The 4400

USA (ended 2007)

walrus_8463

The 4400 Fan Reviews (387)

• The 4400: Best show addicted

I've been addicted to other shows in the past. I would watch them over and over until about a month passes and I get sick of the show for a while. However, I am now entering my third month as I continue to rewatch the 4400 over and over again and is the newest inspiration to my story series. They need to bring back the show. If they need help thinking of episodes, I can turn the 4400 into the longest greatest most thrilling tv series of all time. I blame the USA network for cancelling this show
  • BRING IT BACK. PLEASE!!!

It was so addictive from the beginning. It was such a great story. I would watch many episodes a day. And when I saw that the season 5 was cancelled I just couldn't believe. It is so unfair to the fans. And if it was redone today it would have much much more fans, because this is one of the best series that I ever watched. Please. Bring it back with the same cast.
  • RETURN The 4400

The show was way way far better than others and it deserve season 5 and more! please bring back the 4400 with the original cast. I'm missing the Baldwin, Skouris, Farrel families including Collier and Isabelle.... how i wish ....
  • It's a trick!

Okay, we get it, the people who are responsible for canceling the show just want to see the fan base out there. They are really going to bring it back, like in the show the people come back after being away for so long, right? I really hope this is the case, because I'm watching it on Netflix and I'm in the 2nd season and I hear from other viewers it ends after the 4th season. Come on!!! That's not cool. This show is excellent. I'm a big fan of Fringe and it has that kind of feel to it. That sucks that it was canceled. That's not fair to the fans. It had a decent following. What do we have to do to get it back?
  • Before it's time

Sometimes some books or movies are created way before there time. People in 2004-2007 were not ready for this idea. Now, a days with the internet booming and all the "what ifs" out there. This world is now ready for Season 5. Same actors/actresses. Don't change a thing. IF this show were brought back it will succeed with millions of views just because of all the people who DO believe in OTHER possibilities. Hope this helps. It was shot" : )
  • Bring Back The 4400 Please!!

This series is one of the best. I just finished season 4. Now I want more. Why was this series cancelled??

someone made a big mistake not to keep it going!
  • save 4400

I just finished season 3 about to finish season 4 please bring it back I know its old.. show omg the love Isabelle
  • Absolutely marvelous 4400 times

Just got through seeing all 4 seasons on Netflix and have to say that this series is one of the best I have ever seen, along with Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries. The total package was addictive to say the least, bring it back please.
  • 4400 come back

I would love for this show to come back!!!!
  • wheres the rest.

i just finish waching the season 4. i just want to keep whaching please bring it back . this show is amazing.
  • 4400 review

Just finished watching the whole 4 seasons. Loved it - consider it to be one of the greatest Sci-Fi series ever created.

Not a movie, but a four season long TV Sci-Fi called "The 4400" - just finished watching it on Netflix - and consider it to be one of the greatest of all Sci-Fi's. Concerns 4400 people abducted by alien time travelers from the future attempting to change the history of man in the future which will be dismal unless they can change it. One warning, once you start watching it {from the beginning} it is hard to stop - took up most of the last week watching it {about 60 43 minute episodes total}. Some complained about the ending - it left me smiling. Relates to UFO abductions, religion and mythology and is in some ways reflects off of Christian mythology - but you do not have to be religious to enjoy it - a genuine trip to an alternative history/reality.
  • 4400 review

I liked the concept and show but season 3 was not great, had to move forward on that one, boring, same old, same old, it did end well, but yes the next series would be great, I have lots of idea's what could happen, I mean think of it, a new breed of people, we too are transforming but at a slow rate, evolving into higher beings with powers to create many things, this will happen naturally in the future, but yes what are the ethics around it, how will people adjust to others, who will use it for good, and who for evil, and age old question, and living proof. We all have powers or gifts at a lesser degree, we have powerful leaders, will they use their gifts to help mankind or not, we see it already on a microcosm scale, has mankind been able to use the new technology brought forth for good, or are they using it for destructive purposes, greed, selfishness, to make a lot of money. Look at geoengineering, gmo's, nuclear energy, fossil fuels, What has mankind done to this planet? I rest my case, if mankind cannot use the present technology for good, why would we be given more, more technology, more power, to destroy the human race/ That is the question, and this is why this tv series is compelling. I hope they bring it back, and people learn about the misuse of power. I would LOVE to write for this show.
  • Low budget ruins it...

