The 4400

USA (ended 2007)

The 4400 Fan Reviews (394)

• Thought its original shows have been a “hit or miss” affair, the quality programming that has emerged from the creative freedom and the sheer courage of its producers is by far some of the best entertainment on cable television. In this regard “The 4400”

USA, the land of the free and home of the brave. USA Networks have a most appropriate name. Thought its original shows have been a “hit or miss” affair, the quality programming that has emerged from the creative freedom and the sheer courage of its producers is by far some of the best entertainment on cable television.

In this regard “The 4400” does not disappoint. The basic premise is fresh. Four thousand four hundred people that had disappeared during a period spanning more than five decades, suddenly appear out of thin air. The show screamed “alien abduction” but it is later revealed that’s not the case (I won’t spoil it for you).

The show, consists of showing us two sides of the story, the side of the returnees dealing with their new lives and abilities; and the side of the Federal Agents assigned to deal with them.

Strong performances by most of the cast elevate this sci-fi drama from the norm. The relationships between the characters and its evolution is the key to this show’s success. Some people have dismissed this show as an X-Files rip-off, and while I’m a fan of the X-Files I must say that is not the case and if handled well The 4400 can even surpass that show.

This show is as about conspiracy as much as it is about human relationships as much adventure as it is drama. It has found the right mix, and while it is not perfect it is definitely on the right track.
  • Another investment lost...

I found the 4400 late. I ended up buying the first two seasons on dvd and watching episodes back to back which is how i watch alot of my tv. Anyway i really got into it and for the next two years carried on buying seasons 3 and 4...Then the bombshell. The show is cancelled and my investment is blown. Why? Well because the studio decided that it did not want to carry on so it cut the show. At this point the story was not concluded and we got left in limbo. I am sick of spending good money on these shows - investing my money and time only to be let down by the studios. All the fans of this show and many others ask for is that if a show has run for a couple of seasons or more at least provide the fans with a special episode to tie up the loose ends and provide an ending. I am sure most show runners would like this as well? Is it any wonder people are turning to torrents and downloading everything for free - i can understand it - why invest your money buying box sets when you never know if a show will get the ending it deserves. Anyway - THAT SAID,this is a superior sci fi show and one that is worth watching - just know going in it will not be resolved!
  • No. Words.

Firstly, I apologize for the length of this review written from a textbox that doesn't understand what and 'Enter' bar does, please continue. I've just watched The 4400 all in 2 weeks. Seasons 1 - 4. And let me tell you - I logged in to this site to leave a review. That should tell you something.

First, if you are thinking about watching this show I AM SO JEALOUS THAT YOU GET TO WATCH IT FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Second, The 4400 is so infuriatingly frustrating at times in the best ways imaginable.

Its characters are so incredibly flawed that we can (at times) forget that some of them are superhuman. Very meta. This vulnerability and depth allows for very three-dimensional characters. We feel sympathy for villains and hatred for heroes. This is necessary but oh so painful.

There are minor loose ends all over the place and the plot-lines are so tantalizing you'll believe that they've found a way to send crack through your DVR. I don't know if J.J. Abrams was busy but why was he not all up on this bitch?! They could have done a bit more with the 'wholeness' of the show had the writers been given a definite chunk of time by the networks instead of being strung along for years.

The series finale left my jaw open and my heart raw. I felt that it ended too quickly; that the writers were trying to wrap things up too quickly; that the characters were moving on too quickly. Thus is the way of the money machine that is the network.

That said, for a series which is mostly about trying to figure out the unknown, causing (and reacting to) fallout and living with your decisions...this is a sci-fi show about aliens and superpowers and good and evil and morality and reality and war and the future and hope...The ending was perfect.

All of these 'frustrators' are so perfect for the content and your enjoyment of the series.

I will be recommending this to all of my friends. I loved it. For me, the 'worst' parts of the show; what others may complain about, were my favourites. I had no idea that it existed when it was on-air. And that is a damn shame.

twitter: @ensign_poo

• How a great show like this is canceled while some really awful shows are still on the loose, i will never understand.

