The 4400

USA (ended 2007)

walrus_8463

The 4400 Fan Reviews (383)

• one of the most pointless show in the history of tv

Ok, I sat down and watch this show, and I can't find out how it's so popular. Its the most pointless and retarted show in the history of tv, first of all, the concept of the show is stupid, and the only thing i can say they did right is that now they have every one sucked into the show, they can have an unlimited number of cast so it has a chance to run a while.
  • Whooa we missed the boat !

1.5
    This series had some great potential, and an original view point on abduction ... raised some good questions, and I was all set to like it, alot.
    That was before it took a hidious turn for the worse. I think the pinnacle point was when a grown man ( Ex military I might add ) takes off running with his wife and 'gifted'baby in the woods to avoid trouble. PA-leeeeeeese.
    That was more idiocy than I could take, and I did try to stick it out. Nope, turned it off, and haven't been back.
  • Cliche Love Scenes - We Need A Change!

2.5
    Um, we don't have any gay people so far in The 4400. Granted, we have a mixed couple having babies together. But no Nancy Boys. I'm beginning to wonder about all these love scenes we are supposed to watch and like. I wanna see some men up on that screen do some of the things these straight folks are doing. If I have to watch yours, you gotta watch mine. Fair is fair! At least put a Gaysian in there. Sheesh! Anything but Hole Punchers. We've been there and bought all the T-shirts. We need a change!

• A cheesie attempt at the new genre of super narrative, many twist, supernatural drama in which 4400 mostly white americans are taken from the second half ot the twentieth century and brought to the present in order to stop some sort of catastrphe. Oh my!

2.5
    The writers seem to have no idea where they are going and too many returnees are getting way too powerful. The writers seem to have no real sense of how temporal mechanics actually work. They have set up an alien humanity that can alter the past, but aparently be immune from the effects of changed timeline in order to evaluate the changes they have made. Otherwise they would not be able to tell if what they did made any difference. The writting is very poor as is the acting. The NTAC characters always seem to come to the right conlusion really fast, even if none of the information they have should lead them. The Elizabeth characer, while a beautiful actress, just reads her lines, there is very little range there. There is nothing truely clever in the story and so far the only good twist has been that it was future man who took them, and not aliens as was popular belief at the time. I keep watching just to see it through to the end, though I have a feeling that this show is going to be continuing for a great while... unfortunately. This series wants to be a LOST or a Prison Break so badly, but is just third rate.
  • Interesting - sometime - Not.

The first few was interesting (1-5), the next not something you just want to see everytime (6-8), and now dont see it. The serie was high rated by others - I think they just have seen the first few. There it lot of series out that better, more intessesting than this one.
  • I hoped this show would have something to...

I had really hoped this show - with its interesting premise - would have something to say, share or otherwise solicit.
    Alas, dragging mindless storylines out over weeks on end, or wrapping other short mini-themes up in one night only make the fog from which this useless lot from 'wherever' came from seem thicker than necessary.
  • Interesting Season 1. i was soo dying to know what happened?

3.7
    but after i have completed season 1 and somehow found out most of the answers, i just lost interest, i dont care what would happen to the little girl who can predict the future,
    or who is in love with who or why was his son taken and returned, blah blah... i just dont have the interest to watch it ..

sorry 4400 fans, i just dont get it!
  • Annoying recurrent theme

The writer(s) seems to like siblings stealing each others' significant others otherwise it's a decent Netflix series. Could be better written if it has less scenes which make my eyes roll.

• Better concepts than average, but never quite held up in the execution.

Like the movie "Signs," this show could never seem to decide if it wanted to be sci-fi or horror. The initial plot twist was enough to hook the viewer, and some of the follow-ups were good, but then it just got too bogged down to watch. I know we're supposed to suspend our disbelief for these things, but there's only so far you can go before you have to say, "That just wouldn't happen." This show, like so many dramas and movies, imagines both that we are beset by complex and sinister forces... and that these forces are too discombobulated to get anything right. Well, which do you want? This show would make decent viewing a few times, but nothing more than that.
  • On of the little things this show has is its own pace and atmosphere. But thats not enough. Just because other shows are bad and this is better doesnt make it quite good. Its just another show under the sun nothing special, it just follows the trend...

