The Academy Forums

Saturday 9:00 PM on FOX Reality ChannelIn Season

My Thoughts

adam8it2

[1]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 9
    I went through the LASD Academy in 2002. Many of my partners and I liked the first few episodes. I can tell you the yelling and craziness is absolutely realistic. Deputy Miley and the other instructors are that way and even more intense when the cameras are off.

I feel the show got a little weak after about the halfway point. This probably due mostly to making it good reality television rather that just showing reality.

After speaking to Academy staff and recruits from 356 who witnessed everything firsthand, it sounds like it probably hurt the Department more than it helped. We had a couple of recruits show up at my facility and they were pretty full of themselves.

One instructor told me the recruits would often line up waiting to be the next one interviewed rather than studying or just sitting quietly like the rest of us had to do. In the end, that kind of stuff just hurts the overall integrity of the training.

My understanding is they will rebroadcast the show on UPN and, if it does well, they'll film another one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cbreseman

[2]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 8

ALL cops are full of themselves... so why is that something new? Every "officer" or "law enforcement offical" I've dealt with was/is full of themselves. Even when I was shot and identified my shooter they still were full of themselves by not taking me seriously. So this particular class being full of themselves over all others? I doubt it, like I said every encounter has been an expirience I wouldn't want others to have.

_Sinbad_

[3]May 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    cbreseman wrote:

ALL cops are full of themselves... so why is that something new? Every "officer" or "law enforcement offical" I've dealt with was/is full of themselves. Even when I was shot and identified my shooter they still were full of themselves by not taking me seriously. So this particular class being full of themselves over all others? I doubt it, like I said every encounter has been an expirience I wouldn't want others to have.

No they are not, they're backbone of our society, i resent that !!

anticrime14

[4]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 3

_Sinbad_ wrote:
    cbreseman wrote:

No they are not, they're backbone of our society, i resent that !!

Yeah! Me too! I would love to join the police academy one day.

Maybee some of them are full of themselves but not all of them.

Edited on 04/09/2009 8:52pm