Did anyone actually watch the 2008 Academy Awards?

kevinb4444

[1]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 20

I watched my usual 5 minutes until the actors started trying to force their beliefs on people like they do every year. Which means basically I watched about 5 minutes of it.

Edited on 02/25/2008 12:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sudelnuppe

[2]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 16
    kevinb4444 wrote:

the actors started trying to force their beliefs on people

Care to elaborate on that? Who forced their "beliefs" on the people?

Fwirrel

[3]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 52
    I watched some of it and I enjoyed it. I didn't notice any 'forcing beliefs'. I did notice a lot of making fun of politics and other beliefs, but nothing serious.

kevinb4444

[4]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 20

that is bias they put it in their moveis and shows, and it would be all joking if some weren't political activists, it makes it obvious that they are poking at Republicans because they are Democrats, or people like Madonna who wasn't there that I know of but she haspushed Kaballah on people, just like Tom Cruise and Scientology. I don't think there should be bias on either side of the coin, it wouldn't be so bad if they excepted there awards and just said thank you, but they always have to add something in to throw their two cents. I'm sure most think I'm being extreme but hardly, this is the only way to explain it since most people just don't get it, or don't believe it.

Just my opinon

Fwirrel

[5]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 52
    kevinb4444 wrote:

that is bias they put it in their moveis and shows, and it would be all joking if some weren't political activists, it makes it obvious that they are poking at Republicans because they are Democrats, or people like Madonna who wasn't there that I know of but she haspushed Kaballah on people, just like Tom Cruise and Scientology. I don't think there should be bias on either side of the coin, it wouldn't be so bad if they excepted there awards and just said thank you, but they always have to add something in to throw their two cents. I'm sure most think I'm being extreme but hardly, this is the only way to explain it since most people just don't get it, or don't believe it.

Just my opinon

I see your point in saying that some people say their views and such, but why is that a big deal? There's no reason to take offense of it or be annoyed. I'm not trying to be rude, just my opinion. I think that everyone is entitled to their opinion, even celebrities accepting awards. I think the opinions and commentary make the awards a lot more interesting and watchable. Most people don't want to see a ton of people just saying 'thank you'.

dude6363

[6]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 60
    I watched the entire broadcast.

Selk

[7]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 23
    I watch the entire broadcast as well. The best Oscar show I've ever seen? I don't think so but this year I was glad to see it because it nearly didn't happen. After the fiasco that sunk the Golden Globes I was so afraid that it was going to be repeated here. It wasn't a great show but I was relieved.