The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Nickelodeon (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius Fan Reviews (384)

• The show is nothing major

The one thing about Jimmy Neutron that I like is Cindy. Her beliefs are cool and she's pretty funny.

I think the movie and "When Pants Attack" were great, but the show itself is nothing major.

• jimmy neutron

mostly the reason why ppl don't like this show is mainly because of Jimmy seems like a stuck-up bratty know-it-all.. i do enjoy the show though(i'm in love with Cindy)
  • Not a fan of this show

2.5
    I'm not big on Jimmy Neutron for n reasons. The animation is not-good. I'm not an animation fanatic, but how a show looks has some effect on how much I like it. The characters are all pretty irritating, except Cindy, who I think is a good character. The jokes are sometimes funny and sometimes clich. The plots are either completely predictable or moronically unpredictable, depending on the episode. But I've laughed with it a few times. It's not the worst thing on TV, but I'll take FOP or ZIM over this any day.
  • A rather bland and terribly unfunny show

I hate JN because JN has no orginiality and is a rather bland and terribly unfunny show. I enjoy Jimmy's friends more than Jimmy himself.
  • Jimmy is a hard character to like!

5.5
    Jimmy is a hard character to like. Carl and Sheen on the other hand, I think are good! I hated Libby, but I liked Cindy who Jimmy had a crush on.
  • I hate this show

I don't mind the secondary characters, but Jimmy himself irritates me to no end, mainly because of his impossibly arrogant personality.
  • Why I don't like this show

mostly the reason why I don't like this show is mainly because of Jimmy seems like a stuck-up bratty know-it-all.
  • I hate jimmy!!

I hate Jimmy because whenever I see him, he's always a snot.

• jimmy neutron was kinda good

I used to be a 'Jimmy Neutron' hater, but I think some of the stuff in the film and series is funny, and I think that all the characters are likeable except Libby and Jimmy. if you don't like the movie/series, then I respect your opinion.
  • Jimmy Neutron vs. Dexter

jimmy neutron is a cheap rip-off of Dexter
  • Jimmy himself is so annoying!!

Jimmy is the only problem with the show. He's a selfish jerk to everyone, is such a big show-off. He just annoys me. Other characters are great.
  • There is a law that says: "The main male and female characters must have some sort of crush on each other"

I really wish the writers would do away with the psudo-romantic, thing that they're attempting with Jimmy and Cindy. I guess there is a law that says: "The main male and female characters must have some sort of crush on each other"
  • Jimmy's a jerk!!!

Jimmy is a total jerk. When I look at him for more then 20 minutes I go crazy!!!
  • Cindy Vortex is awesome!

Cindy Vortex is my favorite character in the show. She's a great character and the only reason I watched the show.
  • Ended Over Money

After the 2006 movie, "Ant Bully" DNA Studios made a massive 55+ million dollars. This led to issues With Steve Oedekerk who owned "O Entertainment"(A Co-Producer) (Back at The Barnyard) and thus he sued DNA Studios and the founder John Adams paid him off. This put DNA Studios in major financial issues due to the lawsuit and in 2006 the show came to an end. This was a close childhood favorite of mines. Its nostalgic, genius, creative and funny. Its a TV show that spun off a innovative movie and is a good show. Steve the company did not deserve this, a chunk of my childhood was removed, for greed.
  • this show actually holds up

This will be a short one. Its rare that a TV show like jimmy neutron comes around because it was based on a movie by the same company, had all the voices reunite for the series, had some really good writing, jokes, plotlines, and even character development (though the animation sucks, but it has charm), and when the show ran out of ideas, it ended while it was still good. if you can find a way to watch this show, please do. it surprisingly holds up after all these years
  • A Childhood Classic!

I've grew up with this show as a little kid, and I just miss this show today.
  • A heck lot better than most Nicktoons airing today.

A silly but charming show about a super genius boy who's gets more than what he and his friends bargained for from his inventions and antics. Definitely worth watching. Has really good moments.
  • Good!

I like this Show!
  • My timeline in Nickelodeon

1999-2001: The first few years of my life. When everything was as it should be.