The whole ordinary people extraordinary stuff is getting too old too fast besides the talk of influencing the social system and the tricks that every comic lover wants to develop. Good thing they dont call them powers, that would have been the king of corn. It was fine to begin with. But now at Season 3 the transformation began - the show takes the route to becoming a drama with sci-fi elemets than the other way around. Looking like some soapy show with thousands of episodes where 1 episode containts 10 minuts of real time and focuses all on worn out dramatical twists and turns.
    And promicin ? Aint that a flaw. If you brain starts using any part of self that gives any of these abilities then it means its evolving and if its evolving it will keep evolving, meaning you dont just get a random ability out of the box, you get to use a part of your brain that controls whatever and sooner or later you will endup having more abilities than you know how to use, and then there is the training, like the telekinesis part, you need to train to be able to effect someting even the slightest. The show isnt realy a great work of film making. True that it has its own plot and not some thing done a thousand times before but still cheap drama has been done countless times and it might spice up ratings for a bit, but in the end it will bury the show. There are critical logic flaws in the script from time to time. You cant realy say the acting is on a level that is enough of a pleasure not to care much about what story they throw at you. And besides. I'm pretty sure it will have a happy personal and social ending, and some one good guy or a grop will crush all the bad guys with no support from the general population.That is specificly targeted at people's concern about the development of the real world and especialy anomalies and problems we will facing and will get worse. Its sorta saying out loud "You are an average person? -Scram, go hide in the closet. only special people with powers can change the world we live in" Just because its more profitable for some people for the rest to sit and watch ordinary people with extraordinary abilities barely scratch the surfuce in order to change the world, instead of these people act on their very ordinary world with its very ordinary problems and ordinary people wathing extraordinary tv instead of acting on it. And the usual hollywood plot where the nasty corrupted goverment will be taken down by some courage in a few good guys ending up all good and jolly world. Just because real bad deals are taken care of by a few individuals in movie world doesnt mean the same happens for real. Some may speculate that i say that because i dont see my favorite faces or styles and stories in here. But hey, if you ever seen a great part of film making you would know its not just faces, neither some super evolved plot. There are many great films that dont have an academy award and certanly Al Pacino, Anjelina J, Bruice W and Samuel J arent in them neither is Marlon Brando. The read deal work of art is turning a simple ordinary story in to a movie masterpiece, no need for a super fancy story with no special story telling ability, and if you know cinema you know that there are these masterpices out there, and it doesnt need billions for fancy projects and great FX to make a movie worth remembering a life time. So the conclusion is;

Will you be watching 4400 or any other popular show it realy depends on your favorite topics - the show has none above the average quality to offer, Neither story, story telling ability, acting or filming... Basicly most of the shows today turn into lethal in-dept character drama, wich in my opinion is quite lame. Who cares if on screen you see tech talk on repairing a star cruiser's hyperspace engine or a gay named Joe debates fixing the kitchen sink with his wife - The manner is the same who cares what the topic is. People looking for sci-fi to watch need to explore imagination, new ideas, concepts and all that not watch some petty drama. Besides whatever happened to moral integrity, this shows says out loud "The ends justify the means even if its at someone else's expense. -All we have to do is flag you as a leader and you are excused of any humane behavior"
  • i really liked it the first time but then..

4.7
    when it first came out i thought it was really good and i would stay up lator than i was supposed to, even tho i was extremly tired in the morning, i did it just so i could wathc it. But then when it finished i kinda gave up on it and thought it wouldn't come back. I saw a couple of episodes of the new series and thuoght it was no where near as good as the first. It just wasn't worth watching anymore. I thought it was kinda silly and un believable.. but i really enjoyed the first series, pity the second wasnt as good.
  • All the old cliches

4.8
    I am commenting on the first series. This has all the hallmarks of Taken. Its by the numbers sci-fi. The stories are boring and predictible. Even though this series ends in a cliffhanger I don't think I could sit through any more of the 'when is this going to end' episodes.
  • Low budget ruins it...

