The 4400

White Light

Aired Unknown Aug 08, 2004 on USA

• White Light

White Light was a perfect conclusion to the first season of The 4400. I enjoyed this episode because it had lots of character and plot development with Kyle, Collier, Richard and Lily. I enjoy the complexity of the series and the depth of the characters. Jordan has shown his true intent towards Lily's baby, and I thought it sad that Richard and Lily had to flee. I thought it was cool that Tom and Diana finally got on the same page about Sean, and it was great how Diana helped to rescue Kyle from Lytell's forces. The end of the episode was very intriguing as the trees bowed before Lily's baby!!!!!!!
  • Excellent Episode

Kyle has finally understood who and what he is.....another being is inside him and that person, from what I saw, needed to go home. This is the sort of TV I've been looking for. I just finished watching the 5th episode of the first season of the 4400 and I'm totally hooked. I'm a latecomer to the show, but, actually, that's the way I prefer it. Now I can watch a couple of seasons all at once and savor the wonderful originality of each episode all at once. I know...this really isn't much of an episode of the show itself. I just had to say how much I enjoyed it!
  • Kyle is kidnapped and when Tom finds him, he discovers what happened to the 4400.

What an excellent season finale. It provides some answers yet leaves you wanting more and hints that there is indeed more.

Lily and Richard find out that Collier does not have their best interests at heart and decide to flee. At the end of this season, Lily's baby is about to be born and the season ends with a great view of trees bending over, seemingly to follow the car with Lily in it.

After Diana and Tom rescue Kyle, he wants to return to the location where Shawn was 'kidnapped'. During some sort of trance, Tom discover that the 4400 were taken by people from the future in order to save mankind.. Kyle is shot, but miraculously recovers and does not seem to remember anything since his accident...
  • Warren: “I’m coming.” Ryland: “I don’t care what the hell you do. Just keep your mouth shut and stay out of my way.” Don’t sugar-coat it, Ryland. Give it to him straight.

Tom and Dianna have come a long way. Dianna was constantly there for Tom throughout the episode, even when Tom didn’t know he needed her. (My favorite scene was when they worked together to break Kyle out of custody.) Tom and Dianna finally have everything out in the open between the two, and they’re on the way to building a strong partnership. It’s been enjoyable to witness the transformation they’re relationship has experienced since the pilot, which is an impressive feat for a short five-episode season.

Warren is becoming a serious nuisance. Locking up Kyle; going to Maia’s daycare. How intuitive of Maia to not like him. I hope he’s not back for next season; I really want Ryland to keep his job.

Lilly’s baby has sickle cell anemia? That’s a surprise. Is Richard the father? I bet he is. That must be why Jordon wants them apart so bad. Jordon obviously wants to get the baby, but apparently she/he doesn’t like him. What did Lilly’s baby do to Jordon in that last scene? The child is obviously a powerful force, wonderfully symbolized by the bowing trees in that final scene.

How could Sean’s mother yell at him like that? Sean didn’t mean to hurt Danny; he was simply defending himself. I can understand why Sean turned to Jordon. Sean’s whole family has turned their backs to him. I fear, though, these Jordon business can’t lead anywhere good.

Kyle is a channel for the future to Tom. In the future, humanity is dying. The 4400 were taken and brought back in 2004, when the path leading to the catastrophe begun. An interesting idea that brings up many exciting possibilities for season two. Especially now that Tom has been chosen as the savior of humanity.

I certainly enjoyed watching Tom loose his cool this episode, especially when he held the gun to Warren’s head. Don’t mess with Tom’s family. At least Kyle came back in the end, although with no memory of the past few weeks. I don’t think Tom would be very willing to work with the future if they had sacrificed his son.

Final Notes and Quotes

- Lilly and Richard are now on the run from Jordon.

- Maia doesn’t want her visions. Like every other kid, she just wants to be normal.

- Milo has a crush on Dianna.

- Richard was falsely accused of attaching a white woman in 1945.

- I can’t believe Warren shot Kyle. Tom would have been beyond pissed if he had died.

- (Tom holds gun to Warren’s throat.)
    Warren: “Ryland, want to give me some help?”
    Ryland: “It’s a tough call.”

- Dianna: “What are we going to do about Kyle.”
    Tom: “We?”
    Dianna: “Of course we.”

- Tom: “When we were first assigned to the 4400 you were calling them disease vectors and viruses.”
    Dianna: “I know what I was calling them. Have you noticed any change in me lately. Maybe because, I don’t know, I have one of them living in my apartment?”

Final Rating: 4 out of 4 stars. Now on to season two...

- Tim Bronx
    Find this and many more reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.com
  • Tom and Diana rescue Kyle who was captured by US agents. But Kyle doesn't want to hide, but to go to the place where Shawn was abducted years ago. There Tom discovers the truth about The 4400.

Well, that is a great season finale. There's a lot of action, suspense, a little romance, and there are of course dozens of answers. I enjoyed revelation of the reasons why 4400 people had been abducted. I think it is a great, and logical idea as well.
    Through the huge story about Kyle, all the other storylines - like the one about Richard and Lily - fell a bit too short. But obviously we'll get more on those stories next season.
    I'm also very anxious to see how Shawn evolves during the second season. Hopefully they don't make him to a second grade main character.
    The only thing I have to criticize is the shooting at the end. First Kyle is shot, then we see the alien coming out of him, and suddenly he is alive again. If they needed Kyle for the second season, they should have dropped the shooting completely.
  • Perfect Conclusion.

Season one finale......and boy was it worth the wait.

I remember watching it two years ago when it aired and wondering if the show would be back because it was intially supposed to be a mini-series, but my answers and prays we answered when the finale aired. The way it ending.......you just knew that it would be back.

We learn that Tom has to help the 4400 in their fight to save humanity who is dying out in the future.

Lily and Richard broke free from Jordan with nasty consquences.

Overall, brillant season finale........ WHAT A SHOW!!!
  • Excellent Episode