I never really got to watch the whole four seasons. Actually I only watched the first season. However, that season made me addicted to that freakishly awesome show. What i admired most was the directing truthfully. There were sometimes where I would get lost in the scenery, lights, backgrounds,.. etc, and forget what the actors were doing. "What is stopping me from watching the rest of the seasons if i liked it that much?" one might ask. Don't judge me ... I'm having trouble downloading it. So if anyone knows where i could download the whole 4 seasons please contact me. Sorry this is not much a review as it's a plea. Thank you
  • wheres the rest.

i just finish waching the season 4. i just want to keep whaching please bring it back . this show is amazing.
  • Awesome show. Wouldnt miss it for the world. Great Cast, great writing.

Awesome show. Wouldnt miss it for the world. Great Cast, great writing. Ejoy the storyline thorougly. Who would of thought they are from the future. Love the mix of different pasts balled up into one from throughtout the 20th Century. Top notch. Only wish more people would take the time to watch it.
  • A scifi classic with a new twist.

Cant wait for the next series of this wonderfully gripping series. One not to miss. From the very beginning I was hooked. 4400 people returned at the same time and some of them have interestingly wierd abilities. Sort of a cross between superman with a paranormal twist. Highly recommended television.
  • no way should this have been cancelled

i like to think of this show as the x-files meets heroes. the stories and characters are like a mix of the two when you look at tom and diane (mulder and scully) investigating 4400 people who have been abducted from various times through out history and then returned all at once - not aging a day. and some come back with powers and are like super heroes, or the freaks from smallville affected by kryptonite. then there is the added bonus of the ripple effect to keep fans hooked. i cant believe this show got cancelled and it should be given a movie- or tv movie- or anpther season on a different network.
  • I can't believe I only just discovered this show

One of the best Sci Fi shows that I have seen in a long time. Such a comets shame that television companies are so quick to cut off shows and not allow them to finish them off completely. I loved season 4 and still really worth watching g but felt a season 5 could of given it more scope to finish it off as did feel it was rushed too quickly by the end of season 4.

I still can't understand how I did not watch this when it was on air. Finding this on Netflix has been a pleasure to watch, but such a shame that it got cancelled :-(
  • The 4400 is one of the most unique and well acted shows on television today. Unfortunately, it doesnt reach everyone because its on a cable network.

The whole concept of the 4400 is unique. To create such an environment of mystery and strangeness (in the first season, when we didnt know the true abductors and when we first discovered the 4400's powers), is remarkable. Now, in the second season, the writers and producers are expanding their creativity. They are following the daily lives of the 4400 and investigating new cases dealing with the 4400, as these cases are brought up. Unbelievabley, unique.
  • Had Potential

I caught this show late, unfortunately its been canceled. But this show really intrigue me so I watched the first episode and I just had to find out what happens next. The characters on this show were very well developed, great actors. It's very shocking why this show got canned, it was over too soon at least it could've went on for another 2-3 seasons they had that much material left. But good show to watch.
  • 4400 come back

I would love for this show to come back!!!!
  • The 4400: Best show addicted

I've been addicted to other shows in the past. I would watch them over and over until about a month passes and I get sick of the show for a while. However, I am now entering my third month as I continue to rewatch the 4400 over and over again and is the newest inspiration to my story series. They need to bring back the show. If they need help thinking of episodes, I can turn the 4400 into the longest greatest most thrilling tv series of all time. I blame the USA network for cancelling this show
  • Bring Back The 4400 Please!!

