The Abbott and Costello Show

CBS (ended 1954)

gwactuary

The Abbott and Costello Show Fan Reviews (10)

7.3
  • I can see how some people say that there are problems with The Abbott and Costello Show but I personally think that it is still very enjoyable.

I can see how some people say that there are problems with The Abbott and Costello Show but I personally think that it is still very enjoyable. It's nowhere near some of the other shows that I've watched lately but it's just because those were particularly good not that SHOW was particularly bad. Recommended if you have time to spare.
  • Still funny

I first saw the Abbott and Costello Show when I was a teen, now I have it and it's more fun. The humor is basic, but still great. The show has many good episodes as in, "the Haunted House, pots and pans, the music lovers," and so on. "Who's on first," is on the last episode.

Still, on today's scale, it is funny. I like it better than all sitcoms on tv now. The humor isn't dumb or crude as they're now. The introduce to the show is nice, it give you a nice play feeling as it beings on stage. Lou and Bud, do the best job. Sid Fields also does a great job in his many roles. Mike the Cop is a good one, with Brooke and the Italian guy; Joe too.
  • one of the greatest shows next to seinfeld

this show was so great and pointless. it reminds me alot of Seinfeld and the jokes are just great. things like his father was a mudder and whos on first base crack me up all the time. This show has stood the test of tiem, and is still popular today.

EROK
  • The Perfect Show!

The Abbott & Costello TV Show is the best way to know this classic duo, the universal movies are great but the film stories sometimes were most important than the duo. This show, is 100% pure Abbott&Costello, you get all the classic routines in the mad world of Abbott & Costello, ingenious and ingenuous, in a brilliant comedy tempo, is the real lost link between the past(Charles Chaplin, The three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy) and the present TV comedies (Benny Hill, Seinfeld, Simpsons,Mr. Bean, The Office). A new 2008´s 100th anniversary DVD edition,is the opportunity to know this Comedy Bible.
  • Now all of the Abbott and Costello movies and shows was better then great...

Now I wish I could find there shows on tv again... Yea they do have some for the different holidays through out the year. Now they was right up there with the 3 stooges minus a stooge. But there are a lot of good shows of theres out there but it is hard to find them even with cable.
  • Very desent repectfull show

When this show was on I watched it every time I could! (on tvland) I thought that the characters were really funny and all had great personalities. The comedy in My opinion was really funny. It was really cool all of the great acts they did. In My opinion these actors are some of the funniest and talented ever seen. In fact, The things that goes on in this series' cartoons are in My opinion nuts which that is what makes them hilarious! There are so many to like and laugh at and the silly things they do! If you like the The Three Stooges and the Abbott and Costello feature films then I strongly recommend that you watch this show today!
  • I just love this show .i especially like the famous who`s on first.

I just love this show.i especially like the famous who`s on first.it`s so funny.the famous who`s on first is the best skit in any movie ever.every one may disagree but i`d give it a for sure two thumbs up.(so would my friends)you should watch it when ever it is on.
  • Abbot and Costello: Two comic masters.

Although old, Abbot and Costello can still make anyone with a good sense of humor laugh. The show aired in the 40's to 60's, and is still one of the best variety shows ever made.

The brand of comedy is a mix between pure slap-stick and physical humor, and thought out comedy. Also, it was filmed live, so there was a lot of unintencional humor involved.

The only downside to Abbot and Costello is that it was so old, it is hard just to get a DVD or VHS that has good enough quality to hear and see what's going on.

If you love comedy, buy Aboot and Costello NOW! And if you still don't believe me that this is the best comedy you can find, listen to their most famous skit; Who's On First. It is the funniest skit I've ever heard, and it was the skit that made them famous.
  • I get a funny feeling whenever I watch The Abbott and Costello Show on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe. This time, it's no exception.

I get a funny feeling whenever I watch The Abbott and Costello Show on tv. It sends a chill up my spine in a way that I can't quite describe. This time, it's no exception. When I picked this up during my visit to Blockbuster, I knew I was in for a treat as I have been so many times felt before. I was right! If you haven't gotten this yet, beg, steal, buy or do whatever you need to get it. You won't regret it.
  • If you like their movies, you'll love this!

There movies are classic comedies. If you didn't know, their movies are pretty much a bunch of skits with a plot built in. Their show is so great because it has the great skits, but the story is only about 25 minutes long instead of 1hr 20mins. Abbott and Costello are probably the best comedy team ever. The Three Stooges are not funny. They just hit each other over and over again in a non-funny and repetitive way, use cliche sound effects, and do other stuff that's not funny. What these guys. The humor is better and smarter and you will say "wow, the writers are geniuses".