The Adventures of Pete & Pete

Episode 12

What We Did On Our Summer Vacation

Aired Unknown May 17, 1993 on Nickelodeon

• The brothers Pete & Pete make the mistake of scaring away the true summer saver, and go on a quest to find him.

This episode is one of the reasons "The Adventures of Pete & Pete" in my opinion can not be beaten in certain fields. Basically, Ellen, Pete, and his younger brother Pete try to become friends with the lonely Mr. Tastee, and scare him away. Realizing the mistake he made, they go on a very hard and sometimes humorous adventure to find him. Funny moments are abundant and appropriate, like the scene where Artie, the strongest man in the world gets into the staring contest with the queen of the Yukatan bees, or Pete and Mort's slide down a hill on blocks of ice.

The ending is a happy one, but done in the classic Pete & Pete way... one that really is too good for words.

The music used in this special include Polaris (Summerbaby, Everywhere, She is Staggering, and of course, Hey Sandy), the Gothic Archies (Your Long White Fingers, the sad tune often used in this show), and coutnless others, but they are placed in appropriate times, and really fits in to the mood of each scene.

It is too bad that not all of the 30 minnute episode in this series can be treated with the same surreal joy as this one in my heart, but that is why I have the DVD - to watch this episode over, and over, and over, and over...