This series is one of the best. I just finished season 4. Now I want more. Why was this series cancelled??

someone made a big mistake not to keep it going!
  • excellent entertainment to reality check

i was glued to this series because it merged sic fi with reality in a very meaningful way. It gives great foresight in what can really become truth if not already possible of what is yet to come maybe sooner then one can think. Someone made a comment that their were no active gays made visible, but it didn't matter because it was not a focus in this series. What mattered was that we already have a government and zealots in agencies who are already doing such things to people as are suggested in the series. I for one, would not be surprised if this series is censored if it becomes to popular. We definitely do not know, what is possible about the unknown. Whatever the mind can think of creatively is definitely possible.
  • # want it back on

i miss the show i hope they will do it again ill be a faithful watcher, and Heck maybe ill be in the show.
  • how I love the show

loved it <3
  • The 4400 is an amazing show with a unique story and defining characters. Well written episodes, great acting, and the believability of the stories made this a fun and entertaining show to watch.

The 4400 had a great mix of complex story lines through out the four seasons of its run. The mythological story had certain and recognizable religious tones which may have made the show controversial to some viewers. I really enjoyed the production quality of this show and all the small touches. I was satisfied with how the show ended but believe it had a lot of unfulfilled potential. There were some aspects of the stories I would have liked to seen more of or learned more about, especially Isabelle and her powers. When Richard and Lily were on the run and the tree's were bowing to Isabelle, that was a cool yet unexplained phenomenon I would have liked to know more about. This series is very original and could be considered the original Heroes as that show is very similar to this. The characters really made this show what it became as the actors all fit and played their parts perfectly. This is one of my favorite shows and I enjoy watching it from start to finish at least once each year. I only wish there were more seasons!!!!!!!
  • Interesting show - should be continue...

I don't know why some shows have to finish when there are so many fans that like it. 4400 could be a film on cinema and I'm sure it will be a success.
    The show is about 4400 people that disappear in different parts of the world and in different time. In fact they are abducted and one day they returned together in a big light. They came back with the same age when they disappear but with special abilities. They don't remember what happened in this time they were out and in some cases they returned so many years after, that they didn't have a friend or relative alive anymore.
    That abduction was explained that people from future (it can be people from another planet?) came back to abduct some people and prepare them to make the world a better place to live.
  • Awesome gutted it was cancelled

4400 people are abducted over a number of years and then one day all returned together at the same location , the returnees all then develop certain abilities and the main reason for this is to make the world a better place but not everyone believes this and the returnees are in danger from those who would like to see this not succeed , one of the returnees uncles is a government agent placed to work with and investigate the 4400 , with each passing season the show grows darker and darker but this is a good thing , the show is awesome and only critisim i would have is due to the show being cancelled there was never really a proper ending so with the way other shows are going could a TV movie be a possibility to provide full closure on this fantastic story or will whats been given have to suffice. Worry not this show is amazing and anyone who watches this will not be disappointed.

Ps - Given the timing of this show the creators of Heroes may have tried to change their storyline a bit people who gain special abilities and the main aim is to save the world rip-off of the 4400 or what!!
  • An amazing show that gets better every season.

A pretty cool show from start to the end.
    Season finale of the 4400 was awesome.There are still many questions need to be answered.Characters were full of surprises and as time passed,a new way was found in the show,not only those kidnapped had a gift but also ordinary people were capable of having interesting abilities,i must say that this was an original idea as we see Baldwin in a dilemma whether to take the injection. I would want to see what would be his ability because he had a really important place in the fate of humanity. If there was a fifth season,we could see a lot of different events.but the 4400 will be in my mind cancelled or not cancelled.It was a show full of originality,creativity...
  • Great season ender!!!!

I love this show, the season finale was great. I hope the show gets renewed for a thrid season, I can't imagine not knowing what is going happen next. It is hard enough waiting until next summer to watch it again. I love that Richard has an ability now. The show has new concepts and it is refreshing to see each Sunday along with the Dead Zone. This season was better than the first and I hope the third is even better. This is one of my favorite shows and I believe it is very original, captivating and will continue to be one of my favorites.
  • Before there were heroes, there was the 4400.