2002-2004: Rugrat's final 2 year living corpse period dies. Spongebob still is buff and strong, Jimmy Neutron comes along and is almost as tough as Spongebob. Things are as strong as they will be at this point in my life.

2005-2006: Spongebob begins to start loosing strength. Jimmy Neutron still pretty strong dies. Leaving Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents.

2007: Spongebob really begins to start become a living corpse. Fairly Oddparents is still a wee bit strong, Nick is starting to make terrible shows.

2008-2010: Spongebob becomes a living corpse. Fairly Oddparents begins to loose it's strength. Nick makes the worlds worst show on the planet.

2011-2012: Spongebob heads to a more near death condition. Nick's shows are really becoming terrible. They get rid of the worlds worst show though.

2013-present: Fairly Oddparents' 12 year wall collapses hard. Fairly Oddparents is now in a dying condition. Nick's wall falls down almost hard as there are these very weak shows trying to hold it up. And Spongebob who is in a far beyond death condition will never be the same. Nick makes the worst shows of all time.

Jimmy Neutron was a great show. Now that everything that was golden that is still living is in a dying condition. I must say goodbye Nick. It was fun while you had all the good shows.
  • One of Nicks greatest hits

When computer animated shows were still young, this show really helped us get love for this new style of cartooning. It is actually funny and the early episodes were the most enjoyable.
  • why did they stop making jimmy neutron boy gienus

why did they stop making jimmy neutron like just moving on to planet sheen like continue it or make another won like jimmy neutron:boy genius 2 and i have alotes of ideas for the new episodes like saving sheen,all ready and steady,were not losing,i am a genius
  • Only have 2 words to say!

I only have 2 words to say: GOTTA BLAST!
  • Cool!

Cool!
  • no dont ever ever ever watch this show

i say no between the goods and bads in this show there are more bads in the show then goods and bye that i mean that the hummor is FUCK UP and alot of other problems
  • Got to be one of the best Nickelodeon shows I've seen... and yet they canceld it.

Jimmy Neutron wasn't like most other Nicktoons in it's time. It was the first CGI cartoon Nickelodeon had, and it was good. Also, Jimmy Neutron is the only cartoon I know of where the writers actually put effort into making a geniu's lines sound real. Jimmy used REAL science terms, and REAL science methods, to make this show make sense. But I'll wait to tell you the rest of my compliments of this show until I adress the few problems.

Problem #1 Ideas- This problem was actually randomly found throughout the whole series. Not all plots, but some, were a little uninspired, and bland. However, most of these bland plots were given a little twist my Jimmy to make them somewhat refreshing. This problem isn't huge, but it's there. For example, in one episode, Jimmy, Cindy, Sheen, and Carl go out to search for a legendary "sea monster" that was terrorizing there town. This is one of my least favorite episodes, because it felt awkward and uninspired. Like I said though, this is very rare in the show, and it's very likely you won't run into it.

Problem #2 Voices- Ok, I'll admit, some of the voices in this show are nutty. Nutty like, annoying the crap out of you. For example, Miss Fowel, the kids teacher. She was supposed to have the voice of some kind of bird, and she always like, put her arms together like a bird. Her voice was somewhat unbearable. Luckily, she wasn't in to many episodes, but some. It was very rough and screechy, and sent goosebumps down myy back. >.< Another strangley-voiced character is Carl. At some points, his voice is very funny and perfectly fitting for the show. At other points, though, Carl strechted words and just seems stupid. This happens mainly in the newer ones. However, it's good that Carl's voice is in the show, because it does fit in a good way. Try to ignore these voices, and the show is bearable, in fact, great.

Now, let's get down with the good stuffs. :]

Compliment #1 Character Variety- Especially in modern TV shows today, (both kid and adult) the show seems to be dominant towards one gender. For example, while watching Disney Channel, there's only about two or three shows that the whole family can enjoy. Others, like Zeke and Luther, or Zack and Cody, are leaned towards males. And shows like Shake it Up!, and Hannah Montana, are leaned towards females. But in Jimmy Nuetron, there is a colorful cast of both boys and girls. Even though the three main characters are all boys, the main girls, Cindy and Libby, pop up in almost every episode, usually with major roles. The show gives all genders a dose of comedy and drama, which leads me into my next compliment.

