The Adventures of Spot

BBC (ended 2006)

The Adventures of Spot Fan Reviews (2)

6.3
  • Eric Hill's Spot Book Series Turned In To A Classical Tv Series.

Show Review:
    The Adventures of Spot

Spot, a young puppy, was first conceived by writer Eric Hill as a bedtime story for is son in 1978, and the first Spot book came out in 1980. Since then, Spot has grown in popularity. The show first made an appearance on BBC somewhere between 1986 and 1987, and is now fully available on Video & DVD.
  • A cute puppy, cute storybook environment and cute stories. Some people don't like it, but I do.

Well, I first found out about Spot in January 2000. Back then, I was already very depressed, since all my favourite shows was cancelled (Arthur? Gone since November '98. Rugrats? Not on since '97. Madeline? Lost in October '99. The Little Lulu Show? Lost in November '99). I only caught the show for about 5-10 seconds, but long enough for Spot to slip into my brain. Fast forward two months. I have obtained my first Spot video ever, Storytime with Spot. It was then I decided that I enjoy watching the show. And now, 5 1/2 years later, here I am, having watched all. I've also, throughout the time, managed to build what seems to be the most complete Spot Sound Book library.

Overall story goes, Spot goes for a gentle romp somewhere, plays about, heads home, the end. Not much, but it actually appeals to me. Somehow, it feels like Arthur, Rugrats and Madeline all rolled into one with the tough parts cut out.

I like it, no doubt. Top notch stuff.