The 4400

Wake Up Call (2)

Aired Unknown Jun 05, 2005 on USA

• Collier = Magneto?

Maybe this has been said elsewhere, but I'm new to The 4400 so forgive me if I'm repeating anything previously stated.

After watching this episode, however, I couldn't help but feel like I was watching the X-Men instead of The 4400. I caught the similarity between 4400 hysteria and mutant hysteria in the first couple of episodes, but now they have their very own Magneto character in Collier as he tries to assemble his very own 'Brotherhood of evil mutants' to prepare for the war he feels is coming. Now he's even working on acquiring a private island (if I understood correctly) ala the Savage Land where Magneto has been known to hide out.

The similarities are incredible. I always thought the mutant hysteria storyline in the x-men was a bit overdone. It seemed too easy...too pat. Everyone everywhere being, for the most part, anti-mutant and scared beyond reason grew stale (to me) after the first couple of decades of storylines of that type. I hope that this isn't going to be the main focus from here on out in The 4400. The hysteria seems even less plausible.

There are only 4400 of these people. Most have no powers with which to scare the population. there are no super hero/villain battles taking place in the streets. There was one reporter who made them look bad, but she was soon arrested for covering up a hit and run she committed which lead to a person's death. Her credibility should have been out the window. The only negative thing to happen is that one of the 4400 was a serial killer. He did not become a kilelr as a result of being abducted however. He was a killer before he was ever abducted. I think most people would recognize that fact and not be quite so ready to condemn the entire lot of them based on the insanity of one person.

I'm still loving the show. I just hope they manage to focus more on the people themselves than this rehash of the X-Men. I'm much more interested in teh main characters and how their powers are developing than whether or not Collier is going to take his war to the streets.
  • This is the catalyst for the future!

This episode was quite amazing in it's own right, for the sole reason of the discovery in the end, which shows the goal of the 'Tower': returning probably one of the pivotal personalities of mankind to it's full mental capacities! Also, the final vision of Maia, the one of the Government treason, should be the fuel for many stories yet to come!

What I'm saying is that the writers of 4400 are doing an excellent job in the script, bringing forward many story strings, from the tenacity of Collier's manipulation to the mystery of Isabelle, the child of Lily of Richard, who apparently can do anything at will!

Good stuff.
  • Second part of a revealing season opener

7.7
    A revealing episode. Diana reads Maia diary and discover she does still have her predictive powers. One of her prediction even involves Diana's bosses directly.

It's also revealed that Lily and RIchard's daughter, Isabelle, was the one responsible for Collier headaches, which cannot even be cured by Shawn. While Lily and Richard are on the run, it turns out that baby Isabelle is already quite powerful, she manages to ripen berries and forces their hunters to kill themselves or commit suicide.

Kyle and Shawn meet up and Kyle expresses his doubts about Collier and his worries about Shawn.

Tom and Kyle get along great.
  • Wake Up Call (2)

Wake Up Call (2) was a perfect episode of The 4400 because it had a lot of character and plot development. Sean is tired of feeling trapped by Jordan, who uses Sean for his agenda. Richard and Lily are on the run with Isabel after a backwoods man and his sons start to hunt them down after an incident in the town book store. It was quite disturbing what happened in the woods. I think Diana has grown a lot since having Maia around. Kyle seems to be getting back to normal as well. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!
  • 6 months have passed Lilly baby is showing extra-ordinary powers.

Well this was an intresting episode, i mean 6 months have passed and Lilly baby is born and has some wonderful powers still i wonder how much more powerful she is going become when she grows up -she's only 6 months old she has made a man put gun to his throat and blow it up. That is rather distrubing

Sean- so now he helping guy cure sick people in exchange money for his new building money.

we discovered Father of person who could created the 4400 social powers has suddenly woken up and

on top of that 'mummy boss is going get punished for what they did to the 4400' -what a clifhanger to end with. i'm so glad they are 12 episodes this season
  • A good start to the second season

This episode was a good start to the second season, after watching season one it feels as if the story is just beginning. There are still alot of questions left unanswered from this episode, i.e. about Lily's baby, what Jordan Colliers real agenda is and how is Tom supposed to help the 4400 save mankind? (Just to name a few).

We know the reason why the 4400 were taken and sent back, but why these particular people were taken and how are they supposed to help save mankind I guess we will find out as the show progresses.

The story is very intersting and is starting to take shape, I can only hope that the rest of the season is great.

I enjoyed following how all the characters have developed since the end of season 1 and I think the characters in the show are interesting and the actors (and actresses) portraying them work well together. I look forward to watching the rest of the season.