Compliment #2 Genre Blending- Like Avatar: The Last Airbender, Jimmy Neutron has a good blend of drama, action, and adventure. Even sometimes, the show throws in a little "kid-friendly" horror. It all works well together. If your wondering, action can be found throuout the series, drama can be found more near the ending of the show, "horror" is mainly in the beggining of the series, and comedy, (which is exceptinol), can be found throughout the whole thing.

Compliment #3 Effort Into Charatcers- You can tell when you here the many charatcers talk, that the writers did thier homework. Jimmy says actual science terms and methods, and dosent bore you either. In fact, it's quite funny when he says his complex plans. Sheen just sounds plain dumb, in a good way. He talks about action figures alot, and he sounds like he's really into it. Carl constantly refers to body parts that he isn't good with, or injured, or something like that. He constantly refers to his "scabula" which is hilarious even after the 10th time. Cindy's voice actor is spectacular, with her emotion always wonderful. Libby has a good knowledge of music, and says all kinds of things about "funk". Its cool. The charatcers (unlike LOTS of cartoons) say the exact right thing at the exact time.

Compliment #4 Inventions- The inventions in this show many times serve as the substance of the whole conflict in the episode. They are usually wonderful. The inventions constantly change characters, or take them to exotic places where we've never dreamed of. This is almost opposite of Phineas and Ferb, where they're building cliche things like rollercoasters, or haunted houses.

So, overall, if you counted, there's way more compliments flooding this show than problems, and there minor ones anyway. No matter who you are, young, fat, old, stupid, bored, ugly, skinny, beautiful, odds are, you'll get a kick out of Nickelodeon's genius show about a genius kid.

**NOTE: The opinions stated in this reveiw are refering to Jimmy Neutron only, and not it's spin-off Planet Sheen.***

• Awsome Show.

This show is just awsome. I used to watch it alot when it was out. Too bad this show got cancelled.
  • More Jimmy, less Cosmo, PLEASE!

Unlike \\\"The Fairly Oddparents\\\" a show I used to love, \\\"Jimmy Neutron\\\" just gets better and better with time. The characterizations and relationships have a depth one wouldn\\\'t normally expect in a Nicktoon, the CGI is impeccable, better than in some bigscreen CGI toons, and the writing is superb. Plus it\\\'s funny, imaginative and original. A toon for the ages. I can\\\'t believe Nick is ordering more FOP (garbage) and not ordering more JN (a feast for the eyes, brain and heart) this season. JN is a toon for the ages, an instant classic! And we want more~!
  • Beautifully Animated and Creative that its cancellation shows shame in Nickelodeon.

Did you like sci-fi and adventure series that you would love to see in a series? There were two places to go, Dexter's Laboratory or Jimmy Neutron. At the time Dexter's Laboratory had gotten so much people interested in sci-fi animated series that when the series fell apart in its revived moments, Jimmy Neutron was created at that same time, and it gained so much attention to it's clever plots, great humor, and SPECTACULAR animation provided by DNA Productions. Jimmy Neutron is close to being the greatest Nicktoon ever created, you could watch it forever. I was incredibly dissapointed in the cancellation of this show, but hey, at least they made a sequel...you know...Planet Sheen...Got our hopes up a bit during the pilot episode am I right?
  • I used to like it but then I was like, What the heck is this?

3.2
    Yep. I used to like this series but now it's just like: Why the heck did I start watching it. First of all, it's extremely predictable. Jimmy messes up something then has to do something to make it right, which he does. And along the way the writers try to jam in some jokes but let's face it: They're not good jokes. They're just old bathroom jokes and annoying ones that Sheen and Carl use like every single episode. Second, I agree with Chowder23, the Jimmy and Cindy relationship is so dumb. They don't really deserve each other and it's shown in like almost every single new episode. And the really corny moments in the episodes,"Stranded" "Lady sings the news" and "Vanishing Act" sometimes it can be so cheesy well especially in Stranded because for some reason when on the island they want to express their likeness for each other. So stupid.
    Oh, and Jimmy Neutron, himself is so darn annoying. I hate him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10