The A-Team Forums

NBC (ended 1987)

The A-Team being remade into a Movie

twopratt

[1]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 23

I have read recently that the A-Team is being made into a movie that will be released in 2009. It will have John Singleton directing and Ice Cube has been touted as playing Mr T's role. This had disaster written all over it.

I am starting to get really annoyed at all the re-makes that are starting to happen.

What are peoples thoughts?

Edited on 04/11/2008 12:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chriseternal

[2]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 32
    I agree that this movie will probably be a disaster. One problem with remakes, I think, is they are made long after the show has no appeal anymore. Like Miami Vice, Starky & Hutch, etc. these shows ended decades ago. If ever a movie was to be made about them, it should have been shortly after the show ended as a treat to it's fans. Not decades later when only your old die hard fans care anymore, and then you insult them with a terrible movie? No, it's not cool at all. Coming soon....a Cheers movie. Lol

stlateamfan

[3]May 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    The only advantage really is that maybe it can reawaken some interest in the show and get a whole new generation interested in it. But the truth is that the only people who show the most interest in it is fans from back in the old days. And all that leaves us open for is major disappointment. I agree though. Hollywood's so full of unoriginal ideas that it's not even funny. What's even worse is when they make remakes of old shows into NEW shows! Say for example Battlestar Galactica! Uugghh! Even the new sequels, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Rocky and Rambo can't measure up to the originals. It's a shame really.
    Edited on 05/31/2008 8:54pm

dju010

[4]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 88
    -closed-

Reason: duplicate topic.

the editor