to kill him. Its just getting annoying having him on the side line and not really doing anything apart from coming in and taking control and then screwing it up.
  • Gets better all the time.

So is it just me, or is this show just not as popular as it should be? In my opinion this is one of the only shows on T.V. that is really worth watching, there is just never a dull moment. Every Sunday I just can't peel my eyes away from the screen and I can't believe everything that happens, this show is full of twists and turns that no one would ever suspect and i can't believe more people don't watch it. The 4400 is brilliant and definetly deserves a better rep in the T.V. world. I can never wait for a new episode and I just can't believe how good it always gets.
  • Awsome show, awsome idea, and awsome characters!

Ok, this show is really good. I sarted watching in the second season, and I had to see every episode. I love how every episode seems to keep you on the edge of your seat and excited for the next one. It has a great idea and is really being written well. I like how we get to see things from so many points of few, instead of only one or two. It really lets get to know all of the characters. It sometimes gets confusing, but that is one of the good things about it, because it makes you think a bit. I think this show will continue to be great.
  • Great, yet sometimes confusing show.

7.7
    When the 4400 first appeared a few years back, you could see it was bound to be a great show. From the first episode on, they would leave you on the edge of your seat with anticipation for what was coming next week. Even in its next season, they continue to do that, making you stay tuned each week thinking maybe, just maybe, the whole truth would be revealed. The first season was great, but the second season has you, at some points, confused and/or bored. But, with that aside The 4400 is a pretty good show that I think everyone should give at least one chance.
  • 4400 people are abducted over a period of years, and are all suddenly returned in recent years and none of them have aged a day. They fight with the ongoing critisicm and get through with the care of the people close to them.

This show is awesome, i started it with my mom, and since the first season was five episodes long, it was finished quickly. I then forgot about the show because of the long jump of season 1 and 2, I finally got to see the premeire of season 2 after a long wait. It was better than I remembered. This show is definnatly underaprreciated, greatly due to it's time day and the network it's on. Don't get me wrong USA have produced great shows, but it would do better on another night. Anyway it's an awesome show and should be watched by more people, please give it a chance.
  • The 4400 is one of the best shows on television today very few shows offer anywhere near this much intensity.

I missed all of season one and just happened to be changing the channel when previews for season 2 revealed they were running a marathon of season 1 leading up to season 2... Needless to say the channel hasn't changed since and I have even got my fiance stuck on this show as well thank god for tivo I never miss it.
  • 4400 people abducted from different times. All are put back all at once and have changed. They now all have special abilities.

This has got to be my favorite summer show. I love most super power shows because I'm a huge comic book geek. This show has a great mix of super powered people and drama. The third season seems to be incredible. I'm a little scared for my favorite characters since they seem to be writing off characters left and right. I really hope Isabelle doesn't turn out to be evil because I think she will be a kick butt character. I hope a 4400 has the power to at least weaken her to keep her in check. She seems to have the ability to use a 4400 power against them. Scary...
  • Even *more* teenaged cast members you SHOULD know about by the end of the summer.

Let's see...If I could put this in four words or less...The...4400...is...awesome! Everyone has their own special powers which makes them a 4400, and I have been intrigued.

I started watching during the 3rd season (well, my mom introduced me to this when NBC did a recap of what happened during the second season). Still, it's a great show, and you should be able to watch it from the beginning. It's also better if you bring some friends/family members/siblings over to watch this great show on USA.

Thumbs-up:
    Patrick Flueger!!
    Great fun from the start
    Intriguing powers and storylines

Thumbs-down:
    Nothing bad, really. Couldn't find anything wrong.

Now with that out of the way, this show will have you coming back for more...even if you're a Shawn Farrell fan. :)

I'm also willing to bet that every young woman (apologize if I'm calling anyone out) who watches this show thinks that one of the 4400s, Shawn Farrell, is hot. Well, I just think he's handsome, that's all.

MY SCORE: 10 ('Nuff said.)
  • what happend. the show just stop.

5.9
    the show had a new \"monster\" every ep.
    the show was interesting the show was interesting
  • Good idea, first few episodes were good, Kind of lost interest after a bit. But am back into it now.

I wil give any new sci-fi series a chance. I just love sci-fi in general. The first few episodes were really good and I liked the idea behind the show. The casting was well-done, no problems there really. But close to the end of the first season we kind of slowly fell out of watching it. What does that say for the show? It just wasn't keeping our attention.

I noticed new episodes on the space channel recently (ones I haven't seen anyway) so i started watching them again to see how the show was doing, and I find myself looking forward to watching more now. So i will continue to give the show a chance and hope it gets better.
  • Interesting premise...but they kinda ruined it...

6.8
    So what would happen if every missing person suddenly returned? And they came back with...powers?

I think the idea of finding every missing person ever reported is kinda interesing. But i think this show really stretched it. I mean to say that they were all abducted by aliens or w/e and then they were all returned with like superpowers of some kind? Um, yea. Kinda stupid.

To me, it could've been good. It's just a little too...off the wall. I mean, it's a good idea. But it's just too extreme.

I saw a few episodes. I was really bored.

I mean the show would drag on forever. And it was like, it took them an hour what someone else could easily portray or get across in 5 minutes, so it seemed like a waste of my time.

Anyway, i think if they had gone in a different direction with story, it really would have been a big hit.
  • Wow!!!!!!! What else needs to be said.

First of all I want to say sorry if the spelling is messed up, Always had a problen with it since i started school in 1979. I have just had the pleasure of starting to watch the 4400. i have alyays insisted on watching episodes in order. and have refuded to watch them on tv untill i get up to dateHopefully in a few days i will be caught up and be able to see the new episode as ti airs on television. I've mannaged to have all the episodes untill gone Pt 2. and with any luck it will be back on next season.
  • Awsome Show

My Best tv series Show, IT Rocks.. You\'ll love it.
    I never thought I\'d Like it When I First heard About it, after I saw the first episode I was empressed. & everytime I see one, it makes me wanna see the next, this show is amazing... although the sad part is that the 1st season has only 5 episodes? thank god it didnt get cancelled.. plus the second season has only 12 episodes if I\'m not mistaken.. lets hope the 3rd season will be long as in 22 episodes or more. this show is amazing, I reacomand atleast watch the first episode, you\'ll love it :) thank you
  • Something good during the Summer months.

The 4400 is about a group of people that have gone missing over the space of 60 years all suddenly appearing in a flash of light, no older than they were when they first dissapeared. However some of the returnies start showing signs of special abilities such as healing and telekenisis.
    It is believed that these abilities were given to the 4400 so that they could influence the course of time and change the future. But there are conflicts within the 4400 as to how they are supposed to influence the future. Some believe they are there to make the world a beter place for every one, others think they are there to make life beter for jsut the 4400 and become dominant over non 4400's.
    An original Sci-Fi show that keeps me entertained summer.
  • It's like X-men, but more realistic. My new favorite show on television, it's great.

Now here is a show that could go for seasons. There are so many possibilities. Though I have to say that it is a risky story to portray. So I have to hand it the writers and the director because it is very good. It has a little bit for everyone. Ok, maybe not the kids, but for everyone in high school and up. The 4400 is a great show that keeps everyone on the edge of their seats with its great plot twists and character development. It is an escape to a comic book style fantasy but still keeps it real. Truly something that everyone should try at least once. I practically guarantee it. Truly a wonderful show.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10