The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Clash of the Cousins / Who's Your Mommy

Aired Weekdays 7:30 PM Jun 20, 2005 on Nickelodeon

• I'm really only reviewing "Who's Your Mommy?" because...well, take a look inside!

"Who's Your Mommy?" is a classic example of a TV show going way too far. As I watched the episode, I was saying to myself, "How are they getting away with this stuff in a cartoon?!?!?" I mean, really, Carl getting PREGNANT?

I definitely have to critique the writing on this episode. I've always thought of Jimmy Neutron as a kids' show with some adult humor (much like Butch Hartman's shows), but the writing for this episode was RIDICULOUS! There are 8 year olds watching this show, and here they are making all these PG-13 pregnancy references (I won't go into specifics because I don't know if younger kids will be reading this review)! I'm almost 15, and I felt uncomfortable watching it.

The other thing that bugged me was, well, Carl. Don't get me wrong; I love Rob Paulsen and I'm a huge fan of his work, but his character slipped a few times in this episode. For instance, when Carl's eating his weird pregnancy cravings sundae and he starts to get mood swingy, his voice sounds really angry- but it doesn't sound like Carl. It almost sounds like Rob is speaking in his normal voice.

So, in all, I give this episode a 2. There were times when I'd be laughing, but as a reviewer, I think it was awful. All I can say is, if we're not careful, kids will know PG-13 things at 8 years old!