The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

Socrates' Sister

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 1993 on FOX

• Brisco catches Jack Randolph a member of Bly's gang and a counterfeiter who is planning on printing a substantial amount of illegal currency. Socrates sister comes from the East to defend him and breaks Randolph out only to have Brisco give chase again.

This is the second episode on the DVD after the Pilot, but the fifth of the series. We learn that Iphigeneia Poole, Socrates sister played by Judith Hoag is hired by Randolph to defend him and then he woes her into breaking him out.

It seems that Randolph has got together with Pete Hutter, the man who doesn't like his gun touched, who we believed was killed in the Pilot. Pete has half of the bill plate and Randolph had buried the other half in a town that is now 50 feet under water. Fortunately for Randolph, Professor Whitwire has a new underwater suit that will go at least that far down and he kidnaps the good professor.

Brisco, Comet, Socrates, and Iphigeneia must save the professor and stop Randolph and Pete. In the end we think Randolph is dead and Pete disappears I'm sure to reappear later. Bowler manages to get himself caught in the line of fire as well and must be saved.

Not as slick a plot as the pilot. Not sure why the episodes are out of order on the DVD, but this was still very entertaining. I think I'll check the order before I watch any more of the DVD! Thanks for reading...