A The Academy Awards Community
ABC (Returning March 2nd, 2014)

Everyone's favorite dancing comedienne and talk show host, Ellen DeGeneres, will return to host the Academy Awards for a second time on March 2, 2014, ABC announced today. 

After last year's controversy regarding host Seth MacFarlane's questionable comedy stylings, it's probably wise that the Academy went with someone who's generally considered perfect by every single human being on the planet. “She is the consummate entertainer, equally beloved by her peers in the industry, movie fans, and television viewers," ABC President Paul Lee said in a statement. "We very much look forward to having her back on ABC for Oscar Sunday.”

DeGeneres, who last hosted the awards show in 2007, announced the news herself this morning via Twitter, "It's official: I'm hosting the Oscars! I'd like to thank The Academy, my wife Portia and, oh dear, there goes the orchestra."

Now that DeGeneres is hosting, what's your excitement level for the 2014 Oscars telecast? Watch this clip of her opening monologue from 2007, then let us know in the comments whether you think the Academy made a wise decision.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/2/2014

Season 86 : Episode 1

Next Episode

AIRS ON 2/22/2015

Season 87 : Episode 1

33 Comments