The A-Team Forums

NBC (ended 1987)

season 5 was awful!

webe123

[1]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 4

I used to watch the A team all the time when it came on TV in the 80's and recently have watched them all the way through. But season 5 completely sucked! You could clearly tell it was a show that was desperate to make changes just to stay on the air to please executives at NBC....for another measly 13 episodes? How pathetic!

Of course, making a show where you have a special forces unit that could not shoot a gun straight and hit or kill someone and only seem to "shoot in front of them" was in itself, insanely stupid.

Not to mention cars in chases that instead of running into the back of other cars...always did a flip! Oh and you were lucky if anyone could hit even a tire now and then...no matter if they are shooting point blank range and BA's van is not even touched! Unreal and fairytale like!

But at least in the first four seasons....you had a very funny group of guys going around helping people. It was more of a comedy than anything serious.

Then you have season 5.....where the A team is caught tried and convicted of murder. (That was a GREAT one for kids to see...who made up a lot of the A team fanbase) And the Hannibal having to bow himself down to some idiot retired general and do his bidding.

Sorry, but season 5 absolutely su8cked and in my opinion, if they were going to end the series, they should have ended it with some kind of dignity....not the sorry last season the show endured!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

The1PDean

[2]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 2
    I never liked A team, granted I was abit young when it was around. But every now and then I catch a episode on TV, mr-T is an amazing ball of comedy. With his constant same lines its what the show is remembered for, ooh and "I love it when a plan comes together"

webe123

[3]Aug 26, 2010

Yeah the comedy part between him and H.M. Murdoch was hilarious. But that all changed with the 5th season. They tried so hard it seemed to please those executives and in the end the show STILL got cancelled after 13 episodes. If they were going to go out, they should have gone out in the 4th season.

Another strange thing is....they NEVER had an episode where they finally got pardoned! I guess the executives cancelled the show before cannell could write an ending for it...Oh well!

Edited on 08/27/2010 4:03pm
    Edited 3 total times.

princessFirefly

[4]Feb 15, 2011

well i rather liked season 5, but wasn't the best but wasn't all that bad. i didn't like that the team was forced to work for the CIA but i thought it was a good use of their skills!

Karlam20001

[5]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 9

I beg the differ.I had high hopes of the Fifth Season being GOOD.The episodes were not as exciting as in the previous seasons,but not so bad.There are afew good ones that stick out as exciting,and have become among my favorites.They are "Theory of Revolution",The Crystal skull",and The Spy Who Mugged Me".The latter one being a James Bond Spoof episode.I also had hoped that the season would end with The A-Team finally being free to live normal(not being chased by the Government)lives.But alas the ends without a proper ending

geo1975

[6]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 6

Season 5 was not awful, there were some good episodes and some promising ideas in there. As for the changes, they weren't just there to appease NBC bosses. Robert Vaughn was drafted in in a bid to diffuse the growing animosity between Peppard and Mr T.

I do agree, though, that it would have been nice to have a final episode that could have tied everything up. But sadly, the show was cancelled before they had finished making the agreed number of episodes, so the final episode was made up of a re-used scene from season one and a storyline that was almost completely ripped off from an episode of Starky and Hutch.

I will always look back on The A-Team with fondness, regarless of which season I'm watching.