I've only watched a few episodes and the plot seems extremely interesting. I don't know if they're going to end like Lost or if they're really going to explain us what happened but it doesn't really matter. What matters is that the actors are terrible and it makes the show really difficult to watch. If they take the "Lost" approach, they've already failed because we cannot get attached to the characters.

Unnecessary love stories, some uninteresting drama, bad actors, no memorable scene, but overall good plot.
  • excellent entertainment to reality check

i was glued to this series because it merged sic fi with reality in a very meaningful way. It gives great foresight in what can really become truth if not already possible of what is yet to come maybe sooner then one can think. Someone made a comment that their were no active gays made visible, but it didn't matter because it was not a focus in this series. What mattered was that we already have a government and zealots in agencies who are already doing such things to people as are suggested in the series. I for one, would not be surprised if this series is censored if it becomes to popular. We definitely do not know, what is possible about the unknown. Whatever the mind can think of creatively is definitely possible.
  • Superb show...

I started watching it and it is so interesting that once i start i have to complete whole show
  • Cliche Love Scenes - We Need A Change!

2.5
    Um, we don't have any gay people so far in The 4400. Granted, we have a mixed couple having babies together. But no Nancy Boys. I'm beginning to wonder about all these love scenes we are supposed to watch and like. I wanna see some men up on that screen do some of the things these straight folks are doing. If I have to watch yours, you gotta watch mine. Fair is fair! At least put a Gaysian in there. Sheesh! Anything but Hole Punchers. We've been there and bought all the T-shirts. We need a change!

• Why did they stop this show?

It was great most of the time. We just watched all of it on ROKU but I fell asleep during one of the episodes and don't know which one it was. Are there any movies after the series that catch us up on things? I wish they would start a new series but it probably wouldn't be as good. The last few episodes sound a lot like information from the Bible in Revelation.
  • # want it back on

i miss the show i hope they will do it again ill be a faithful watcher, and Heck maybe ill be in the show.
  • Annoying recurrent theme

The writer(s) seems to like siblings stealing each others' significant others otherwise it's a decent Netflix series. Could be better written if it has less scenes which make my eyes roll.

• Thank you , Netflix! This is a much needed , very informative movie!

As I was perusing Netflix looking for a great movie to watch, I came across this one. Instantly I became so addicted to watching episode after episode. Therefore I have suggested this to many of my relatives and friends as well. Currently on the last episode and then I will be on the search for another great movie. I do not consider this one a sci- fi but a movie with a message already mentioned in the Book of Revelations. However, I leave this up to you to decide. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
  • I think i am done watching series pffff

I think is better to stop series a watch alot serie but they al get is th worst after scifi channel!!
  • I can't believe I only just discovered this show

One of the best Sci Fi shows that I have seen in a long time. Such a comets shame that television companies are so quick to cut off shows and not allow them to finish them off completely. I loved season 4 and still really worth watching g but felt a season 5 could of given it more scope to finish it off as did feel it was rushed too quickly by the end of season 4.

I still can't understand how I did not watch this when it was on air. Finding this on Netflix has been a pleasure to watch, but such a shame that it got cancelled :-(
  • how I love the show

loved it <3
  • Hard to finish watching it

I started watching the show far too late... Too many unanswered questions are left behind. Still, it's worth watching. It really sticks in your head, bugging you.

The series did surprised me many times and it will surely do the same to you and it might even piss you off, but you have to give time to it.

However i do have a warning: it's been canceled (I know you know that). Watching the season 4 ending is really cruel.. not only because you know it's a dead end, but also because it is quite a mess

at least it was for me.

I do recomend it

and sorry for any mistakes

I don't speak english as well as i would want to do so
  • No. Words.

Firstly, I apologize for the length of this review written from a textbox that doesn't understand what and 'Enter' bar does, please continue. I've just watched The 4400 all in 2 weeks. Seasons 1 - 4. And let me tell you - I logged in to this site to leave a review. That should tell you something.

First, if you are thinking about watching this show I AM SO JEALOUS THAT YOU GET TO WATCH IT FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Second, The 4400 is so infuriatingly frustrating at times in the best ways imaginable.

Its characters are so incredibly flawed that we can (at times) forget that some of them are superhuman. Very meta. This vulnerability and depth allows for very three-dimensional characters. We feel sympathy for villains and hatred for heroes. This is necessary but oh so painful.

There are minor loose ends all over the place and the plot-lines are so tantalizing you'll believe that they've found a way to send crack through your DVR. I don't know if J.J. Abrams was busy but why was he not all up on this bitch?! They could have done a bit more with the 'wholeness' of the show had the writers been given a definite chunk of time by the networks instead of being strung along for years.