I've only watched a few episodes and the plot seems extremely interesting. I don't know if they're going to end like Lost or if they're really going to explain us what happened but it doesn't really matter. What matters is that the actors are terrible and it makes the show really difficult to watch. If they take the "Lost" approach, they've already failed because we cannot get attached to the characters.

Unnecessary love stories, some uninteresting drama, bad actors, no memorable scene, but overall good plot.
  • Not very original, but it's good.

The 4400 is a very interesting story that I have not seen before. What happens after a person has been abducted by ETs and returns a number of years later. They find their loved ones dead. The neighborhoods they knew are gone. Their family had assumed they're dead and moved on. What would the readjustment be like? That is the story of this very fascinating miniseries is about. I will be sure to watch the rest of this series to see what happens. I'm sure some people will learn how to cope and some will not. But is there something more sinister going on? The 4400 is the cure for the summer boredom. I wish the networks would stop putting on one idiotic reality show after another and have shows that are at least have some ambition to them. Why does junk like The Simple Life and Fear Factor stay on the air and shows with ambition are banished to cable. That's where the viewers should go. Watch this show.
  • I can't get involved. It just feels so easy.

I just don't get what people like about this show.
    It's so simple.
    Just get a bunch of superheroes and make them human.
    It must be realy easy to be a writer on this show.
    I enjoy sci-fi, but this is just so unrealistic.
    I have nothing againt the story, or the idea being unrealistic,
    a bunch of good shows has unrealistic stories.
    But the people, not only the ones thats part of "the 4400" but the agents and so forth.
    Are just so unrealistic, in the way they think, react and ineract.
    It just feels so, unfinnished, hasty ans easy.
    I don't buy it. Just not an interresting show.
  • A new and boring version of the X-Files

First off, I only watched the first season. The pilot was brilliant really interesting.

Not much was explained. Everything was a mystery.

But after the pilot the main-character turned into a Fox Mulder-clone. A FBI special agent desperatly looking for his nephew (rather than his sister).

His partner, or Scully2, was just not interesting enough as a character.

Why should I care about these characters?...

But I thought, that the series would get around the problems but they blew it. The season 1-cliffhanger was such a big let-down.
  • The pace and the "soap opera style" acting seriously destroy a great concept.

I saw such positive feedback on this show so I thought I would TiVo a few episodes and see if I could get into it.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The show was so slow that I nearly caught myself stopping it in the middle. But I wanted to see if it would pick up so I continued to sit and watch. I stayed until the end and still didn't understand why this is considered a "good" show.

The acting and the way scenes were set up was as cheesy as daytime TV. I found myself rolling my eyes with the amount of over-acting and poor dialoge.

I put this in the catagory of original idea ruined by poor writing. The actors/actress's are only following the direction of the writers.
  • I just don't get it.

I've tried watching it and it's mediocre at best. I'm not into the whole alien thing and I'm sick and tired of these kind of shows. I saw all of the adds when they were pushing it and replayed all of the episodes on USA recently, I thought it looked very interesting, so I decided to give it a shot even though it was not my usual type of show. I quickly remembered why this isn't my type of show, it didn't hold my attentiong at all. It seems to be popular for with a lot of people, just not right for me.
  • Fisrt two season great then it felt like a completely different show and not in a good way with more pulp sci fi and less intrigue what a waste

5.4
    hard to review a show as schizophrenic as this one
    it started off with a mystery
    abuction of 4400 people are sudenly returned
    we assume aliens as an orb from space brought them to earth.
    but as always its more complicated than that.
    we eventually learn that there here to prevent a catastrophe in human kinds future.
    the mystery slowly unravels and the ntac agents must enforce the law and hopefully ensure a bright future for the human race.
    and then the switch
    all of a sudden a main character dies and her baby suddenly grows up
    she an evil pantomime villian who cant act and has god like powers.so far so familar.
    now the ntac agents seem to get messages from the future all the time and promycin is available to all.
    quite what caused this shift in tone and content of the show is a mystery
    but i cant help feel cheated better they cancelled it than leave us with this low grade trash

shame
  • Ok so these people get taken away for a long time, then when they come back there famileys are all growns up and gone or what ever, but the people who get taken stay the same....

