The Adventures of Pete & Pete

Dance Fever

Aired Unknown Jan 01, 1994 on Nickelodeon

• Dance Dance Revolution

Season 3 I'll admit was never really this shows strong point but there were a lot of great episodes and this is one of them. I didn't give it a 10 as much as I wanted to because I feel the only flaw with this episode was the subplot with Older Pete, it just doesn't really play out to it's fullest potential, making it feel like your typical one dimentional romantic pursuit due to the fact that Older Pete got little screen time.

But since this is a Young Pete and Nona centered story and a good one at that, that flaw is easy to ignore. This episode gets at that common anxiety most boys and girls have, dancing. It's never so much because we don't know how it's more of the fear of embarassment, fear people will hate us because of the quality of our dancing and isolate us. We easily can emphisize with both characters fear of it as well as pursuit of an alternative, but despite their efforts with Young Pete's jar of pumped out Cream Corn that turned into some radioactive ozze (obviously metaphor on psychological safety net) there is no way around it. The theme in this episode is mainly about self evolution, in order for any of us to grow and get whatever we want we have to be willing to step beyond boundaries. And that of course is what both do in the end.

I think the funniest moments believe it or not were with Young Pete's arch nemisis/counter identity Pitstain (much like Endless Mike is for Older Pete). I just like how much grief he is giving Young Pete all leading to the floor wax chase, one of the weardest but coolest chase scenes ever. To the final pivital moment when Young Pete and Nona finally dance.