The A-Team Forums

NBC (ended 1987)

Movie

danthevan

[1]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 1

Any news on the upcoming A-team movie??

rumor is that merdocks part should get jim carey

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dagurlpink2006

[2]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 7
    i don`t think there going to make the NEW movie of A-TEam

BRAH

[3]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    If there's a God, they won't do it.

Please let these TV shows adapted to film, STOP!

dougalderman

[4]Aug 20, 2006
    • level: 34
    It has been rumored that an A-Team movie remake will occur, but will focus on Iraq war deserters instead of heroes.  Clooney is supposedly on-board.

supperkat

[5]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 6
    Who'll play B.A ?

BRAH

[6]Jan 10, 2007
    That's a horrible idea.

Clooney will almost certaintly bring politics into the film, and "The A-Team" was never about politics. It was always a family show.

stlateamfan

[7]Jan 17, 2007
    If the movie is made, I'm sure there will be enough loyal fans who will go and see it, despite the way it turns out. They did a pretty good job with Charlie's Angels and Miami Vice wasn't too bad. Not to mention all the new comic book movies. You can't tell me that there won't be an audience in today's shoot-em-up generation for a modern day version of The A-Team! It's just a matter of getting the right people to play the parts...  

dougalderman

[8]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 34
    BRAH wrote:
    That's a horrible idea. Clooney will almost certaintly bring politics into the film, and "The A-Team" was never about politics. It was always a family show.
    I agree completely. Last I heard, the film has stalled well before pre-production and I would be surprised if this wasn't a leading reason why.

DragonFlyJones

[9]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 5

stlateamfan wrote:
    If the movie is made, I'm sure there will be enough loyal fans who will go and see it, despite the way it turns out. They did a pretty good job with Charlie's Angels and Miami Vice wasn't too bad. 

i hate to say it but those movies sucked and they had the nerve to make 2 charlie's angels i wasn't too thrilled about miami vice either, the remake flood gates have officially been opened. i'd rather watch these shows in reruns or  buy/rent the dvd's.

tjoceasde

[10]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 18

Personally, I think that if there is a movie then it shouldn't be an adaptation of the original series, but rather a continuation.  After all, they got gypped in the way of a series finale.

My idea for a plot outline would be something like this:

Three years after the last episode, the guys performed one final mission, smuggling important documents out of the Soviet Union that could ultimately end the Cold War.  But as they were escaping, they were discovered by the KGB and while Face, Murdock, and B.A. managed to escape, Hannibal got caught in the crossfire and was killed (this would account for George Peppard's death).

At the same time that this was taking place, Vice President Bush had just been inaugurated as President and with the new position came the knowledge that the A-Team had been working for them for the last 5 years.  After the team got back, Bush felt that without Hannibal they were no longer of any use to them.  So he gave the surviving members the pardon that they had been promised by Reagan.  Now free to live their lives, the members of the team went their separate ways.

20 years later.  The situation in the Middle East has grown much worse.  A top Al Quaeda lieutenant has escaped from the military in Afghanistan and he is believed to have nuclear capabilities.  It looks as though the U.S. is in grave danger, and the remaining members of the A-Team are the only ones who can save us from total destruction.   

I don't know, I think that it would be kind of interesting to see a cast reunion instead of a remake.

stlateamfan

[11]Feb 22, 2007

According to Wikipedia, the movie is officially scheduled for release in summer of 2008, with Stephen J Cannel & Frank Lupo writing it along with Bruce Feirstein. The movie will supposedly carry the same plot of the show as wrongly accused soldiers of fortune but most likely from the first Gulf War. And the original cast will appear but only in cameo roles. So I guess all of the general rumors have been true. It's unclear however weather it'll be released by Fox or by Warner Brothers, but it definitely wont be Universal. No matter what, it'll be a tough year for it because it'll be up agaist movies like Indiana Jones IV and Rambo IV, and the next Batman movie.

Edited on 09/09/2007 9:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

BRAH

[12]Apr 26, 2007
    I'll believe it when I see it. This movie has been in development hell for a decade.

I remember news stories about an "A-Team" movie back in 1995/96. WAY before the remake craze ever took off.

I say...

Mel Gibson - Hannibal
    John Stamos - Face
    Jim Carrey - Murdock
    someone off the mark - BA

Yeah, we always hear Ving Rhames, or Michael Clarke Duncan, or Ice Cube... I think i'd like to see maybe a lesser known for BA.

BRAH

[13]Apr 26, 2007
    Maybe Terry Crews for BA.

JohnnyPromoshot

[14]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    For B.A. how about the guy that played "Terry Tate" in the Reebok commercials a few years back? He looked like a guy who could deliver some punishment. I really hate when Hollywood casts roles just on name$ and not talent (Colin Farrell please stand up). Clooney already buried one franchise (90's Batman) so I don't think he would want to risk it again. I like the idea of Mel Gibson... he has proven himself to be a good military commander (The Patriot and We Were Soldiers) and he would make a nice Hannibal. Jim Carey as Murdock in concept sounds alright, but I doubt he would want to do it (he's trying to distance himself from the Ace Ventura character). I would have to default to someone like Billy Bob who can pull off multiple personalities and seem truly insane. Faceman should be someone like Brad Pitt, I like how he is in the Oceans movies as a con-man and he could pull it off here too.
    Edited on 09/14/2007 4:47am

chairthief

[15]May 7, 2008
    • level: 2

I'm not suggesting parts for one second but am I the only one who thinks that Michael Weatherly (DiNozzo from NCIS) looks a helluva lot like a young Peppard? Just a thought!!!

Not sold on a A-Team movie or even a remake of the series but would definitely watch it either way.

stlateamfan

[16]May 31, 2008
    Well NOW according to Wikipedia, the movie's been pushed back yet AGAIN and is scheduled for a June 2009 release! And yet there are still no definate actors casted for the roles! Just rumors. John Singleton is however set to do the directing.("Boyz n the Hood," "Shaft," "2 Fast 2 Furious") At this point I think people wont care how good or bad it is, as long as it actually comes out. It's been nearly ten years now and we're tired as hell of waiting. The boys could have refought the whole damn Vietnam War in the amount of time it's taken them to get this thing out!

angten777

[17]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 6

stlateamfan wrote:
    Well NOW according to Wikipedia, the movie's been pushed back yet AGAIN and is scheduled for a June 2009 release! And yet there are still no definate actors casted for the roles! Just rumors. John Singleton is however set to do the directing.("Boyz n the Hood," "Shaft," "2 Fast 2 Furious") At this point I think people wont care how good or bad it is, as long as it actually comes out. It's been nearly ten years now and we're tired as hell of waiting. The boys could have refought the whole damn Vietnam War in the amount of time it's taken them to get this thing out!

cool

Woolsey

[18]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 51
    I hope it never comes out. The magic of the series could never be captured.

scotchex2

[19]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 10
    I would love to see an A-Team movie. Or even an updated series. Of course, I'd watch it even if it were bad just for nostalgia's sake.

RetroTVMan

[20]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    Apparently, there are remodeling the whole project b/c John Singleton dropped out. Joe Carrahan will be directing and its set to be released in 2010!