5.6
    This show is pretty good. I watch it every sunday before the Dead Zone comes on. This show is kinda confussing. You have to watch every second of it in order to understand it. I think its about 4400 people who get abducted and then years later they come back home. And its like theyve only been gone like a week or so. And it shows how they are dealing with life now that they are in a new timezone. Pretty good show. Interesting big time.
  • what happend. the show just stop.

5.9
    the show had a new \"monster\" every ep.
    the show was interesting the show was interesting
  • The show were really good, but at the 4th season I did just spoil, terrible ending.

I really did like the first season of The 4400 , was quite nice, all the misterys , so many questions .
    I really like the character Maya , she really intrigues me .
    At the beginning the show did look something like a mix of Lox and the X Files , but at the end it did turn to some weird cult , I really did not got it , it look that they run out of ideas .
    THE PROPHECY ? You got to be kidding me , sundley we go from sci-fi to some lame second class horror/action show ?
    If the evil guys are from future, the would know what would happen, why they just didn't kill the 4400 when they arrived ?
    And the part of god on earth ? Really doesn't feet on the show, just look more a anime alike.
    I did like the show but the end was really truly disappointing .
  • Something attracts me to this show but i don't know what it is...

I only started watching this show because I saw an advert for it on TV and decided to check it out.

It was very interesting, the take on UFO's not necessarily being from other 'places' but other 'times' being intriguing, humans harbouring abilities but not being able to activate them without aid.

The first season was probably the best, a lot of curiosity about what was going to happen next but also a lot of questions answered at the same time.

The next 2 seasons (season 3 has just finished as I write this) seemed to drag their feet a little, probably because the series was originally only commissioned for 1 season (I read somewhere...) so the writers had to come up with a way to drag the story out.

The style of the show is kind of x-files like but we have a more scientific explanation of what is going on, although it is not all understood.

The camera angles and music are also similar to the x-files but do not seem to have the same effect and make the show seem a little corny, maybe because the music is used too much.

The actors are good when it comes to intensity but I think the characters of Tom and Diana are intense too much of the time. Alana seems quite seductive, and I like Karina Lombard's portrayal of this character; I do have a personal adoration for her accent.

I would recommend this series to those of you who like sci-fi and sociology as it has pleanty of this. I think it leans a little towards naivety for plotlines, but it has gotten better.

I think this could be said to be a classic comic-book-fan show, not in a derogatory way, because I might class myself as being comic-book-ish, although I have only read about 5 comics, not comic series, comics.

This show is definitely worth a look, especially if you're into the idea of government conspiracy, fictional or factual. But if you’re a hard-core X-Files fan, then you might find this a slight rip-off of that, although it doesn't involve extra-terrestrials.

Give it a try.
  • The first season and begining of the second season were great! However, the way has been lost.

Season 2 of the 4400 is getting progressively worse. I'm not sure what happened to the writing here, but the latest episode was hard to watch it was so bad.

In the latest episode, Tom Baldwin and the public at large go bananas over a Rwandan 4400 who facilitated some killings during the Rwandan genocide. This was a fairly weak story line sine no one cared in 1994 made it hard to understand why so many people would freak out over a guy who didn't actually kill anyone.

But the Tom Baldwin character was particularly unconvincing. In the last episode he gained a wife of 8 years overnight because "he'll need her support" ... then she disapears completely in the subsequent episode. huh? The he freaks out over this Rwandan... but previews of next week's episode show him telling Kyle not to worry about wasting Jordan Collier.

What's up?? Writers working a a vacuum?!?

My advice... watch just about anything else and you'll be ahead of the game.
  • decent start of the sseries, but since then it's feelt a bit draged out.

6.1
    decent start of the sseries, but since then it's feelt a bit draged out.
    And of course like anything from america these days they just %#$*&$%*# couldent help but to add terrorits to the plot.
    A 4400 terrorist.....please god spare me, and strike down the scriptwrighter with a ball of lightning!!!!

