The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Sheen's Brain

Aired Weekdays 7:30 PM Mar 08, 2004 on Nickelodeon

• Good episode. I liked how it focused on Sheen; we got to see a whole other side to him.

When Sheen discovers that he has to take a math test that will count for the majority of his grade, he asks Jimmy to help him study for it. Sadly, Sheen has a short attention span, and Jimmy, who becomes frustrated with Sheen, tries to help him by using his brain drain helmet as a brain gain helmet. The next day, Sheen is noticeably smarter, but as time goes on, he becomes so arrogant that he starts to annoy everyone else. Eventually Sheen goes mad with 'brain power.' His intelligence grows so much that he has abilities such as telekinesis and shooting lightning from his head. Sheen starts to take over Retroville, and his friends' attempts to stop him are futile. Finally, when Sheen accidentally hurts Jimmy and Carl, he decides that friendship is the most important thing and puts on the brain drain helmet. Everything then returns to normal.

I liked this episode because it focused on a character who doesn't get the spotlight all that often. Well, he sort of does, but not as much as Jimmy, Cindy, and sometimes Carl. I thought the plot was moderately creative, and it held my attention. In my opinion, this was one of the better episodes. The "problem" Jimmy has to solve using science is actually a common problem kids face: having trouble studying for tests (even though Sheen's problem was paying attention, but that's not the point) and not something random like picking up pants. Anyway, the bottom line is, this episode was entertaining! =)