The series finale left my jaw open and my heart raw. I felt that it ended too quickly; that the writers were trying to wrap things up too quickly; that the characters were moving on too quickly. Thus is the way of the money machine that is the network.

That said, for a series which is mostly about trying to figure out the unknown, causing (and reacting to) fallout and living with your decisions...this is a sci-fi show about aliens and superpowers and good and evil and morality and reality and war and the future and hope...The ending was perfect.

All of these 'frustrators' are so perfect for the content and your enjoyment of the series.

I will be recommending this to all of my friends. I loved it. For me, the 'worst' parts of the show; what others may complain about, were my favourites. I had no idea that it existed when it was on-air. And that is a damn shame.

twitter: @ensign_poo

• Had Potential

I caught this show late, unfortunately its been canceled. But this show really intrigue me so I watched the first episode and I just had to find out what happens next. The characters on this show were very well developed, great actors. It's very shocking why this show got canned, it was over too soon at least it could've went on for another 2-3 seasons they had that much material left. But good show to watch.
  • a Summer wonder

The 4400 was great and captivating sci-fi drama that I whatched every week.
    4400 people from the past 40 years all over the world dissaper and re-appear in the year 2004 inwhat was belived to be a comet. they have'nt aged a dayand they have powers or abilites as their known in this show. it is revealed thatit wasn't aliens that took them (which was everyones top guess) but in fact humans from the future who tamper with the past to save the planet.

The plot is intriging, the charecters are perfect and the powers are unique, differnt but still useful withoutturning the show into a comic book.
    A show that will always stand out against the many others (Or at least it will to me, forever).

But i do have my complaints.
    First they killed off too many 4400 charecters without revealing theirpower, or with out giving them a back story, or with out giving their power or charecter any depth or charecteristics that set them apart.
    Second it was a summer show so it was on only during the summer (i know thats kind of obivius) so I would so times forget key parts of the last season after nine mouths of no re-runs
    Third thelast season was, in my opion a complete mess.

But I'm not letting that get in the way of a show that means alot to me.

• This show is a great sci fi show sorta goes with the x files in some ways some not but this is 1 awsome show

This show has great story lines and great actors any sci fi fan if u absolutly dont love this show then well no refund but everybody i no well people i told about the show they love it so if ur not into sci fi u can stil give this show a try but beware ull never quit watching
  • The 4400 is an amazing show with a unique story and defining characters. Well written episodes, great acting, and the believability of the stories made this a fun and entertaining show to watch.

The 4400 had a great mix of complex story lines through out the four seasons of its run. The mythological story had certain and recognizable religious tones which may have made the show controversial to some viewers. I really enjoyed the production quality of this show and all the small touches. I was satisfied with how the show ended but believe it had a lot of unfulfilled potential. There were some aspects of the stories I would have liked to seen more of or learned more about, especially Isabelle and her powers. When Richard and Lily were on the run and the tree's were bowing to Isabelle, that was a cool yet unexplained phenomenon I would have liked to know more about. This series is very original and could be considered the original Heroes as that show is very similar to this. The characters really made this show what it became as the actors all fit and played their parts perfectly. This is one of my favorite shows and I enjoy watching it from start to finish at least once each year. I only wish there were more seasons!!!!!!!
  • The characters make this show

I don't know how this show did it but each character was complex and well developed and the actors were outstanding. In particular, Joel Gretsch, who played Tom Baldwin was magnificent on this show. The characters were easy to like and very diverse so that everyone had a favorite. The concept of the show is truly brilliant and allowed for a never-ending well of story-lines. The brilliance of the show and likability of the characters allowed the show to survive its more ridiculous story-lines, such as the utterly unexplained disappearance of Alana Mareava, the resurrection of Jordan Collier and the rather perverse death of Isabelle's mother, Lily.

Highlights of the show included any story-line relating to Maia and the aftermath of Jordan Collier's assassination, which continued to affect characters such as Kyle throughout the series. I was so glad they killed Jordan Collier. I hated him in season 1.

I give this show 9/10. I deduct 1/2 point for the bad story-lines mentioned above and another 1/2 point for the huge cliffhanger that ended the series that pissed me off so much. Why couldn't they have made 1 more season and bring the show to rest? They had the plot material to last another 2 seasons at least.

Overall a brilliant series. We love you 4400. RIP