The Adventures of Pete & Pete

Das Bus

Aired Unknown Dec 21, 1995 on Nickelodeon

• "... and my favorite season is winter." This pretty much sums up the strangeness of the show, which always seems to have the better episodes be held during the winter/fall season.

After seeing one reviewer talk about how bad the series got by the third season, I was a little worried to check out these episodes when I stumbled into them on YouTube. And even though there's a serious lacking of Artie in these later episodes, I found that Bus Driver Stu was a good substitute for him.

Das Bus does a good job of bringing back the strangeness of the older episodes, especially with Stu's little anger montage near the end. And even though Older Pete seems to be as fickle as ever when it comes to girls, his little love story in this episode wasn't half bad. I also liked how Ellen has become more of a friend and less of a love interest in Older Pete, who's finally noticed that he's got options. As for younger Pete, he provided the perfect mix of being an adult-hating rebel in this episode, which was a breath of fresh air after the few odd episodes where he was merely the person Older Pete looked to for some brotherly advice. Even though he played such a small role in this episode, younger Pete wsa still able to bring on the funny.

And of course, there's this episode being held during the fall/winter season. I don't know why, but for some reason, all the best P&P episodes take place during the fall/winter. Throw in an emotionally disturbed bus driver and some vending machine running gags and you've got yourself one of the better season 3 P&P episodes.