It sucks that this show got canceled, it seems that any good sci-fi show never seems to last. However, moving on, this show is the predecessor to Heroes, and while it is written and displayed in a different manner than heroes, it is a great show. the 4400 is about 4400 people who get abducted from different parts of history, and are all returned to present day Seattle with no memories, and new extraordinary powers. There are a lot of political themes as well and while the story is not as faced paced as heroes, it develops the characters and plot very well. The 4400 is great and I recommend it to those rabid Heroes fans.
  • Hard to finish watching it

I started watching the show far too late... Too many unanswered questions are left behind. Still, it's worth watching. It really sticks in your head, bugging you.

The series did surprised me many times and it will surely do the same to you and it might even piss you off, but you have to give time to it.

However i do have a warning: it's been canceled (I know you know that). Watching the season 4 ending is really cruel.. not only because you know it's a dead end, but also because it is quite a mess

at least it was for me.

I do recomend it

and sorry for any mistakes

I don't speak english as well as i would want to do so
  • Much Like Heroes But Better Actors!

This show is great on so many levels, but its flaws are obvious. Its easy to see why this great show went down. The 4400 has a very dynamic appeal to it. The power use/special effects are excellent. The characters feel very real and the acting is believable. Plot twists were great and the realistic turn of events was even better. The show gives you a good sense of the desperation and urgency the 4400 experience. The villains are menacing, illusive, manipulative, and secretive making them another great piece to this show that are so lacking in many others. The 4400's abilities fit well with their psyches nicely adding another nice touch to show. Some of the things that really killed this show were Tom Baldwin, one of the most annoying and mentally challenged characters I've seen. Having an arrogant, annoying, and clueless federal agent is bad enough, but to make him one of the main good guys that the story revolves and the shows resident moral compass was unbearable. There was way too much dialog and character thought and not enough awesome usage of their powers. Another really bad point was that all the really powerful characters have mental powers that aren't much to look at and usually don't use their powers much. For a bunch of people enhanced from the future to change events in the somewhat recent past the 4400 aren't very active. Most of the 4400 just go and resume what they did before they were taken and use their abilities sparingly and in many ways that just don't really seem important. All in all a great show that got stuck in first gear and never adapted to be something more.
  • The first season and begining of the second season were great! However, the way has been lost.

Season 2 of the 4400 is getting progressively worse. I'm not sure what happened to the writing here, but the latest episode was hard to watch it was so bad.

In the latest episode, Tom Baldwin and the public at large go bananas over a Rwandan 4400 who facilitated some killings during the Rwandan genocide. This was a fairly weak story line sine no one cared in 1994 made it hard to understand why so many people would freak out over a guy who didn't actually kill anyone.

But the Tom Baldwin character was particularly unconvincing. In the last episode he gained a wife of 8 years overnight because "he'll need her support" ... then she disapears completely in the subsequent episode. huh? The he freaks out over this Rwandan... but previews of next week's episode show him telling Kyle not to worry about wasting Jordan Collier.

What's up?? Writers working a a vacuum?!?

My advice... watch just about anything else and you'll be ahead of the game.
  • 4400 to come back

I Think it came out too early, people weren't ready for it. If it were to be shown now and the seasons continued I think they would get more viewers and better ratings. Wish they would listen and bring it back, even revamp it if necessary, though personally I thing it's great as is and will definitely do well now.
  • why did it end?

why no more seasons? This was an excellent series that kept me on the edge of my seat with curiosity I could sit for hours and watch this.
  • Join 4400 Facebook Fan Page - Let's get it back on air

Hey everyone. I know exactly what you mean. This show has so much to offer and I do agree that when it came out during that time, people were not ready for it. I want it to return back because the way it ended, it feels as though it can continue and it definitely is a story.

I have only just completed watching it myself.

I've set up a fan page for the 4400 and it would be great if everyone could go and like the 4400 fan page. Let's build a community of people who absolutely love this show, talk about the show, characters and let's spark some interest. If Xfiles can return so can the 4400. As the famous line in the show: The world will have to deal with us...
  • Where is season 5

I need to know what happens next please don't just leave us hanging like that . Its not polite. Does heaven come to earth, does tom actually take the shot. If so what happens ??? Tell me they're in the process of making it pleaseee!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10