• At one point during the 1st and part of the 2nd season, this show deserved a perfect score.....(Beware of Spoilers)

6.2
    What is wrong with the 4400? In essence, it betrayed itself. The drama was not about people with abilities, but it was about the essence of human interaction. Somehow, the producers forgot the people in the stories and at times forgot the stories in the people. Richard and Lily were the best examples of the idea of interaction, but Lily's death and the character alteration to Richard ended any meaningful development. The show could have gone in many directions from the outset, why not explore the idea of the 4400 as people with rights? Why not pursue the mystery longer and actually introduce different sides to the future earlier? You could have turned this show into a mythic journey of human discovery, but it destroyed itself with soap opera like relationships.

The 1st season reporter and government counter response could have been a sign of things to come. The story went beyond the heads of the writers and I think Ira Behr and his star trek cohort know how to write? What they forgot was why they failed during the run of Star Trek; they did not work on enterprise, but they contributed towards star trek's end. The 4400 storyline was convoluted towards no end with too much character back story. Dennis Ryland was a like-able character during the 1st season. Then, he turned into a horrible monster, who could commit genocide. In the 1st season, he would use his clout to protect the 4400 and it seems to be wrong character. Then, you develop the other side, the marked; if you wanted a counter movement toward the 4400, they should have appeared earlier. They should be shown as some shadowy figures manipulating the powers in play. Take a note from Chris Carter's school of producing, keep the silent cigarette smoking man hidden. Subtlety was missing after the 2nd season and that was something else wrong with the direction.

Subtlety problems may be contributed towards Robert Hewitt Wolfe of Andromeda, a good conceptual man who could have gone in many directions, but he forgot why his other show failed, too direct. People like mystery and suspense, but writers today seem to think people want instant gratification. Whoever your marketing department is, they should be fired. Sci-Fi audiences enjoy the ride of the journey, look at shows like lost, it last so long cause the mystery builds on itself with a large core audience. Neither writers led to the decline in show quality directly, but they are indirectly related. They forget why their older shows failed on the same note and it keeps repeating. I enjoy their stories, but next time, you must take yourself out of the writing process and look at what you have done and why?

Sorry for the rant, I hope you enjoyed at least part of this.
    was just channel surfing and this show caught my eye.being a lost fan im used to not knowing whats going on.i found it to be captivating in its own way........plus the song at the end of the episode was truely beautiful!!!does anyone know who sings it cause i cant find it anywhere???????
  • Good.

6.4
    Well i guess that the 4400 is a good show, although the only thing that got me into watching the series was the mini-series. I like the actual show, but it just seems to have some of the wierdest, and out there plots. And it draws out the plot so it takes ages for anything good to happen. This is because it always shows new returnees, and after a while, it gets pretty boring. They should just stick with the main charaters, such as Lily and her baby. But other than that, the shows pretty good. If you can, please say if you agree or disagree with what i have said. Thanks.
  • The 4400 is one of the most original shows I've seen in a while.

6.7
    I have to tip my hat to this one. The 4400 is one of the most original shows I've seen in a while. The characters, the plots, everything is unique. The individual struggles that the characters go through along with the problems of the community as a whole are engaging and dramatic. I hope this show keeps it up.
  • A show that has been declining in umph since the second season- It needs some "fine tuning" to spice it up a bit. I feel like the main issue is not bieng addressed- You know, WHERE THEY CAME FROM AND WHY THEY WERE SENT BACK!

6.8
    What appears to be a comet slows, hovers and stops, then bursts forth to reveal 4,400 people who were presumed dead or missing over the past 50 years. They look exactly the same as the moment they disappeared, but some of the returnees now have special powers. After one of the 4,400 commits a murder a special division of the Homeland Security Department is formed to monitor them.

BRIEF HISTORY:"The 4400" was 2004's highest-rated basic cable series. USA originally intended it as a miniseries, but the strong response led the network to order a second season, consisting of 13 episodes.
    STARS: * Joel Gretsch as Tom Baldwin * Jacqueline McKenzie as Diana Skouris * Mahershalalhashb Ali as Richard Tyler * Laura Allen as Lily Moore * Billy Campbell as Jordan Collier * Conchita Campbell as Maia * Chad Faust as Kyle * Patrick Flueger as Shawn Farrell * Michael Moriarty as Orson Bailey
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10